Being booted by the NBA deal , where is Disney moving you too?

I’m so sorry. Have they told you directly already that you are being moved? I would be very disappointed too.

Have a tripped booked at YC from 8/7-8/10 very curious where we wind up. My guess is boardwalk or Riveria but who knows really. I agree this is not being handled very well.

Well, if there is one thing I’ve learned from Disney during this period, it’s that nothing is happening until it happens- KWIM? Maybe they will figure out a way not to kick out cash guests? I do appreciate how stressful this is. We have multiple club level reservations and they have not told us what’s happening with those either.

ARGH!!! I am booked at GFV from Aug 26-30th - they better not close the Villas part!!

and I guess the GFV pool will be the only one open? What about the QS place? That's over in the resort not the Villas..

I'm gonna be TICKED if we get moved....:headache::headache:

Sorry you’re getting booted from Yacht! One of our very favorite resorts. We’re getting booted from GDT. We had a CL tower suite for our anniversary 😔 I haven’t seen consistent moves from Yacht. But most GDT moves I’ve seen so far have been to Riviera. Really curious to see how this all shakes out.

Sorry you’re getting booted from Yacht! One of our very favorite resorts. We’re getting booted from GDT. We had a CL tower suite for our anniversary 😔 I haven’t seen consistent moves from Yacht. But most GDT moves I’ve seen so far have been to Riviera. Really curious to see how this all shakes out.
I have seen two both were to BCV . With no feature pool . BUT you can use BW . 🙄

ARGH!!! I am booked at GFV from Aug 26-30th - they better not close the Villas part!!

and I guess the GFV pool will be the only one open? What about the QS place? That's over in the resort not the Villas..

There is no designated GFV pool. The two pools at the Grand Floridian are for use by the Hotel Guests and the Villa guests.

I am going to be so disappointed, moved my reservations twice. I have no desire to stay in a little studio at the BCV without a pool and a nasty sofa bed. I was at the Yacht club July 20-24. I can't believe Disney doesn't even have the decency to let people know about their resorts, when we have plane tickets etc. Obviously they knew!

They can not legally closed the VGF. It would violate the contract. So stays are safe,

However, they certainly can limit access to the main building...though I don’t think they will.

I believe the courtyard pool isn’t opening so I bet that is the one being used by them.

I am going to be so disappointed, moved my reservations twice. I have no desire to stay in a little studio at the BCV without a pool and a nasty sofa bed. I was at the Yacht club July 20-24. I can't believe Disney doesn't even have the decency to let people know about their resorts, when we have plane tickets etc. Obviously they knew!

It is possible they were prohibited from saying and why we saw only trips through July 11th being dealt with.

It is frustrating for those with July trips though. I am thinking now this is out, they will be releasing stuff tomorrow.

It is possible they were prohibited from saying and why we saw only trips through July 11th being dealt with.

It is frustrating for those with July trips though. I am thinking now this is out, they will be releasing stuff tomorrow.
I believe before I was very forgiving over lack of communication and such due to Covid. This is different. They are taking guests out of planned vacations for a sport. This will leave a lot of sour tastes in guest mouths over losing YC , GF and GDT.

They can not legally closed the VGF. It would violate the contract. So stays are safe,

However, they certainly can limit access to the main building...though I don’t think they will.

I believe the courtyard pool isn’t opening so I bet that is the one being used by them.
oh thank the lawd.....:sad2:

I did NOT need any more Disney drama with this trip... :faint:

oh thank the lawd.....:sad2:

I did NOT need any more Disney drama with this trip... :faint:

They absolutely will restrict access to the main building. Part of the NBA contract is that Disney and the NBA will have a very, very tight "bubble" due to Covid. There will be no one allowed in the bubble except for Disney cast members, NBA players and select families, and NBA staff.

The bubble is the highest priority, so much so that the NBA is setting up a hotline for NBA players and staff to report other players and staff who violate the bubble. If the NBA deal for a resort includes the lobby, no one else will be allowed in there.

I hope we hear something useful in the morning. Disappointing that all this came out tonight with no official comments from Disney. They had to know it was public, it's on ESPN. I understand COVID = a lot of unknown, but it's getting really frustrating to never have any idea what is going on.

They absolutely will restrict access to the main building. Part of the NBA contract is that Disney and the NBA will have a very, very tight "bubble" due to Covid. There will be no one allowed in the bubble except for Disney cast members, NBA players and select families, and NBA staff.

The bubble is the highest priority, so much so that the NBA is setting up a hotline for NBA players and staff to report other players and staff who violate the bubble. If the NBA deal for a resort includes the lobby, no one else will be allowed in there.
I don’t know about the “bubble” anymore. This Keith Smith NBA guy has been tweeting and one said: “Per a Walt Disney World source: "We're looking forward to developing private experiences for NBA personnel. These could include backstage tours of our parks and attractions. We're going to make sure NBA personnel are entertained while they are our guests." I thought none of them could step foot in the parks. This is all really frustrating.

I don’t know about the “bubble” anymore. This Keith Smith NBA guy has been tweeting and one said: “Per a Walt Disney World source: "We're looking forward to developing private experiences for NBA personnel. These could include backstage tours of our parks and attractions. We're going to make sure NBA personnel are entertained while they are our guests." I thought none of them could step foot in the parks. This is all really frustrating.
All tours will be private and after hours or before hours. The NBA is hardcore strict on the bubble, as is the NBA Players Association.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter