Best moderate hotel for 11 year old boy

j320

Earning My Ears
and his 6 year old brother? As all of you, we want to make the experience something they'll always remember. Because of school we can only go the week before Easter and we know it will be crowded so we'll go in late and use the magic hours. We cannot figure out which moderate hotel would offer the best for our boys.

I think CBR would be a good choice :). Our first onsite stay was at CBR and we loved it. The caribbean theme is nice and the pool is fun (and it's been redone since we stayed there in 2002). Plus you can get a pirate room which your boys would probably love :goodvibes. Our DSs were 7 & 9 when we stayed there and they still talk about that trip/resort....and they're now 16 & 18 ;).

I agree! CBR would be great for your boys. Show them some photos of the resort.

My son is 9 and we stayed at POFQ last year and he loved it! The dragon pool was definitely a plus for him. As a matter of fact, we are going again in October and he begged to stay there again.

NOFQ, we went last year in September and my 11yr old loved the Dragon pool too. We have booked for next June and are going back to NOFQ.

Have fun when you go!!!:banana:

Me:yay: DD::cool1: DS: pirate:

1977-Contemporary Resort
1979-Holiday Inn
1982-Contemporary Resort
1984-Tree Houses
1986-Cabins FWL
1989-CBC
2010-AKL Jambo House

pofq has toddler slides. I would go with csr. It has a great pool. I can't speak for cbr I have not stayed there.

We stayed at the Fort Wilderness Cabins last year in April. My 11 and 5 year old sons loved it. The main pool was renovated with a big slide, there is fishing gear available for rental, bikes to rent to ride around the grounds, canoe rentals, searacers to zip around the seven seas lagoon, Chip N Dale nightly movies where you can roast marshmellows before the movie, archery lessons for a price, playgrounds in various locations. It was camping but with a nice secluded room. It was also a 15 minute boat ride from the Marina to the entrance of the Magic Kingdom. (Bonus) Would recommend renting a golf cart if you stay, makes getting around the grounds so much easier.

Our boys always loved the slide at the Jaguar pool at the Coronado. Our oldest, now 25, went to the Caribbean in 2009 with a bunch of 13-year olds he coached in baseball, and he definitely said he preferred the pool at the CSR for that age group.

I love POFQ and think it is the best resort. However, for two young boys I would to go CBR and get a pirate-themed room. I think they would love that!!

I have an 11 yr old son and a 5 yr old daughter and they love both POFQ and CBR.
CBR- there is so much to explore at this resort and theme is wonderful. I love the big pool and its adjacent kiddie pool. The kiddie pool is just fantastic- I think 48" is the height limit but for the smaller kids it can't be beat. The arcade is nice and the food court is my son's favorite.
POFQ- nice and small and my son loves the boat ride to DTD and his fave place the lego store. The pool has a great slide that they both enjoy and there are nightly movies there now.
POFQ is our first choice mostly because of the size and themeing, and we love the boat ride to DTD but if we can't book there we will choose CBR-get a prefered room in Martinique- our favorite building is 25 (2552 has a great little courtyard seating area right outside the door). I find having the preferred location makes it feel smaller and Martinique is one of the first stops for the bus:)

Thanks so much for the replies! I'm going to be checking out these suggestions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter