best pizza outside of Disney

OFF-SITE PIZZA DELIVERY (until about 3:00am):
1) Giordano’s, 407-397-0044
2) Pizza Hut, 866-438-2507
3) Papa John’s, 352-243-1800
4) Flipper's Pizza, 407-938-9633 (Best in our opinion)

NOTE1:
. . . At Deluxe Resorts, FW, delivered to Front Desk or Bellmen.
. . . At other resorts, delivered usually to your room.
. . . At DVC resorts, the delivered almost always to your room.

NOTE2:
. . . WDW is so large, that there are different pizza franchisees of the same brandname that serve different hotels.
. . . Just call the pizza numbers listed, and they transfer you to the proper franchisee's number.
. . . example: AKL and FW have different Papa John franchisees serving the two resorts

WARNING - DANGER WILL ROBINSON - WARNING:
. . . you might find a pizza "flyer" under your door.
. . . do not under any circumstances call them.
. . . there have been "pizza scams" at local hotels and WDW resorts.
. . . you call, order, give your credit card number
. . . you do not get pizza, but they have your CC number - oops
. . . you find fraudulent charges on you CC later
. . . in the best-case-scenario, you get delivery of a frozen pizza.
WARNING - DANGER WILL ROBINSON - WARNING:

frozen pizza in publix is the closest you'll get to good pizza. There is a reason they have as much of the frozen food section devoted to it. Been hunting for it since I moved here, it doesn't exist... All pizza is smaller for more money down here.. Large is what nyc calls a medium.

Flippers is better than what disney has to offer (haven't tried the new one at springs yet). I find the sizes to be really small compared to what they are charging but in a pinch it'll do.

Upper Crust in celebration is passable so I agree with @DeanDoug on that one.. If your staying in one of the celebration hotels, they will deliver to them otherwise you have to pick it up / eat in.

I actually found an interesting take on pizza in davenport. Pizzano's Pizza & Grinderz. I really like thin crust and when I can't get nyc style I tend to aim for a califonia thin crust. thin crust at this place is more like getting overloaded tortilla or tacos but it's still a pizza. Might be a good choice if your staying in that area or maybe on the way back from legoland. I get it delivered and i'm near property but they take a long time so I need to plan ahead to get it anywhere near dinnertime.. The Grinderz are amazing also. It's good to the point that they would be an amazing add to springs but not sure I would go out of my way to eat there.. I get it delivered and it's worth the wait when I remember early enough to order it.

some of the other recommendations I've never tried.

@bamacmac what was the pizza place you mentioned recently in another thread that you liked.

Last edited:
Flippers is close and usually pretty good (sometimes it's hit/miss) but mellow mushroom is my favorite (especially if you don't have one by you)! Their crust is delicious- and I usually don't like crust. I also usually like deep dish but I make an exception for their pies. Yum.

frozen pizza in publix is the closest you'll get to good pizza. There is a reason they have as much of the frozen food section devoted to it. Been hunting for it since I moved here, it doesn't exist...

Accident. Come out Clearwater way and visit this place: http://www.sardospizza.com/
I'm here 20 years from NE Philly. It's the real deal. Large is large and slices so big you must fold in half. Thin crispy crust and awesome.

Use to be a place on 192 near AKL called Bruno's (not sure if it's still there) that was to be good as well.[/QUOTE]

My parents always get flippers delivered when we travel together and they babysit while my husband and I have a date night. They're big fans of it and the fact that they can get it delivered to their room.

I've never been to the Blaze at DS but I've been to two other Blazes. If you have a group comprised of people with different food restrictions Blaze is a great choice. The pizzas are all individual sized so the gluten free person can have his on gluten free crust, the vegan will have lots of veggie topping options along with vegan cheese and the lactose intolerant person will have tons of options too. They make them in a pizza oven. There's no tipping which saves money. I love Mellow Mushroom but when I'm going with a lot of opinionated people who are paying separately I choose Blaze since everyone can get what they want and it's order and pay at the counter.

Accident. Come out Clearwater way and visit this place: http://www.sardospizza.com/
I'm here 20 years from NE Philly. It's the real deal. Large is large and slices so big you must fold in half. Thin crispy crust and awesome.

Use to be a place on 192 near AKL called Bruno's (not sure if it's still there) that was to be good as well.
[/QUOTE]

DH and I will be in Tampa for a wedding in March...might have to take a ride to Clearwater for some pizza! We live in Philly part-time (Center City) and can relate to wanting good pizza while in Florida! Thanks for the tip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter