Best way back to Polynesian from YBC after Illuminations Cruise??

goofy4tink

No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator
If we do get our cruise, what is the best/easiest way back to Polynesian after the cruise? Are we better off just leisurely strolling back to Epcot and taking the monorail??? We won't be in a huge hurry at that point.

I'm thinking walk to MGM then bus would be shorter, but I'm sure the experts will help you soon!

Personally, I don't know if I would want to walk all the way through Epcot after a long day. I remember limping back to the car once after illuminations! Luckily we were very, very close, but I didn't think I was going to make it. :)

I feel your pain Gillian!!! I had forgotten that aspect of Epcot!!! MGM sounds like a better bet. We'll see what others and/or Tyler have to say. Thanks.

Personally, I'd plan to spend some time at the Boardwalk (Maybe go to Jellyrolls!) and then spring for the $10 +/- and take a cab. Depending on when you're going, if we assume the cruise gets back to the dock around 9:30, MGM may be long closed and you may not be able to stroll through Epcot!

Having walked all the way from the Studios to Epcot (30 minutes, we must be slow!), the YC marina is much closer to Epcot than MGM. I'd still bet on walking thru Epcot and taking the monorail to the TTC.

You're only options will be either to take a bus to DTD and transfer to the Poly bus or take a cab. Since the cruise won't end until after Epcot closes you won't be able to gain entrance to Epcot and walk to the monorail. Walking to MGM MIGHT work if MGM closes at 10:00, but again, it is a LONG walk and if MGM is open to 10:00, you'll be fighting the Fantasmic crowd for seats on the bus. I think it's well worth the cab fare to get back to the Poly. Or if you have your own car, you can drive from the Poly and park your car at the YC and then drive yourself back.

It's looking like the cab and a visit to Boardwalk might be in order here. Hadn't thought about that before. Just what my dh will want to hear....staying out even later!!

Go to Jellyrolls! It's a duel piano sing along bar at the Boardwalk. There's a $6 (or maybe slightly more) cover, but it's alot of fun. No one under 21 allowed though, so if you have children with you you either have to put them in the kids club at the Beach Club or forget it. Also, there's the ESPN Club/Bar. YOu can take the kids there and they have a small arcade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter