Best Restaurants for a Solo

Two of my favorite places on property are Paradiso 37 & the Patio at House of Blues, both in DS. Both have live music in the evenings & are very relaxing with great food & great environments. Paradiso, just ask to be seated at the bar or on the patio, and HOB is first come. Great options that are solo friendly!

I have a question for you solo travelers. I have a solo trip planned in April. When you get up to get a drink refill, do you leave something on the table to indicate you're not done eating? I would hate to leave my tray or a pair of sunglasses on the table and it's gone when I return. Usually, there isn't a CM close by to let them know that I'll be back.

I have a question for you solo travelers. I have a solo trip planned in April. When you get up to get a drink refill, do you leave something on the table to indicate you're not done eating? I would hate to leave my tray or a pair of sunglasses on the table and it's gone when I return. Usually, there isn't a CM close by to let them know that I'll be back.

Hmm...you could bring a card with you on which you've written, "I'll be back!"

I am going on a solo trip next week and I am beyond excited. I got to plan a bunch of ADRs exactly where and when I wanted them. I have no problem dining solo - the only thing I think might be awkward would be solo character meals, but I'm not a huge fan of character meals even when I'm with others. If V&A had been available, I would have booked there. I always bring my eReader with me. I say go forth and enjoy!

I sure do now! About 10 years ago, I didn't and when I came back. everything was gone, including the dessert I was looking forward to. Now I make sure I leave something on my table, or I've gotten less shy over the years about just asking someone at an adjacent table "Make sure no one takes this, please. I'll be right back." I've found people are very happy to just keep an eye on things-so far none of them have taken my stuff.

Flying Fish is one of the places that has a bar you can sit at to eat... at least it used to, as I haven't been since remodel. Inside EPCOT, Spice Road is a favorite for a light mid-day nosh.

As a regular solo diner and having been a server for years, yes, please leave something on the table! If you're a book-carrying reader this is the perfect table-saving item! Personally I don't like leaving my phone or purse/wallet, but I tend to leave a jacket/sweater if possible but even a pair of reading/sunglasses, lipgloss/compact, whatever it is you carry that is replaceable, but I've never had or seen anything taken. As a server, yes solos forget/leave things behind too, but I always would give a solo diner a few extra minutes to re-appear before clearing anything.

I've carried a small hat or reading glasses, just to leave on tables at restaurants.

I dined solo at a lot of restaurants and I never felt awkward except for CRT. At a certain point I got over that feeling though and was able to enjoy myself. If you are not comfortable with dining solo I think Sci Fi is one of the best restaurants to try out if solo dining is something for you or not.

Inside the parks I love Sci Fi Dine In when I'm solo :)

Really? I read about how solos tend to get stuck in the back of a car with a group and labeled a "hitchhiker" which is really not cool IMHO.

I have no problem dining anywhere else, but that label and set-up just feels insulting to solos to me.

I am going on a solo trip next week and I am beyond excited. I got to plan a bunch of ADRs exactly where and when I wanted them. I have no problem dining solo - the only thing I think might be awkward would be solo character meals, but I'm not a huge fan of character meals even when I'm with others. If V&A had been available, I would have booked there. I always bring my eReader with me. I say go forth and enjoy!

I love the character interaction when I am solo. It always seems like the characters pay MORE attention to me (Tigger played a whole peek-a-boo game with me for most of my breakfast at 1900 one time. And the handler and/or the servers are always cool with taking pictures.

Really? I read about how solos tend to get stuck in the back of a car with a group and labeled a "hitchhiker" which is really not cool IMHO.

That did happen to me once, getting behind a group at the Sci-Fi. However, this was back when DIS members carried green Mickey Heads to identify themselves, and half way through the meal I saw it-the green mickey head-on their bags. So it ended up being a great meal, since we met.

Here are a few that I like based on location and food.
- The Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge. It's a nice place to sit outside. I had the sliders and the margarita flight, and they were all so good.
- The Halles area in the France pavilion. The jambon beurre is perhaps the best sandwich I've had. Add a dessert and a cappuccino for the full experience. It's a nice quick counter service meal, and if you go there before the World Showcase officieally opens at 11am it won't be busy.
- Katsura Grill at the Japan pavilion. It's a very pretty and relaxing location, and the food is very good.

Curious to know if you actually need reservations for TS at Disney as a solo? Obviously, it depends on the restaurant -- but I'm assuming if it has bar seating, then getting in as a walkup is probably not too difficult?

Curious to know if you actually need reservations for TS at Disney as a solo? Obviously, it depends on the restaurant -- but I'm assuming if it has bar seating, then getting in as a walkup is probably not too difficult?

If you have your heart set on a particular TS restaurant, I would go ahead and make a reservation. To be honest though, I do not know how much "walk up" the various TS restaurants can take/handle. Disney Springs may be a little different though. It may also depend on the time of day that you are trying to get into a particular TS location. If you go at a time that is out of the standard dining hours, you may have more luck. I am doing a solo trip in about 3 weeks and I have made ADRs for the TS locations I want to go to. But I had particular places I wanted to try so I made the ADR to guarantee that I would get in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter