• CIRCUIT CITY

• STAPLES

• OFFICE MAX/OFFICE DEPOT

• KOHLS/MACYS

• HOME DEPOT/LOWES/MENARDS

• ONLINE ONLY

• NOT GOING

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm in as well! Last year I got a GPS that they advertised at BB for black Friday morning on Thursday morning online, with free shipping! So don't forget to check online on Thursday, some of the best deals can be had at home! (I still went on Friday too, I am addicted!)

Thanks for the thread!

Count me in, too!

No idea what is on my list yet, but I can't wait to see everyone else's list!

OK, edit! I am looking for a Margaritaville frozen drink machine for DH. He's obsessed!

Anyone see any ad scans yet? :rotfl: Wondering with the economy how black friday will look this year..whether stores will be more apt to run sales, or they will be so broke that they need to charge regular price.

Ok, this is way early, but what the heck..jumping on the train.

I CAN"T WAIT!!!!! I live for this day! I have to work until 6am on BF,but I'm going to cut out at 3:00 am to make the lines!!!! I'm looking for a computer/t.v. moniter, and a camcorder taht records on disc's.

I am only have thing list the so far is blue ray dvd player. Bought HD-player at Wal-mart for 99.00 dollars last year.

Are there really any Black Friday rumors out already? I don't even have a clue what my children will want this year? If I don't get a Wii Fit this summer, then I'm hoping to pick one up on Black Friday.

Blu ray players, hd players, mp3s, lcd tvs cameras, what else buds are we on the hunt for?

OOHH - count me IN! I've never done BF but desperately want to this year! I'm hoping to recruit one of my kids to come with me :)

OOHH - count me IN! I've never done BF but desperately want to this year! I'm hoping to recruit one of my kids to come with me :)
It's been fun shopping with my daughter!!! We hit the sales early, she drives the cart and protects the good while I run and grab, and we have many war stories to share when we get back home.......................

From another site:

The day after Thanksgiving, though not the busiest day of the holiday shopping season (the Sunday before Christmas is), has evolved into a holiday of its own -- one whose traditions include rising before dawn and fending off line jumpers.

And there are the deals, of course, with details leaked weeks beforehand to whip up buzz about $500 flat-screen TVs and $5 Barbies. Black Friday, so called because it's the day traditionally that retailers go from being "in the red" to in the black, is the ceremonial kickoff to the shopping season.

"To me, it's the best day of the year. It's practically a holiday," said Tony Luna of St. Louis, who has launched a line of Black Friday T-shirts, sporting slogans such as "Line Jumpers Beware," for $16.99 each.

"Every year it's getting crazier. Even if you don't want to shop, it's worth going out there and seeing what lengths people are willing to go to save some money," he said.

That meant some fistfights and hair pulling last year as more than 60 million people swarmed stores for bargains and spent more than $27 billion.

"It comes down to people who love the frenzy," said Phil Rist, a vice president of strategy for BIGresearch, "and people who don't love the frenzy."

From another site:

Know your target
"It's a job," said Ellie Bernstein, who shopped on Black Friday last year but found herself cruising the parking lot of an outlet mall in Camarillo, Calif., for hours.

"You have to stay focused and be a sharp shopper," she said. "Know what you want in advance. Make a plan."

You'll want to keep your sanity and, perhaps more importantly, your dignity. Here's how:

When scrutinizing the advertisements, remember to watch for such abbreviations as "AR," or after rebate; "MIR," meaning there's a mail-in rebate; and "B&M," or brick and mortar, referring to deals available only at retail locations.

Try a dry run. Before the sale, find out where all the items you want are in the store. "At Best Buy or Circuit City, you can make one wrong turn down an aisle and it'll cost you 30 minutes in the checkout line -- and maybe being able to grab your item before it sells out," Luna said.

Some veteran deal sharks purchase desired Black Friday items a week in advance. On Black Friday, they come back and take the item to the customer-service desk and price-match. Some stores are making their Black Friday prices good for a week, so you may be able to make your returns over the weekend.

On Friday, leave the kids at home.

Get someone to drop you off so you aren't searching for a parking space for hours.

Dress in layers. Bring down comforters or blankets while waiting in line if you live in a colder climate.

Make friends in line with those around you, so if someone jumps in front of you after you've been waiting two hours, you have the weight of a group of angry shoppers behind you.

Don't take on a line jumper. To avoid direct conflict, grab a police officer, usually on the scene at big malls and stores to handle the issue.

Beware of thieves, and try not to use cash. Bring credit cards instead.

Put your purchases in a locked trunk, not your car's back seat.

Wear tennis shoes.

Divide and conquer. Have each family member take on a certain store, buying purchases for the group. This doesn't work if everyone wants the same item and the store has a one-per-customer limit.

Okay, I'll bite...we planned to NOT travel that looong w/end so we can shop :lmao:

We're moving into our own space so we'll have our eye on: :surfweb:
- 42' to 46" LCD tv
- 26" LCD tv (shhh...DH doesn't know about this one for the kitchen :rotfl2: )
- foosball table
- air hockey table
- treadmill
- DVR
- hopefully some nice but affordable gifts for family Christmas gifts :goodvibes

cheers,
:flower3:

I am in for the ride!! I love Black Friday and plan on stalking the sales. I don't have a wish list yet, but I am sure it will form as the sales come out.

Forgot to add...

OP :love: your jingle - just perfect!

Last year we were in NYC to see the Macy's Christmas Parade (it was on my life to-do list :rotfl: ). The flagship Apple store started their sale at midnite (smart guys) so we got out of bed and hopped a cab over - bloody cold out! Being Grinches, they didn't advertise what was on sale beforehand. We (apparently lil Mac elves too) only found out thru the flyer they handed out to those in the line. No freebies (those around us said they often have freebies, but not this time). We didn't need anything specifically but picked up another iPod in the frenzy. Turned out to be a good buy as our other one looks like a dinosaur compared to the new one.

We headed back to the hotel, caught a few zzzz's til and walked a couple of blocks to the newly opened Best Buy. People had been camped up out for a long time judging by the chairs, sleeping bags and garbage everywhere. 40+" LCD TVs were half price - the limited number were snatched up immediately. We couldn't get one cuz we had no way of getting it back home (flying). THAT's when DH decided that 2008 - WE ARE STAYING HOME :lmao:

I did some serious shopping at Macy's during the day - the place was packed. DH was seriously concerned someone was going to get hurt. Boy, did I find some good stuff! :thumbsup2

cheers,
:flower3:

Would anyone mind keeping an eye out for Doctor Who dvd's? I'm looking for the 2 most recent Dcotors if that helps!

We only got out for part of BF 2007. DD danced in the Oireachtas (Mid-Atlantic Regionals) with her dance school teams that day. We went out for the midnight outlet mall sales, hung around for the regular mall and Target, and then hopped the train from Lancaster to Philly. (She slept on the train ride). We were originally due back at 9pm for family/friends evening celebrations, but train developed "problems" - it broke down - and we didn't get back til midnight. :furious:

By the time we got into Lancaster station, found the car, and drove back to our campground, everyone else was fast asleep.:( DD is not sure if she's doing that again this year. She missed out on all the fun.

We really didn't buy a lot last year, buy hoping for better in 08!! Of course, if we're still spending $300+ a week in gas between me and DH, there might not be much left to spend on BF!:faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter