Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique ~ ALL you need to know + Tons of Pix ~ Updated 10/2012

What is your favorite Disney World costume?

• Cinderella

• Belle (yellow)

• Aurora

• Jasmine

• Snow White

• Minnie Mouse

• Alice

• Pocahontas

• Ariel Mermaid

• Areil Ball Gown

• Holday Belle (red)

• White Princess Gown (all 3 princesses)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Am I just out of luck? My almost 7 year old has decided she would REALLY like to do this...our trip is 10/26-11/1.

:crazy2:

I'd put them on speed dial and keep calling as often as possible and subscribe and stalk the cancellation thread on this forum. You also might have to be flexible. Downtown Disney tends to have more openings than the MK location.

We are taking our two daughters (ages 4 and 6) to BBB in November. I already have their dresses (Belle and Cinderella) to take with us. I am trying to figure out what kind of shoes they should wear. Any suggestions? They are both so girly--want to be dressed up for everything (even WDW) and although I'm planning on them wearing athletic shoes for the parks, I don't think they'll want to wear them when they are all dressed up. Those princess dress up shoes don't look like a very good option, comfort-wise. What have your daughters worn for shoes? We have a mid-afternoon appointment, then dinner at CRT, but I'm sure there will be plenty of walking after BBB.

We are doing pink sparkly Toms (they have blue & gold sparkle too). They're comfy enough to wear all day, cute, and we'll get use out of them other than just our trip.

Did you all call in at 180 days to get a reservation at BBB? We didn't book our trip until 120+_ days before our trip. I have been calling and calling, but no appointments! :sad:

Am I just out of luck? My almost 7 year old has decided she would REALLY like to do this...our trip is 10/26-11/1.

:crazy2:

Keep trying. Last year we booked our trip 2 weeks before we left in July. I was able to get an appointment at MK and then I continued to call daily and within a couple days before, was able to move it up a couple different times to earlier in the day

We are taking our two daughters (ages 4 and 6) to BBB in November. I already have their dresses (Belle and Cinderella) to take with us. I am trying to figure out what kind of shoes they should wear. Any suggestions? They are both so girly--want to be dressed up for everything (even WDW) and although I'm planning on them wearing athletic shoes for the parks, I don't think they'll want to wear them when they are all dressed up. Those princess dress up shoes don't look like a very good option, comfort-wise. What have your daughters worn for shoes? We have a mid-afternoon appointment, then dinner at CRT, but I'm sure there will be plenty of walking after BBB.
I just bought Sperry black sequin shoes for my DD. They are super cute and comfy enough to wear all day. They are cheaper on Amazon. I paid around $28 plus eligible for free shipping. She will get additional use out of them.

I called about 50 days out for our reservation. It was tricky and I had to rearrange everything to make the BBB appt make sense but it's definitely doable! Stay diligent in your phone calls to see if someone cancelled and you can take their spot. Good luck!

My dilemma:

We have an 11:50am BBB reservation at MK.

We have SDMT FP+s with a 12:10-1:10 return window.

Will we be able to make it to SDMT by 1:10pm? We have our own dress and will probably do the castle package. This is our first BBB so I have no idea how long it takes.

If only all of life's "dilemmas" were like this one.....how sweet that would be.

I'm confused about the dress selection at the BBB at Downtown Disney. I hear it's in a Disney store, so I'm assuming that store will carry all of the normal Disney Store dresses? But I also think that BBB has their own parks dresses.. If I don't get the deluxe package that includes a dress, but I still want to let them pick out a dress, how does that work? Just let them pick one at the Disney Store first, then go in to BBB? Or can we buy the parks dress a la carte?

Trying to decide if I should just buy one at Disney Store online right now as they are 25% off.. Do they mark down further after Halloween? Or is 25% about as good as it gets for DS princess dresses?

Also - are the parks costumes any higher quality than the regular Disney Store dresses? I'm assuming they're not the quality of the DS "deluxe" dresses.

My dilemma:

We have an 11:50am BBB reservation at MK.

We have SDMT FP+s with a 12:10-1:10 return window.

Will we be able to make it to SDMT by 1:10pm? We have our own dress and will probably do the castle package. This is our first BBB so I have no idea how long it takes.

If only all of life's "dilemmas" were like this one.....how sweet that would be.

It's hard to say IMO - depends on whether or not they get backed up. If you get in right at 11:50 you may cut it close but if they are running behind you might not make it. I don't think we've ever been sat on time and we do early morning times. The one time we had a 1:00 appt. DD wasn't sat until about 1:30.

I'm confused about the dress selection at the BBB at Downtown Disney. I hear it's in a Disney store, so I'm assuming that store will carry all of the normal Disney Store dresses? But I also think that BBB has their own parks dresses.. If I don't get the deluxe package that includes a dress, but I still want to let them pick out a dress, how does that work? Just let them pick one at the Disney Store first, then go in to BBB? Or can we buy the parks dress a la carte?

It's inside the World of Disney which is different from a Disney Store. They sell the dresses that are sold in the parks and they are different (and more costly) than those at the Disney Store
Trying to decide if I should just buy one at Disney Store online right now as they are 25% off.. Do they mark down further after Halloween? Or is 25% about as good as it gets for DS princess dresses?

I am really on the fence about this:

We have so many costumes, Belle, Belle Christmas, Aurora, Anna coronation, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Zarina, Sofia, Merida, Cinderella and I'm probably forgetting at least 1.
My thought is to take the dress and accessories with me. We will be eating at CRT that evening, and my thought was to get the tiara and glass slipper from the dinner. Can you buy a tiara separately at BBB? (namely the Anna coronation crown). I will have another grandchild with me who is too young so I thought to get the accessories at CRT and think the 4 year old will rather have the CRT tiara over the BBB one? Any thoughts on this from someone who has been to BBB?
Also we are doing MM so will the pictures be as good and as plentiful as they would be if we do the Castle package? Is the tutu and t shirt worth the extra $35.00? Just trying to figure out what to do.
(Her absolute favorite costume is Zarina)

Wow 193 pages, that's a lot of reading! Can anybody tell me if the sizes still run upwards of 14? Also is it possible to get a less expensive package, and just add the cost of a dress onto it without doing a big expensive package with the pictures and everything? Thanks. Oh and also, do they have Anna's coronation dress available?

Some of this may be answered in the depths of this thread, but I didn't find answers to two questions that I have in the first or last several.

We have an 8:15 appointment for my DD6, on a day that MK opens at 9. Will they allow our entire party of 5 in early, or just DD and a guardian?

We're also bringing our own Belle dress - should she go ahead and be wearing it when we arrive, or is putting it on part of the experience?

We have a reservation at 8:30am. I want to buy her a dress for it, but someone previosly mentioned buying one at a store next to BBB. Does that store open when the parks open at 9? Should we buy one the day or two before and bring it with us?

Also is it possible to get a less expensive package, and just add the cost of a dress onto it without doing a big expensive package with the pictures and everything? Thanks. Oh and also, do they have Anna's coronation dress available?

Yes. This is what we did this week. I got the castle package (hair, makeup, nails) and added on the dress and some $20 flip flops. I looked at my receipt later and noticed I got an $18 discount for a "bundle". Idk what it was for but it basically made the shoes free!

Yes, they have the Anna coronation dress. It's gorgeous.

Some of this may be answered in the depths of this thread, but I didn't find answers to two questions that I have in the first or last several. We have an 8:15 appointment for my DD6, on a day that MK opens at 9. Will they allow our entire party of 5 in early, or just DD and a guardian? We're also bringing our own Belle dress - should she go ahead and be wearing it when we arrive, or is putting it on part of the experience?

Your whole party will be allowed in together, as long as they are all there with you when you want to go through the gate. You will love the boutique that early! There will be tons of space to get great pictures without it being so crowded!

We have a reservation at 8:30am. I want to buy her a dress for it, but someone previosly mentioned buying one at a store next to BBB. Does that store open when the parks open at 9? Should we buy one the day or two before and bring it with us?

That store will open at 9, but they do sell the same dresses right there at the boutique. You could just buy it when you get there and she can change there.

FantasmicMike said:
Some of this may be answered in the depths of this thread, but I didn't find answers to two questions that I have in the first or last several.

We have an 8:15 appointment for my DD6, on a day that MK opens at 9. Will they allow our entire party of 5 in early, or just DD and a guardian?

We're also bringing our own Belle dress - should she go ahead and be wearing it when we arrive, or is putting it on part of the experience?

Your entire party will be let in. We had a total of 8 one time. I always have DD wear her dress. We get a time prior to park opening and I love the pics of her walking on an almost empty Main Street to the castle in her dress.

Are they offering any of the frozen hairstyles?

When we went in October, they didn't. However, our DD wore her Anna dress and she selected one of the bun styles they offered, so it was like her at coronation. Maybe it's changed though or someone has a different response.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter