Being booted by the NBA deal , where is Disney moving you too?

Ignoring the NBA, the reason people are being booted or moved to DVC/FW for the near future is that there isn't enough demand for the resorts. Disney will open up more resorts as the demand picks up, but for the time being its highly unlikely they would have opened the YC/GF/GDT for your dates anyways. Also, based on reports people aren't being asked to pay any difference if they keep their dates, only if they book new dates. While that might be cold comfort if you had a discount at a Deluxe resort and they are trying to convince you that a rack rate DVC room at the same price is the same value, you won't have to pay more if you still want to go.
A lot of that is unknown. We had a deluxe at rack rate...And although I thought it would be a no brainer that we’d be moved to a similar room at BCV, My conversation with the cast member at reservations this morning has left me nervous. Not sure I understand why people from pop would be moved to 2 bedrooms at Saratoga at no charge but we’d be responsible for whatever they decide the difference is when we’re already paying more. As I said, hopefully he was very, very wrong. Cross your fingers for me.

A lot of that is unknown. We had a deluxe at rack rate...And although I thought it would be a no brainer that we’d be moved to a similar room at BCV, My conversation with the cast member at reservations this morning has left me nervous. Not sure I understand why people from pop would be moved to 2 bedrooms at Saratoga at no charge but we’d be responsible for whatever they decide the difference is when we’re already paying more. As I said, hopefully he was very, very wrong. Cross your fingers for me.
Did the CM give any indication when you’d hear from Disney or when you’d be able to move/change your trip?

No the ones at GF are predicted to be out quickly. Those at GDT are the ones looking to go all the way. Should those staying at GF upset any better ranking teams they will prob be asked to move to GDT, thus freeing up GF the fastest.. I think I answered your question?
My husband said the 6 teams who wouldn’t normally be in the playoffs are at the YC, including our Suns in 21st place.

oops! others said that too I just hadn’t read that far!

It will be interesting to see what happens as I see both sides of the moving vs staying argument as teams are eliminated.

Last edited:
No the ones at GF are predicted to be out quickly. Those at GDT are the ones looking to go all the way. Should those staying at GF upset any better ranking teams they will prob be asked to move to GDT, thus freeing up GF the fastest.. I think I answered your question?

This is incorrect. The GF teams are mid-ranked, and several of them *will* end up in the playoffs. The Yacht Club teams are the lowest ranked teams that made it to Orlando. Yacht will more likely clear out before GF does.

Supposed to be at CSR in a regular room, not tower starting July 11th. Seeing a lot of CSR guests prior being moved to Riviera. I don’t know anything about that hotel. I honestly don’t care where we go but I’d really like to know so we can decide and/or plan an alternate vacation. We’re going to end up scrambling last minute :(

Also, although the top ranked teams are at GDT, not all of them can go all the way. Several are from the same conference. You won't see both the Clippers and the Lakers going all the way in the Finals, for example. So while Yacht will likely clear out fastest, teams *will* be eliminated from the top tier group before the Finals.

That doesn't seem right. And honestly we hadn't received confirmation that any non DVC property would be open after July 11.

If you're being "walked" to a different property you shouldn't have to pay an increase.

This is incorrect. The GF teams are mid-ranked, and several of them *will* end up in the playoffs. The Yacht Club teams are the lowest ranked teams that made it to Orlando. Yacht will more likely clear out before GF does.
Oops sorry. I know nothing about basketball and I guess I misunderstood what other on various other threads were saying. I’m so sorry for spreading misinformation

I may have missed this but has anyone ACTUALLY been contacted by Disney and moved to a different resort? Curious about it as we are Coronado Tower for late August and early September and haven't had any contact and whenever I inquire all I get is that they don't know if we will be impacted. We have two rooms for a 10nt stay.

We’re early August in the tower and I haven’t heard anything. I did a chat on MDE this afternoon asking if they had a timeline for when I might hear something (assuming they didn’t, but doesn’t hurt to ask). The lady actually told me that GDT would be open for my stay and I wouldn’t need to change. I challenged it. She said not to believe what I read on the internet and that there was a lot of misinformation floating around. I don’t believe her.. but just shows no one knows what’s going on 😂

I may have missed this but has anyone ACTUALLY been contacted by Disney and moved to a different resort? Curious about it as we are Coronado Tower for late August and early September and haven't had any contact and whenever I inquire all I get is that they don't know if we will be impacted. We have two rooms for a 10nt stay.
They absolutely know GDT will be affected, they just haven’t bothered prioritizing the notification of guests. GDT is considered the hub and the NBA will be there longer than any other resort.

We’re early August in the tower and I haven’t heard anything. I did a chat on MDE this afternoon asking if they had a timeline for when I might hear something (assuming they didn’t, but doesn’t hurt to ask). The lady actually told me that GDT would be open for my stay and I wouldn’t need to change. I challenged it. She said not to believe what I read on the internet and that there was a lot of misinformation floating around. I don’t believe her.. but just shows no one knows what’s going on 😂

Thanks, I saw here and there people saying they have been moved but haven't gotten any confirmation when I ask if they are assuming or actually have been.

That doesn't seem right. And honestly we hadn't received confirmation that any non DVC property would be open after July 11.

If you're being "walked" to a different property you shouldn't have to pay an increase.

The thing is that what has happened so far may not happen in the same way.

If WDW doesn’t open any other hotels right away, it may be very difficult for everyone to be moved and they may decide not to offer that as a true walk.

Until we get the next round of moves, I don’t think anyone can count on it, My speculation is that with NBA, moves will go to deluxe first, and then a plan for the rest will happen.

Hopefully we will know tomorrow as Thursday has been the typical day for cancels and the past two weeks for people who were staying June 22nd to July 11th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter