Best snacks to pack?

DisneyAuntie12

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have thoughts on what snacks to pack for the park in September? Specifically, wondering:

- What doesn't melt, crumble, mash, etc. on the go? (They will be in a stroller but probably crammed in - I know some of my favorite snacks like Nature Valley bars turn into a wrapper full of crumbs if they travel even in my car for too long.)

- I know every child is different, but will little kids typically eat a packed snack or do they insist that their future happiness depends on them getting a Mickey shaped pretzel or ice cream bar? Wondering how much to pack for about five hours of parking at a time, with a meal on either end.

- I don't actually have kids (this is for my nephew) so what are some portable kid friendly snacks in general? Most of the things I know he likes fall in the melty / crumbly category.

We take fruit chews and granola bars. We also get Mickey bars and Dole Whips. You just spell out ahead of time that you can't have everything you see and there will be special treats and regular treats.

Reactions: ffw
We love the little apple sauce pouches and pureed fruit pouches. They are resealable and it doesn't hurt them to get smushed. They don't require refrigeration unless you go a long time after opening but they are usually under 4 oz and will not be left over. GoGo Squeeze Strawberry Kiwi Apple and Peter Rabbit Strawberry Banana are my faves. There are lots of brands that make them. Just check for added sugars between brands if you are health conscious.

I think my husband was the main one eating them :D but we brought goldfish, peanut butter crackers, fruit snacks, cheerios, and soft oatmeal bars. I agree with PP that a mix of packed snacks and park treats makes sense.

Reactions: ffw
My kids love goldfish crackers and similar things. We bring small plastic bowl containers with lids to store them in, to prevent crumbling.

The only park snack my kiddo likes is popcorn so we pack a few take & toss bowls (with lids) with goldfish crackers, Cheerios, Kix, Fruit Loops, etc. The cereal also came in handy when she wasn't crazy about the BOG turkey sandwich we got her for lunch.

I like the NatureValley bars (we didn't have any smash/crumble) and fruit leathers/strips (can be sticky). Crackers are good, or nuts if there are no allergies.

I second the applesauce pouches. We also like to take goldfish, animal crackers, granola cars, and fruit snacks.

We do a mix of both; probably more park snacks than brought from home. But we bring little pkgs of nuts or trail mix, peanut butter crackers and goldfish. A lot of times we find ourselves bringing most of it back home, but it's nice to have the option.

Glow sticks!!! Go to Target and get glow sticks in their dollar section. I know it's not food, but in our three trips to WDW, having glow sticks handy has saved us a ton of money on glowing souvenirs and sundown meltdowns!

Does anyone have thoughts on what snacks to pack for the park in September? Specifically, wondering:

- What doesn't melt, crumble, mash, etc. on the go? (They will be in a stroller but probably crammed in - I know some of my favorite snacks like Nature Valley bars turn into a wrapper full of crumbs if they travel even in my car for too long.)

- I know every child is different, but will little kids typically eat a packed snack or do they insist that their future happiness depends on them getting a Mickey shaped pretzel or ice cream bar? Wondering how much to pack for about five hours of parking at a time, with a meal on either end.

- I don't actually have kids (this is for my nephew) so what are some portable kid friendly snacks in general? Most of the things I know he likes fall in the melty / crumbly category.
I use one (or two) of the disposable sandwich boxes for snacks. It holds stuff like granola bars and peanut butter crackers nicely without getting smooshed. We like oatmeal cream pies. They get all warm an gooey

We buy those plastic medicine day of the week boxes. Then put different finger foods (yogurt covered raisins, goldfish, Cheerios, m&ms, etc.) in each seperate section and close the little doors. On plane trips we have used the small plastic fishing tackle boxes. That way getting to and discovering the different food becomes part of the fun. Plus, even empty, all those little compartment doors can be fun to play with in the stroller or at the restaurant while waiting for the meal.

I carry granola bars. My son likes peanut butter crackers and my daughter carries goldfish.

I really like the soft fruit candy gums you get from walmart, target etc. They come in Frozen, Marvel designs. Also honey maid crackers, cereal like fruit loops. I mix them up in snack size zip lock bags.

Pirates booty, banana bread, squeezie applesauce pouches, granola bars and I like to freeze those yogurt tubes (Chobani/Go-gurt/Stonyfield farms etc) so by the time the kids are ready to eat them they're defrosted and stay cold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter