Bizarre Baby Snack Question

moonpie85

DIS Veteran
Okay so I need to divide up the puffs, little crunchies, etc for the trip into little snack ziploc bags so that they fit in my parks bag better. How long do those stay fresh in zippies? I don't want to do too early but starting to pack and was curious?

Thanks Moms!

:thumbsup2

If you get a high quality Ziploc bag, they should theoretically stay fresh as long as they would in an open-and-then-closed original container. I found a ziploc with them in it about a week after packing before and they were just fine.

I wouldn't put them in a ziploc bag for more than a few days. I have found that snacks left in a plastic bag start to taste kind of plastic-y. Then my dd won't eat them and I end up throwing them away. I would use small tupperware containers instead. When dd was at the baby snack stage I had some little snack containers/bottles that snapped together, they were great!

I agree with the PP who said the snacks start to taste like the plastic bag if they're in the bag for more than a day or two. I always packed some zip lock bags and the entire container of Puffs (or whatever the snack is) in my suitcase. Each day, when I stocked my park bag, I would pour some Puffs from the original container into a ziplock and put it in my park bag.

If you use zip-lock baggies, you need to be careful not to let them get crushed. Also I am not good with babies eating out of baggies. If you need a container for them to eat out of, I would take a small plastic one with a lid and refill each day but if you are going to place them on a snack tray or the table, I would just take the whole container they come in and pour of out that.

I find that the dry powdered formula containers work great for storing snacks like puffs, cereal o's or kix and other things. The ones I have contain three separate sections that are perfect size for snacks.
I would also recommend taking the original containers. I just pour snacks into daily for each day at the parks. I find them very useful in limiiting spills for my toddler too. I recently bought a Munchkin brand one that actualy says it is a snack dispenser and it seems to hold a larger amount. Whenever I tried using baggies, everything ended up getting broken and in little pieces. Congrats on your adoption!
Have fun in DW!

Thanks everybody!

Think I'm going to pack in original containers then divide up each morning so they don't get smashed on the plane (hadn't thought of that.) She won't eat out of the baggies she has an unspillable snack bowl for that just using the baggies for the dividing since I don't want to carry around the big containers in the parks. My poor park bag will be stuffed already :laughing: Although, I might look into this Munchkin snack divider the PP talked about, sounds neat!

Thanks Again!!!! :goodvibes

Yeah I never had much luck with the fresh factor on those. You may want to consider buying the small pacakges of goldfish and teddy grams, my little ones do good with those. Their already packaged for 1 serving and they are small and don't take much space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter