Best Wishes for Teena!

Teena, thank you for all you have done to bring magic to so many families Disney vacations. Although we stay at YC every trip, I never got to meet you. Every time we would pass thru the BC lobby, you were busy spreading your special sunshine to others. :goodvibes

It was great having an "insider" posting here, but now we'll all get to help you as you & Jeanne plan future vacations! Best wishes as you embark on this next phase of your life. Hope the move goes smoothly. It's. It's not good bye, it's "See you on the boards!!!" :wave:

Teena,

I only met you once - May 2014 I believe - but appreciated all your advice on here. Wishing you only the best on your new adventure. I know your girls will be so happy to have you living in the same place. You will be missed .

Debbi

Teena,

Wishing you nothing but the best with your move to Vegas. You will surely be missed!! I did have an opportunity to meet you in 2013. I felt like I had known you for years. You are such a great person. Jeanne and Lily are so lucky to have you there with them full time.
Hope you will be able to make it back to WDW often!!!
Please stay in touch on the BC thread.

❤️ Deb

305e2b3c-07e1-4a05-a64c-87d32c05b95b_zpsngnffbov.jpg

Thanks to Dee I now have the picture of our last meeting with Teena. This picture was taken Jan 10, 2016. :)

Last edited:
upload_2016-2-3_13-20-12.png upload_2016-2-3_13-22-6.png upload_2016-2-3_13-23-30.png upload_2016-2-3_13-24-24.png upload_2016-2-3_14-2-58.png
Even though I only met Teena a few years ago, Teena always made me feel like I had known her forever. Always greeting everyone with a warm smile (and, sometimes, a warm hug, as well), the BC could not have had a better way of welcoming guests "back home" to the Beach Club, than by being greeted by Teena.

Visiting with Teena was always so much fun, or interesting, or both, that time seemed to fly by so quickly, when chatting with her. One time, while visiting with Teena in the outer vestibule, as I was waiting for the ME, time passed too quickly. As I glanced out to the front drive, I noticed a bus driving away from the BC. I excused myself and ran out to ask the CMs out front if that was my ME pick-up. They answered that it was, indeed, as I watched a CM run down the road, chasing down the bus for me!

Most everyone knows how helpful Teena was, whether giving advice on where to find something, or making a WDW recommendation, or helping to straighten out a problem with a guest room. It only took a visit to Teena in the lobby, and you knew you would be looked after. However, being known by so many regular visitors also sometimes meant that Teena was never "off the clock." Even while she was on vacation with her family, guests would approach her with their problems. And, of course, Teena would be there to help them out.

I had the good fortune of being able to schedule a very quick trip to say "so long" to Teena and visit with her one last time, while she was still a CM. Her last two days at the BC brought many visitors, who wanted to wish her well on the move out west. They included guests, as well as current and former co-workers and managers. The CMs at the BC, for the most part, did not know she was leaving, which, I believe, was the way Teena wanted it.

The above photos were taken on 01/24/2016 and 01/25/2016 - the last two days as a CM. The second photo was taken with a former manager, who now works at another resort, but made a special trip over to the BC to see Teena. The 3rd and 4th pictures are of Teena signing out for the last time as a BC CM and then walking into the back room at the BC. The last picture is not of a CM, but of wonderful smiling Teena, who never takes a bad picture.

We talked about a meet or reunion with everybody. Teena said it's never good-bye; but, in the words of Mickey, it's "See ya real soon!"

Wishing Teena a wonderful new adventure with the two special girls in her life and letting her know that we will "See ya real soon!"

Last edited:
image.jpeg
Dearest Teena,
The Beach Club will never be the same without you. Thank you for the laughs, the tips and the help in making every one of our trips special. We especially remember your help getting us "our" room for the magical Christmas we spent at the world 2 years ago. Glad we were able to grab a couple of meals together at Crew's Cup. We will miss you terribly.

Ron, Tracy and Nicki

This picture was taken January 11, 2016. We had learned Tina was retiring to join her daughter and Lilly but at the time she was thinking after our annual Summer 2016 trip so we were looking forward to visiting with her one last time in June. I had been away from the boards over the holidays and only coincidentally had scheduled a trip in January during my DD's winter break from college and were able to nab a couple of days at the BCV. Little did I know until we got there that this would be our last visit with our favorite greeter. So glad for that little gift of seeing Teena one last time and only sorry DH wasn't there with us.

I can't quite put my finger on it but I guess it is that Teena just made you feel like you were coming home. She always remembered us when we came back and knew when she hadn't seen us for a while. The other greeters are friendly enough but Teena had this way of lighting up your day with her smile and taking a more personal interest in you and what you had going on. I could stop to chat with the other greeters for a minute or two but could stop and chat with Teena for an hour or two (although we tried not to chat that long...didn't want to be like those chair piggies). You will be missed my friend.

Last edited:
Teena, Thank you for making our 2010 trip so special! Thanks in big part to you we fell in love with BC and Disney. If I can find the pics of us from that trip, I'll add them here. Let me know if you need Tastykakes shipped!

Meg

Thank you for all the kind words. We just moved into our new home and are slowly getting unpacked. It will go quickly once school is done. One more week. I miss Bob, Disney and Florida so much but I now have a new normal. I am very very busy between helping Jeanne in school, being a full time Nanny to Lily and my new business, "The Grading Nanny". I've been grading papers for teachers and it makes me enough money for Lily's and my WDW trips. First one is scheduled in September ... just Lily and Nanny. Jeanne of course will be teaching. Lily will be in Kindergarten ... can you believe it ... but Jeanne said it's fine to take her out for WDW. Summers are too crowded for me and the end of September hopefully will be under 90 degrees. I hope anyone who will be at WDW from September 21-27 will message me and maybe we can meet up!!!!

And oh yes, send Tastycakes anytime. Just PM me for my new address!!!! Once we are settled in, I will post pictures of the new house! Right now it is just boxes, boxes and more boxes.

Miss everybody so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't thank you enough for all the love you have shown me for 12 years!!!!

I totally missed this thread. I want to say I really hope your new move is a great one. Excellent idea for a side gig. The Grading Nanny! I could send you a huge pile of work. So glad I met you in August 2013 and again in 2015. I'm back at BC this upcoming August but I am sure it will feel a bit less homey. Best wishes! HubbDave

Thank you for all the kind words. We just moved into our new home and are slowly getting unpacked. It will go quickly once school is done. One more week. I miss Bob, Disney and Florida so much but I now have a new normal. I am very very busy between helping Jeanne in school, being a full time Nanny to Lily and my new business, "The Grading Nanny". I've been grading papers for teachers and it makes me enough money for Lily's and my WDW trips. First one is scheduled in September ... just Lily and Nanny. Jeanne of course will be teaching. Lily will be in Kindergarten ... can you believe it ... but Jeanne said it's fine to take her out for WDW. Summers are too crowded for me and the end of September hopefully will be under 90 degrees. I hope anyone who will be at WDW from September 21-27 will message me and maybe we can meet up!!!!

And oh yes, send Tastycakes anytime. Just PM me for my new address!!!! Once we are settled in, I will post pictures of the new house! Right now it is just boxes, boxes and more boxes.

Miss everybody so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't thank you enough for all the love you have shown me for 12 years!!!!
HOW COOL! I wish I had a grading nanny here! I teach second grade and would TOTALLY love to find someone local! Good for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter