BCV - Dunes Cove Pool Bird Watching

PCFriar80

DIS Veteran
Took a picture of this guy on our last visit to BCV and some pool time. Anyone know what species of hawk this is? I assume it's a hawk.....

P1010270_zpsy6kpwmwm.jpg
[/URL]

Looks like an Osprey (known as a fish hawk too). There is also a Bald Eagle that lives in the area. We saw him flying over the Boardwalk and perched on top of the Swan.

Looks like an Osprey (known as a fish hawk too). There is also a Bald Eagle that lives in the area. We saw him flying over the Boardwalk and perched on top of the Swan.

Thanks! Yep, that looks like an Osprey. I got a picture, albeit far away of the eagle on the Swan a few trips back!
P1010093_zpsbp1kwuuy.jpg
[/URL]

That's where he was perched when we saw him. My husband is a total bird nerd! We were sitting at the pool at boardwalk when he spotted it up there. He went absolutely insane. When we got to see it flying I thought my husband's head was going to explode! One of the lifeguards at the boardwalk told us one day the bald eagle flew down and perched on top of one of the towel return bins for the afternoon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter