Be our guest lunch was just bad

Wendydagny

Mouseketeer
We are lunch here on Tuesday 9/8 and it was a terrible experience. We checked in and paid for our pre-ordered meal just fine. Then the problems started. The lunch was clearly overbooked as there were many families searching for a place to sit. This made it extremely difficult for us, since my dd has a fairly large wheelchair that can't block any of the aisles, but can't fit into the center areas. In the past we've asked for assistance in finding a table (since we needed access to an outlet for her medical equipment) and were helped happily. On this visit, the two CM's basically refused and said go find your own seat.

After wandering for 15+ min, a table opened up that she fit at. We settled in and noticed the smell. It was almost 100 degrees outside, and there were literally 20+ trash carts wandering through the restaurant clearing old food. The stench was just overpowering in the heat. By the time my food arrived I was so nauseous I could barely eat.

My son had the potato leek soup and kids turkey sandwich, which he enjoyed. I had the croque Monsieur, which was not enjoyable at all. The ham felt very low quality, the sandwich was cold and slimy, and the toasted bread was soggy. I have had this meal in the past and enjoyed it. Cupcakes were just ok-- the flavoring on the lemon meringue especially tasted chemically. :(

I don't think we'll be back any time soon. Our first time lunch at Tony's (had pizza, zucchini, and creme brulee) which I was very nervous about was actually very good. Just goes to show that you can't always judge a restaurant by what you read on the internet. Especially since I'm sure someone else had the opposite experience on the same day. ;)

I must say, we were highly disappointed with lunch at BOG last November. This place is so hyped so of course you go in with high expectations. The food was nothing special- although I am kicking myself for not ordering the braised pork dish that looked delicious. We pre-ordered and the CM in the room right before you seat yourself completely wiped my order from the system and I did not get my food until the rest of our party was finished eating theirs and after the manager came over. They were very apologetic and gave me an anytime 1 use FP for all of us. They were very nice and made up for the mistake, but I won't bother with lunch there or the overpriced breakfast either. Dinner is the way to go for us- it is a completely different experience and I am not surprised by that since it is TS and not QS. We are looking forward to our dinner there in November before our mvmcp!

Glad to know I'm not the only one. We tried the lunch in June, and the service was great, the food was terrible.

So I thought I would try the breakfast two weeks ago. We waited 20 minutes to order. The order was with a person, not automated like before. When we were finished ordering, we could not get a table. The tables were all full, or needed to be cleared. I finally found a table and a CM with a headset and asked if someone would be clearing the table soon. She said they would be there. I waited as 3 people with carts came out, and rolled on by to other rooms. I asked again, and was told they would be there. Finally I grabbed a person and said could you please clean this table. They were less than kind, but did clear it off enough that we could sit.

After we finally were seated, It took another 15 minutes for the food to arrive. Not sure why, since I had been standing in the same spot for over 20 minutes. The breakfast food was good, much better than the lunch offering.

On a side note, I sat in the beast room both times, and the second time the flash photography was disruptive, and out of control. We had people standing over our table every few minutes taking pictures, and using flash. We had a member of our group that suffers from migraines, and the constant bright flashes were painful for him. If you choose this room, be ware of flash photography, and if flashes in dark places are a problem, choose another room.

We went for dinner last fall and were underwhelmed too. We sat in the main room back by the windows so the snow falling was nice, the atmosphere was great. But the food was just ok. Honestly, everyone in our group of 8 agreed that our food at planet Hollywood was better, and people usually bash that place. It was great to do.....once. The menu for lunch and dinner doesn't even look appealing. My DD and her BF wanted to go since he's never been to Disney and while looking online it was his only request- so I booked just the 2 of them an ADR for dinner in November, my kids voted to go to CP instead.

On a side note, I sat in the beast room both times, and the second time the flash photography was disruptive, and out of control. We had people standing over our table every few minutes taking pictures, and using flash. We had a member of our group that suffers from migraines, and the constant bright flashes were painful for him. If you choose this room, be ware of flash photography, and if flashes in dark places are a problem, choose another room.
When we were there, we were watching as people kept filing in that room snapping pictures and I told DH that must be very annoying for people sitting in there trying to eat. I felt bad just walking in there so we stood in the doorway.

I think BOG will l eventually turn out to be like Cinderella's RT you go once for the experience of eating in beasts castle.
I had breakfast there and it too was underwhelming

I never expect the food inside the parks to blow me away. We had lunch at BOG twice and the 2nd time was much better as we figured out what to order. We ate in the beast room both times but not near the rose so the photography didn't bother me too much. It is kind of funny though because I'm sure the pictures don't turn out very well with the flash. That room is hard to get good pics in.

I never expect the food inside the parks to blow me away. We had lunch at BOG twice and the 2nd time was much better as we figured out what to order. We ate in the beast room both times but not near the rose so the photography didn't bother me too much. It is kind of funny though because I'm sure the pictures don't turn out very well with the flash. That room is hard to get good pics in.
We are going for the first time in 2 weeks. What did you figure out to order (or NOT order)? Looking for suggestions for a decent lunch.

We were there on Tuesday and felt the same way. We could not find a seat anywhere, and when we saw one being cleaned, I politely asked if we may have it. To which I received a nasty no it is not cleaned and a dirty look, then I got you can stand here and wait for it to be cleaned. Alrighty then, so after a good 10 minutes of looking for a seat, we were waiting for one to be cleaned. Our food took another 15 minutes to come out and we were not impressed. The fries were very salty and luke warm, the turkey sandwich was so bland and the ham was okay to good. The theming was nice, but I was not overly impressed.

We are going for the first time in 2 weeks. What did you figure out to order (or NOT order)? Looking for suggestions for a decent lunch.

I had lunch there for the first time 2 weeks ago and thought the Braised Pork (Coq Au Vin Style) was good. It is what I'd order again. For me, finding a table was not the easiest either. There were quite a few waiting to be cleared. I finally found a table for 4 and took it when it was just myself because any smaller were filled or had dirty plates on them and I had checked out all the rooms and was about to head out for my second round. It's a bit of a strange set up IMO.

Wow sorry to hear that , we ate lunch there on 9/3/15 and really enjoyed it. It was busy but we found a table in the Rose room and our food was very good. I had the turkey sandwich and DD had the Croque Monsiur, our sandwich's tasted great, fries were good as well. The one negative I noticed was the place was dirty, the bathroom had no Disney Magic at all, they do not have enough help for bussing and bathroom cleaning.

This review does not surprise. What does surprise me, is if someone truly thinks any food at a sit down/counter equivalent is truly excellent and above chain food quality. The trash carts and nasty attitudes are never a good thing. The bad food...for us...to be expected. We lower our expectations unless we are at one of the fine restaurants. I just don't see how it can be anything good when tens of thousands of people are streaming through 365 days a year.

The things to look at in BOG are truly amazing and beautiful. I think when folks get excited about that, they think the food is high quality too. This is why I always order a child's plate to eat. Small amount of food, small amount of money. But excellent surroundings! :flower1:

BOG has never impressed me, I am not one to go "find my own seat", lol. I am on the DXDP for 14 nights and I am going to enjoy my sit down meals, period, I am not preordering from home, paleeeze!

Oh I'm glad (sort of) to see this from others!! The scowl on my face when we left BOG had to have been one for the record books!! What a miserable experience! It took us over an hour and a half for LUNCH!! Between the messed up orders, cold food, rudeness from other guests and CM's who clearly didn't want us to be their guests....in the 90+ minutes we were there:
- I was chastised for ordering a kid's meal (we were on the DDP and it shouldn't have mattered anyways...if anything, they save the money! It's a grilled cheese sandwich!)
- My cousin was sworn at by an adult male guest for beating him to a clean table. This probably wouldn't have happened if some tables had been cleared but instead, several CMs stood around gossiping by the beverage bar...
- I was sworn at by a woman because I took the last straw (I guess it was her last straw ;) ) Again, no CMs refilling anything. There was also no silverware available besides a few dirty knives. When I asked one of the 3 CMs standing there I was given a dirty look and told to go to another room to find them. There were none there either and we had to ask the server.
- The floor in the ballroom (not where we sat but I walked through on the silverware hunt) was wet from a spill and I almost fell! Several other guests were slipping too...no one cared obviously. There was no one around to clean it up or even put up a "wet floor" sign.
- My 4 year old niece's meal never showed up! Then the CM just said "sorry" and walked off! Um no, I don't think so! It took 3 CMs before we got it resolved (refunded) and we had long since finished our meals (she just ate from our meals and was fine). Our food that did arrive wasn't great and was cold. However, the server was the nicest person we encountered in the place!
- The poor young honeymooners next to us had been sitting there for 40 minutes and hadn't seen their food yet...I wanted to complain on their behalf.
- After I ate my (cold) meal, I went to wander around and see the other rooms (they were all very pretty!) 2 CMs I had asked for things gave me dirty looks as I walked by (I wanted to ask them if they were secretly Gaston's henchmen but I figured the humour in it would be lost on them...) As I was about to leave and join the rest of my party outside the restaurant I realized I had left a bag under the table! When I went back to get it, the man about to sit down swore at me (said I was "f****** ruthless and to find another f****** table!"), I just said I had left something and told him to enjoy his meal and have a great day...wow!

It certainly wasn't a magical meal but the setting was pretty and the cupcakes were good...It's hard to say if I would return or not. For me, it didn't live up to the hype. I hope they change it up and make it a flat out TS place and get rid of the QS elements

Yikes, we are going their on Nov. 19th for lunch. Thanks for the information. I will order the braised pork. It sounds like it is poorly managed, at best.

OP, your daughter is beautiful! What a smile:) I hope you all had a wonderful time after that fiasco.

We have eaten there twice.
My DW loves the pork dish my go to dishes are the seared tuna salad and the onion soup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter