Beach Club Alligator

This may be a dumb question, but I've always wondered how (if at all) Disney limits alligator access to beach areas. I understand this alligator was seen in waterway by the villas and the parking lot. What is to keep it from swimming down into Crescent Lake and up to the beach and swimming area?

I don't think there's anything preventing that really - that's why they remove the big ones!

People feeding wild animals....BAD
People feeding wild animals BREAD, even WORSE!

Will people never learn that it may cause that animal its LIFE, they get no nutrition AND they are encouraging BAD behavior, namely coming on land to get "closer"
to the food source.....same thing with the ducks...Just awful!!! (READ the signs PLEASE!! do NOT feed~!!)

And I just convinced everyone to rent those silly boats and water ski this year????
WHAT was I thinking...I may be RE-THINKING that this year.......:lmao:

We live near a lake but, we have NEVER seen anything like that turtle:scared1:!! But that's why they say STAY OUT of the lakes. But you still sometimes see people go into the lakes! (But great pics though!)

We saw this alligator too during our May vacation at the Beach Club Villas. He/she is located in the canal by the villa quiet pool. He is quite large and we saw it every single day, as well as several large turtles. On our last day there, people were feeding it pancakes. No wonder he hangs around!

I have only ever seen those turtles in Epcot in their lakes he does have a funny nose lol

We just stayed at the Beach Club a couple weeks ago- no gators or turtles that we saw. Last year though we stayed at CBR and there was a small gator, probably 3 ft or so, hanging out by Old Port Royale. The lifeguards were all watching it when we were, and they said they named him Richard. So every day we went and visited Richard before we left for a park. The morning we left though, he was gone. This trip though my kids were looking forward to seeing another ' Richard ' but we didn't.

Once they reach about 4 feet in length, they remove them from the property.

We saw this alligator too during our May vacation at the Beach Club Villas. He/she is located in the canal by the villa quiet pool. He is quite large and we saw it every single day, as well as several large turtles. On our last day there, people were feeding it pancakes. No wonder he hangs around!

Do alligators even LIKE pancakes?! :laughing:

Do alligators even LIKE pancakes?! :laughing:

Actually, they prefer French Toast but will settle for pancakes.:rotfl:

But seriously....it was fun to watch him eat them. They would sort of float on top of the water and he would slowly swim over near them and then WHOMP....that big mouth would open....and GONE went the pancakes:scared1:!

That turtle is a soft shell turtle. They are rubbery feeling. They have really long necks so they don't have to go all the way up to the surface to breathe air.

That alligator is not that big. They get a lot bigger. We see a lot of alligators and turtles here in Louisiana.

They are Florida Soft-shell turtles. I saw them for the first time at the Hilton Hotel's pond at DTD. They're not going to harm anyone and should be left alone. I admit they're funny looking. I'm more of a tortoise person myself.

Unfortunately, this old thread has new meaning. This Beach Club gator was still living under that bridge recently, like an unofficial mascot. Coronado Springs has had one, too. They all need to be rounded up.

Unfortunately, this old thread has new meaning. This Beach Club gator was still living under that bridge recently, like an unofficial mascot. Coronado Springs has had one, too. They all need to be rounded up.

Why? There is no way to keep them out. Remove one and another will take its place.

We saw it twice on our trip in March and both times idiots were feeding it. I think we have seen it all 9 times we have stayed there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter