• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beach Club Alligator

Gizmo1951

DIS Veteran
We just returned from our Trip & while at Beach Club saw an alligator for the first time
I was able to get a few pictures.

100_0299.jpg
[/IMG]

100_0306.jpg

We also came across this turtle at the DTD Bus Stop

100_0488.jpg

:scared1::eek::scared1::eek:
I find that turtle infinitely more horrifying than the alligator...look at those freaky little paw fingers it has :scared: and that pointy nose! I am going to have nightmare over that creature.

I am surprised at how big that alligator actually is....he is huge:scared: I always figured he would be a little guy since I always heard they catch them after they get so big.

:scared1::scared1:YIKES!!!!!!!!! That gator looks pretty big! I wouldn't want to run into him when I'm out on my early morning walks; that is my biggest fear when I'm out walking around the lakes at WDW:scared1:
Laurie

:scared1::eek::scared1::eek:
I find that turtle infinitely more horrifying than the alligator...look at those freaky little paw fingers it has :scared: and that pointy nose! I am going to have nightmare over that creature.

You may want to stay away from DTD then!! I saw 2 of these same turtles swimming in the lake about 4 days ago. I agree, I thought their pointy noses were odd, maybe they escaped from T-Rex and they are prehistoric! :rotfl:

The gators are allowed to stay until they are about 4ft long.

We saw one in Lago Dorado at CSR. He looked pretty similar to the one in the photo here.

I've seen a few too many creatures down there.

OMG, whichbody of water was the gator in "at the beach club"?:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

We were on the bridge by the DVC units when we saw the Alligator. If you looked ahead instead of at the water you can see the outside guest drop off area. Several people were feeding him which is why he is staying around.

One of the staff said they would be moving him soon.

The gators are allowed to stay until they are about 4ft long.

We saw one in Lago Dorado at CSR. He looked pretty similar to the one in the photo here.

I've seen a few too many creatures down there.

He was over 5 feet long, On the boat to Hoop De Do there is a 10 foot one that has been seen alot the last week or so

Maybe from all the rain :rotfl2:

We were on the bridge by the DVC units when we saw the Alligator. If you looked ahead instead of at the water you can see the outside guest drop off area. Several people were feeding him which is why he is staying around.

One of the staff said they would be moving him soon.

Geniuses! Just what a person should do...encourage one of those things to hang around and associate people with food! :scared1:

Just goes to show

Stay out of the dammed lakes!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

While we were down there John and I tried to have a t-shirt made in DTD that said that, but they would not allow us to put dammed on a t-shirt.

We have both turtles and gators in the lakes where we live...I walk all over our resorts grounds and if I see a big gator (and I have) then I call the Florida Fish and Wildlife...they send a trapper to come and get it...we have kids in our developement and we dont want them to get eaten! If it is 3 ft or longer they will destroy it but smaller than that they release them in the Everglades.

Just goes to show

Stay out of the dammed lakes!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

While we were down there John and I tried to have a t-shirt made in DTD that said that, but they would not allow us to put dammed on a t-shirt.

I wasn't planning on getting into the lakes, *but* I don't think a t-shirt will convince that thing not to get out!!!

I wasn't planning on getting into the lakes, *but* I don't think a t-shirt will convince that thing not to get out!!!

I think your right, but I thought it would be fun to have Pete's saying on a t-shirt. Oh well!
Instead I got a t-shirt that I can wear to the MK that says,
What time is the 3:00 parade?
The CM's that have seen it just laugh..:rotfl2::rotfl2:

We were there too (May 4-16) and he became the morning attraction. Everyone was always watching for him. He was at least 6 ft. I think we all took pictures of him. He seems to live under the bridge. The turtles are always huge in WDW whether they are the ones at the BCV area or over in the pond at Pop Century.

This may be a dumb question, but I've always wondered how (if at all) Disney limits alligator access to beach areas. I understand this alligator was seen in waterway by the villas and the parking lot. What is to keep it from swimming down into Crescent Lake and up to the beach and swimming area?

I think your right, but I thought it would be fun to have Pete's saying on a t-shirt. Oh well!
Instead I got a t-shirt that I can wear to the MK that says,
What time is the 3:00 parade?
The CM's that have seen it just laugh..:rotfl2::rotfl2:

That's a good one....sad, but good! The CM's probably have to answer that question many times each day. :lmao: In my house, we joke about how "they get a jury summons!" when we see someone do or say something like that.:lmao:

It looked like they were throwing bread in the water.
Most of the time the turtles got to the bread first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter