Be our guest lunch was just bad

I am on the fence about this lunch. I canceled our dinner, because the time wasn't good for us. I really want to try it out for myself, but don't want to waste a meal!

I think the reviews are 1/2 positive, and 1/2 negative, so you need to try it for yourself :D We went for lunch last week and enjoyed it. We had pre-ordered and had no wait. Did have to walk through all the rooms to get a table for 5, ended up finding one in the last room checked, the music box room. No issues with silverware or anything. Took about 10 mins to get food, it was all correct. DH really enjoyed his tuna nicoise. I had the turkey sandwich, which was your average sandwich. Enough food for me, actually only ate 1/2 the sandwich, I thought it was big. And shared the fries. Thought the cupcakes were good. Everyone liked their meals, except DS who had ordered the croque monsieur, though i'm not sure why since he doesn't like ham o_O. Kids loved the self service drinks. There's more than just soda - mine kids had iced tea, hot chocolate and OJ. One of the nicer qs meals, that's for sure. Though I never have high expections on theme park food...

I keep seeing the criticism that it is a very pretty cafeteria. That pretty much sums most of the quick service at WDW? Cosmic Rays is a cafeteria with an animatronic alien, Pecos Bills is a cafeteria with wooden chairs, Pizza Planet is a cafeteria with arcade games and so on.

We ate here in June and absolutely loved it. Had the croque monsieur and the roast beef sandwich and both were outstanding.

We ate here on Wednesday of last week and I was less than impressed. Both had the croque monsieur this time. Fries and sandwich were both warm but not hot, definitely tasted like they had been sat out/under a heat lamp or something for a while. The sandwich just had an off taste to it this time, maybe it was the temperature. I really enjoyed the french onion soup. I think we'll hold off on going back every single trip, but even my fiance (who raved about the dang croque monsieur in the 5 months between our trips) said he wasn't impressed.

I thought the Rose Gallery was the one with the music box of Belle and Beast dancing? Maybe I'm confused. That's the room I want to try to sit in though.

Nope, you are not confused, I am mistaken. I was thinking the "rose" was referring to the enchanted rose. Sorry for the misinformation!

I did however, run across several sources that say the Rose Gallery is only open for lunch. Not sure if that's still true though.

Nope, you are not confused, I am mistaken. I was thinking the "rose" was referring to the enchanted rose. Sorry for the misinformation!

I did however, run across several sources that say the Rose Gallery is only open for lunch. Not sure if that's still true though.
Yeah, that is confusing with the enchanted rose being in one room and the other room being called the Rose Gallery. They should call it the Music Box Room. In any case, that's the room I want to eat in.

Just switched my lunch adr to LTT. Not only the food but hunting for a table , etc has scared me off

Just switched my lunch adr to LTT. Not only the food but hunting for a table , etc has scared me off

Too bad you got scarred off - have you ever read the terrible reviews for LTT??????? :eek:

Sorry, just kidding, :-) even though I know such reviews are out there!! If you search, you will see that 'every' restaurant there (as well as most places) has terrible reviews, as well as great ones - can't please everyone all the time!

We have eaten lunch on several trips at BOG and have not had a bad meal yet - have ressies again for Feb. '16. The braised pork and onion soup is very good - our favorite! Also, have never experienced a rude CM, wait person or not.

You should always experience restaurants for yourself.

I must say, we were highly disappointed with lunch at BOG last November. This place is so hyped so of course you go in with high expectations. The food was nothing special- although I am kicking myself for not ordering the braised pork dish that looked delicious. We pre-ordered and the CM in the room right before you seat yourself completely wiped my order from the system and I did not get my food until the rest of our party was finished eating theirs and after the manager came over. They were very apologetic and gave me an anytime 1 use FP for all of us. They were very nice and made up for the mistake, but I won't bother with lunch there or the overpriced breakfast either. Dinner is the way to go for us- it is a completely different experience and I am not surprised by that since it is TS and not QS. We are looking forward to our dinner there in November before our mvmcp!
The braised pork was really good

Too bad you got scarred off - have you ever read the terrible reviews for LTT??????? :eek:

Sorry, just kidding, :-) even though I know such reviews are out there!! If you search, you will see that 'every' restaurant there (as well as most places) has terrible reviews, as well as great ones - can't please everyone all the time!

We have eaten lunch on several trips at BOG and have not had a bad meal yet - have ressies again for Feb. '16. The braised pork and onion soup is very good - our favorite! Also, have never experienced a rude CM, wait person or not.

I always say experience it for yourself because you never know, it could become your favorite meal! We went to BOG for dinner last week and boy did dinner really make up for our bad lunch experience! It was fantastic!!! I think it will be dinner from now on though. But I always read horrible reviews on Garden Grill, but we went last year and loved it! Had dinner there again last week and it was even better!! So I agree, go and experience things for yourself.

True , you are right , there are good and bad reviews for all restaurants. I am going solo this trip and only 2 full park days. I keep changing my lunch adr that day. Who knows I may be back to BOG by the time I go in March !

Well we can say we experienced BOG now and doubt we would do lunch again. We were there on Monday, Nov. 16th. We had a fairly long wait to order but nothing like those after us did. We had no trouble finding a seat in the Rose Gallery. Our food was delivered in 10 minutes and was correct - so far so good. The kids choices were not very good but both decided the carved turkey was their best option. The sandwich was pitiful. It didn't even equal half a sandwich and both hated the taste. They also did not like the peach applesauce. My wife had the roast beef and felt it not even as good as Arby's. I was the only lucky one as I ordered the braised pork and I really liked it.

Overall the family was not happy with the food, the high prices, and thought the decor was overrated. We ended up cancelling our breakfast ADR later in the week by family vote.

Agree about trying for yourself before discounting it. We ate here for lunch in March and it was one of the best meals of our trip. We did have an early ADR (11:00), they did lose our pre-order,but it was no big deal. We waited about two minutes, ordered, found a table in the West Wing, and our food arrived before we even settled in. Has roast beef sandwich and turkey sandwich. Both were awesome. Booked another ADR for our April trip.

We are lunch here on Tuesday 9/8 and it was a terrible experience. We checked in and paid for our pre-ordered meal just fine. Then the problems started. The lunch was clearly overbooked as there were many families searching for a place to sit. This made it extremely difficult for us, since my dd has a fairly large wheelchair that can't block any of the aisles, but can't fit into the center areas. In the past we've asked for assistance in finding a table (since we needed access to an outlet for her medical equipment) and were helped happily. On this visit, the two CM's basically refused and said go find your own seat.

After wandering for 15+ min, a table opened up that she fit at. We settled in and noticed the smell. It was almost 100 degrees outside, and there were literally 20+ trash carts wandering through the restaurant clearing old food. The stench was just overpowering in the heat. By the time my food arrived I was so nauseous I could barely eat.

My son had the potato leek soup and kids turkey sandwich, which he enjoyed. I had the croque Monsieur, which was not enjoyable at all. The ham felt very low quality, the sandwich was cold and slimy, and the toasted bread was soggy. I have had this meal in the past and enjoyed it. Cupcakes were just ok-- the flavoring on the lemon meringue especially tasted chemically. :(

I don't think we'll be back any time soon. Our first time lunch at Tony's (had pizza, zucchini, and creme brulee) which I was very nervous about was actually very good. Just goes to show that you can't always judge a restaurant by what you read on the internet. Especially since I'm sure someone else had the opposite experience on the same day. ;)

I've found it useful to carry a tiny notebook to take names, so that I can say, "Excuse me, let me jot down your name so that I know exactly which Cast Member could not help a guest in a wheelchair find a place to sit, and could you tell me the name of the manager too?"

Well we can say we experienced BOG now and doubt we would do lunch again. We were there on Monday, Nov. 16th. We had a fairly long wait to order but nothing like those after us did. We had no trouble finding a seat in the Rose Gallery. Our food was delivered in 10 minutes and was correct - so far so good. The kids choices were not very good but both decided the carved turkey was their best option. The sandwich was pitiful. It didn't even equal half a sandwich and both hated the taste. They also did not like the peach applesauce. My wife had the roast beef and felt it not even as good as Arby's. I was the only lucky one as I ordered the braised pork and I really liked it.

Overall the family was not happy with the food, the high prices, and thought the decor was overrated. We ended up cancelling our breakfast ADR later in the week by family vote.

The pork is delicious, but the sandwiches are so-so at best.

Oh I'm glad (sort of) to see this from others!! The scowl on my face when we left BOG had to have been one for the record books!! What a miserable experience! It took us over an hour and a half for LUNCH!! Between the messed up orders, cold food, rudeness from other guests and CM's who clearly didn't want us to be their guests....in the 90+ minutes we were there:
- I was chastised for ordering a kid's meal (we were on the DDP and it shouldn't have mattered anyways...if anything, they save the money! It's a grilled cheese sandwich!)
- My cousin was sworn at by an adult male guest for beating him to a clean table. This probably wouldn't have happened if some tables had been cleared but instead, several CMs stood around gossiping by the beverage bar...
- I was sworn at by a woman because I took the last straw (I guess it was her last straw ;) ) Again, no CMs refilling anything. There was also no silverware available besides a few dirty knives. When I asked one of the 3 CMs standing there I was given a dirty look and told to go to another room to find them. There were none there either and we had to ask the server.
- The floor in the ballroom (not where we sat but I walked through on the silverware hunt) was wet from a spill and I almost fell! Several other guests were slipping too...no one cared obviously. There was no one around to clean it up or even put up a "wet floor" sign.
- My 4 year old niece's meal never showed up! Then the CM just said "sorry" and walked off! Um no, I don't think so! It took 3 CMs before we got it resolved (refunded) and we had long since finished our meals (she just ate from our meals and was fine). Our food that did arrive wasn't great and was cold. However, the server was the nicest person we encountered in the place!
- The poor young honeymooners next to us had been sitting there for 40 minutes and hadn't seen their food yet...I wanted to complain on their behalf.
- After I ate my (cold) meal, I went to wander around and see the other rooms (they were all very pretty!) 2 CMs I had asked for things gave me dirty looks as I walked by (I wanted to ask them if they were secretly Gaston's henchmen but I figured the humour in it would be lost on them...) As I was about to leave and join the rest of my party outside the restaurant I realized I had left a bag under the table! When I went back to get it, the man about to sit down swore at me (said I was "f****** ruthless and to find another f****** table!"), I just said I had left something and told him to enjoy his meal and have a great day...wow!

It certainly wasn't a magical meal but the setting was pretty and the cupcakes were good...It's hard to say if I would return or not. For me, it didn't live up to the hype. I hope they change it up and make it a flat out TS place and get rid of the QS elements

So sorry you had this experience -- I think I must agree that a TS experience might be smartest for BOG.

We had a great experience too. We ordered in advance, found a table right away, had hot food delivered that was really good (croque monsieur and roast beef). We sat in the library area (music box?) and it was nice and quiet and calm in there. We went in Feb, so take that with a grain of salt.

My only criticism was that when I approached a CM about a side of mayonnaise she looked at me like I was asking for her first born. She seemed bothered by the request. I mean, I didn't think anything of it really. Someone who wasn't enjoying their job that day. No big deal. The rest of the staff was great.

I think when it's busy at WDW, you're going to see it in various ways. Whether it's not possible to be properly staffed for peak season I'm not sure...but our experience at WDW in Feb vs. August was immensely different. Clean, everyone was friendly, food was good, service was awesome.

I have a reservation here for our first day for lunch. It is at 11:05. We also have a dinner here reserved at the end of our trip and figured if the lunch is bad we will cancel the reservation for dinner. We figured we would rather have the reservation and cancel then not have it and regret it.

I have a reservation here for our first day for lunch. It is at 11:05. We also have a dinner here reserved at the end of our trip and figured if the lunch is bad we will cancel the reservation for dinner. We figured we would rather have the reservation and cancel then not have it and regret it.
I think Lunch and Dinner are very different experiences. So if your "bad" lunch is due to bad service or cold food, that is not an issue at dinner since you have a real server and your food is made to order.

Looks like most of these bad reviews are from Last year. We are going in Nov and have adr for lunch at BOG. Is it still a pain to find a table? I'm considering canceling it and going to a different quick service meal.

I went in May with 5 friends and it definitely had mixed reviews. 2 of us had the pork and that got the best reviews. It seemed to take forever to order, and then the CMs who delivered our food seemed confused. We were brought incorrect dishes.

I enjoyed the food, but not the experience, some of my friends enjoyed neither food nor the atmosphere, it was noisy in the main dining room.

Bobbi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter