Best Misinformation

Jennasis

DIS life goes on
What's the most awesome, hilarious nugget of misinformation you've ever been given by someone claiming to know how Disney is? Just this weekend I was told by my friend's DH that you can request they turn the lights on at Space Mountain at the end of the night and they'll let you ride it with the lights on. :rotfl2:

I just nodded politely.

That Magic Kingdom is actually called Magic Castle and there has never been such a thing as The Magic Kingdom.

that there are 1 or 2 places in magic kingdom that serve alcohol- of course the source cannot recall where but has been there:lmao:

That Magic Kingdom IS Disney World and that DHS, AK, and EPCOT all cost extra to visit!

1- That Magic Kingdom IS Disney World and

2- that DHS, AK, and EPCOT all cost extra to visit!

1- Not so much true (although it used to be that way.)

2- That is very true (unless you have an AP.)

The reason the parks are so clean is that Disney has incredible cutting edge technology that actually makes the ground absorb all pop corn, coke, and other trash that gets dropped somewhere other than the trashcan.

The reason the parks are so clean is that Disney has incredible cutting edge technology that actually makes the ground absorb all pop corn, coke, and other trash that gets dropped somewhere other than the trashcan.

Man, we need some of that technology at our school! ;)

So can I book my next gen FP now for December to ride Space mountain with the lights on?!! :goodvibes

Claire :)

That Magic Kingdom IS Disney World and that DHS, AK, and EPCOT all cost extra to visit!

That one is kind of true.

I had a Travel Agent tell us that the dining plan is included for every park day ticket you buy. So you coul stay 3 nights, but buy 5 days worth of tickets and have 5 days worth of meals....NOT!

A very good friend once told me that if you are staying at the GF, you can get a monorail directly to Epcot!! I told her that everyone could ride the monorail over to the TTC and then transfer to the Epcot line. Her response??? 'Oh, yes, that's true for anyone not paying to stay at the GF. But if you are staying at GF, there is a special monorail to Epcot, just for them. No need to transfer''
Really???

I was told by a friend that you can buy an all you can drink pass in Epcot to drink around the world. If that were true there'd be a lot more people passed out on the sidewalk! :rotfl2:

Well, I guess I'm also a purveyor of misinformation because I never knew I was paying extra to go to DHS, AK, and EPCOT, or that I could purchase a ticket for MK only. Maybe someone can explain that to me since I thought a MYW ticket got me into any of the four parks.

Or it could just be that it's Monday and I woke up to snow and am not quite myself today.....

Well, I guess I'm also a purveyor of misinformation because I never knew I was paying extra to go to DHS, AK, and EPCOT, or that I could purchase a ticket for MK only. Maybe someone can explain that to me since I thought a MYW ticket got me into any of the four parks.

If you buy a MYW ticket that offers only a one-day "base" entitlement,
you can only visit one park on one day.

If you want to visit more than one park, it "costs extra" in that you must buy the Park Hopper upgrade, and/or multiple days on the MYW ticket.

It does "cost extra" to visit more than one Disney park.

Or it could just be that it's Monday and I woke up to snow and am not quite myself today.....

You have to pay extra to go to any other park, whether it be a park hopper added to your ticket (for an extra cost) or for each day you add. If you get 2 days tickets, you are paying extra..whether it be that you got to MK again or to another park.

Once in that park, everything is included ride wise though. I had someone try to tell me (and I am a travel agent now) that going to Universal you have to pay extra to go to Harry Potter. I told her you have to pay "extra" to get into the park it's in (as opposed to just Universal Studios), there are two parks there, but once you enter Islands of Adventure, it's included in the cost. She still didn't understand or believe me.

If you buy a MYW ticket that offers only a one-day "base" entitlement,
you can only visit one park on one day.

If you want to visit more than one park, it "costs extra" in that you must buy the Park Hopper upgrade, and/or multiple days on the MYW ticket.

It does "cost extra" to visit more than one Disney park.

I think the poster is trying to say some people think that the MK is WDW so if you buy a "WDW ticket" you can only go to the MK and that the other three parks are a separate company like universal or sea world.

I have told people that WDW is 4 parks and they are shocked.

I think the poster is trying to say some people think that the MK is WDW so if you buy a "WDW ticket" you can only go to the MK and that the other three parks are a separate company like universal or sea world.

I have told people that WDW is 4 parks and they are shocked.

Yes, this is how I also understood it and I think that's how the OP of that 'misinformation' meant it. Thank you for clearing that up because I was pretty confused there for a second and we go to Disney all the time, sometimes without park hoppers, but I know I can still visit the other parks and not just MK (of course only one park per day if no park hoppers) LOL:)

Yes, this is how I also understood it and I think that's how the OP of that 'misinformation' meant it. Thank you for clearing that up because I was pretty confused there for a second and we go to Disney all the time, sometimes without park hoppers, but I know I can still visit the other parks and not just MK (of course only one park per day if no park hoppers) LOL:)

Yep, that's what I meant. I was speaking in terms of someone who's going to Disney World for a week long vacation and buying MYW tickets. Sorry I didn't convey that properly with my first post (thereby making myself look like an idiot....I've lived in fear of being called out by Robo since I joined the DIS six years ago, so today's a bad day for me!)

I actually had a friend who went for six days and only went to MK because she didn't want to pay extra to go to the other parks. :scared:

Yep, that's what I meant. I was speaking in terms of someone who's going to Disney World for a week long vacation and buying MYW tickets. Sorry I didn't convey that properly with my first post (thereby making myself look like an idiot....I've lived in fear of being called out by Robo since I joined the DIS six years ago, so today's a bad day for me!)

I actually had a friend who went for six days and only went to MK because she didn't want to pay extra to go to the other parks. :scared:

Under another one of these threads. You hear about people coming back from WDW and saying whats the big deal there are no rides.

They walk in and think Six Flags with rides all over the place. So they only see Dumbo and the other outside rides, spend a few hours riding those and then walk out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter