• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beware menu changes at LeCellier

What is key for WDW is "Free" DDP. I'm sure most of you are in the same boat as me in that you would never purchase the DDP. We use it every trip because of the FD promotion. To me thats what makes the price of staying at WDW fair. Without FD they are overpriced. It is a smart promotion on their part for reasons stated above by others.

What I personally would like to see as a cost compromise is this:

Take away dessert as part of the DDP. Use that cost cutting measure to keep the quality of the meals intact. I will choose to buy dessert if I want to. I personally don't want dessert with every meal and find it a waste, especially with the QS credits. Give me a better meal and I'll worry about dessert.

Having said that I guess I'm not a food connoisseur like the rest of you because I don't have alot of complaints about my meals at WDW. I'm not expecting something prepared by the personal chef of the Queen of France.

I had doubts about the lack of follow-up reports from anywhere too. So I had a friend stop into Le Cellier yesterday and ask about the changes. Here's what she said:

We were there the last week of May. The mushroom filet was on the menu, but it was served with risotto with peas. No mushrooms in the risotto, only on the steak.

So I understand that today's information is of limited use for future ADRs because we don't know what may change when. However, I would still appreciate someone who is eating there within the past or next week to let us know what they think of the menu and food from their experience.
I would also like anyone with a dairy allergy to let me know what they were able to eat at LeCellier. If you are out there, please respond. TIA

Well, pea risotto does not look nice to me...
Did you like it? What did you think of the rest of your meal?

Still want to hear from anyone who has eaten there dairy free lately also...

The first two times that DH and I went, we had a great meal. This past Dec/Jan, I ordered the bone-in ribeye medium. It came out so charred black that I could barely cut into it. When I did, it was barely cooked at all on the inside--it might have been still mooing. We have agreed to give it a break.

My family and I were there last week for dinner. The mushroom risotto is not on the menu. I asked my flustered waiter if they could still make it and was told that spinach was the only option. We were very disappointed. Why change the signature dish you're known for and not let loyal customers know in advance?

My family and I were there last week for dinner. The mushroom risotto is not on the menu. I asked my flustered waiter if they could still make it and was told that spinach was the only option. We were very disappointed. Why change the signature dish you're known for and not let loyal customers know in advance?

LC was one of our must do's each trip for years. My favorite was the filet since back when it was served on mashed potatoes. Once they switched to the risotto, I still always asked for the potatoes instead and was always accommodated. (Too bad they won't accommodate the mushroom risotto request)

We haven't been back since they made it a signature for lunch and dinner, though. Certainly not worth it anymore for a full meal. I would rather spend 2 credits at Yatchman, or Narcooses, or V&As.

I could still be persuaded to go for the cheese soup, pretzel bread and creme brûlée, though! Unless they decide to mess around with those items too.....

The first trip we made, we are there and it was okay.... nothing amazing. I think they overcooked the meat, almost to the point where it was inedible. When we went last trip, it was a fiasco. We waited 1 1/2 hours for our table before we finally gave up and went back to the GF and got room service. We never even got in. We were totally done w/ Le Cellier at that point. Now reading everyone's reviews, I don't know that I want to try again. I think for 2 ts, I might just swap out for Flying Fish (LOVE this place!) or Narcoossee's or Yachtsman's. Seems like there are alot better options.

I know what my DH is going to say... forget those and let's go back to Via Napoli again! ;)

We ate there recently and had the filet with the pea risotto. It was not as good as the mushroom risotto. The peas just don't work with it the way the mushrooms did. It makes everything pastier and bland.

Also, the usually delicious cheese soup was lukewarm and so thick you could eat it with a fork. And at $10/bowl-- :sad2:

I know prices in the "Disney Dining Reality Distortion Field" are inflated. But even with Tables in Wonderland, I can no longer justify the cost of a meal at Le Cellier. It was just too mediocre. I'm sorry to say that was probably our last meal there.

Even though they no longer make the mushroom risotto (which means no mushroom filet) do they still make the filet mignon?

Le Cellier is probably my favorite Disney restaurant, and I am a BIG filet fan. But I'm also a picky eater, so I always got it without the mushrooms anyway (so, basically a plain filet.) As long as they still make the filet, I'll be a lot less heartbroken.

I'm pretty bummed about the changes to the fillet. My husband and I both love the mushroom risotto. We have an ADR scheduled for our arrival night in December. I'm thinking that I might hold onto the ADR until a little bit closer to the date and see if the menu changes again. I would hate to cancel Le Cellier and then not be able to get it back. Availability at a different restaurant in Epcot wouldn't be as challenging so I am going to hold off for now. Hopefully people can keep posting on this thread as they dine there to let us know how things are going and what changes have been made/or (hopefully) changed back to the original menu item!

We've heard it's going to change to an Outback Steakhouse. Don't know if that is accurate or not but heard le cellier will close and be refurbished. It will reopen as an Outback. This may be why some menu changes.

We could only hope...

That was an April Fools joke...

Sadly!

This place has been coasting for years. All I can think is folks believe "we spent hundreds of dollars so it must have been good" I spent well over $100 for one person and when I left the two words that described my view were "RIP OFF"

Gave it several tries, won't be back!

We could only hope...

Sadly!

This place has been coasting for years. All I can think is folks believe "we spent hundreds of dollars so it must have been good" I spent well over $100 for one person and when I left the two words that described my view were "RIP OFF"

Gave it several tries, won't be back!

I agree. Whenever we have a thread about most overrated restaurant, I always answer Le Cellier. I should not be paying that much money to sit in the lap of the table next to me OR for that quality that they served me. Like I said before, I can make a better steak at home and it costs a HECK of a lot less.

Maybe I am spoiled since I have been to a real steakhouse (I'm from the Chicago area originally). But Le Cellier doesn't even come close to competing at the level it costs.

I think for us it is decent tasting steak (cheese soup, pretzel bread and those mini martinis!), but it is more so being in Disney, the atmosphere and the ambience. I honestly didn't feel like I was sitting too close to other diners... Could my husband make a better steak at home? Yes, and he has!
We haven't tried Yachtsman or Shula's yet (I am not sure about Shula's because it is a chain), so maybe we should try someplace new?

A friend of mine is a server there currently, they supposedly have two additional 'changes' for the filet and mushroom risotto dish and if the reviews stay terrible, the original will be back. (Supposedly)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter