BBB age limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it weird for an adult wanting to do BBB?
Really? You are at DISNEY WORLD. EVERYONE is a kid at heart at Disney World.
So I guess I'm wrong in thinking Disney World is a place for the young and old as well as the young at heart. I see adults enjoying every ride, watching every parade and smile with joy during Wishes. According to some of the opinions expressed on this thread, all those adults should not waste their time feeling like a kid again because Disney is just for kids and the adults are just standing in the way a the little tykes. Might I add the little ones wouldn't be able to come to Disney World if it weren't for the adults paying their way.
I've never done BBB and never really had the urge to but it was nice to know an adult COULD do it if they so wanted.

I'm a BIG believer in the 'kid at heart' philosophy, and I enjoy every aspect of the parks without hesitation. But even I would have to draw the line at BBB. I believe I can have just as much fun as a 5 year old while riding Dumbo, but at BBB, absolutely not. I'm an adult woman, I've had plenty of salon appointments, mani pedis, and a magical wedding. An appreciation of the princesses is one thing, but I'm obviously past the age to get into the mindset of playing make-believe at being one, which for some of the little girls that go to BBB, is a HUGE deal. They get to be transformed into princesses, or they simply just get to experience their first time being styled and pampered. I don't FAULT any adult who feels intrigued by the BBB experience, but I think it should be an understood matter of common sense for them to be restricted from it.

I'm a BIG believer in the 'kid at heart' philosophy, and I enjoy every aspect of the parks without hesitation. But even I would have to draw the line at BBB. I believe I can have just as much fun as a 5 year old while riding Dumbo, but at BBB, absolutely not. I'm an adult woman, I've had plenty of salon appointments, mani pedis, and a magical wedding. An appreciation of the princesses is one thing, but I'm obviously past the age to get into the mindset of playing make-believe at being one, which for some of the little girls that go to BBB, is a HUGE deal. They get to be transformed into princesses, or they simply just get to experience their first time being styled and pampered. I don't FAULT any adult who feels intrigued by the BBB experience, but I think it should be an understood matter of common sense for them to be restricted from it.

There are those words yet again, common sense.:headache: What does common sense have to do with any of this? When someone reaches a certain age, it' s Dr Scholls and Ben Gay instead of glitter and sparkle?:rolleyes: We all know why Disney did this, to make more $$$$. If they stocked adult sized costumes, age wouldn't be an issue. But, because they can talk "darling" little girls into having a tantrum until Mommy upcharges from $50 to over $200, it's OK. You know, I never noticed anyone on these boards having a problem with adults in BBB until the age restrictions changed. If everyone was so upset by seeing adults with their hair/make up done, why not mention it before?:confused3 Oh yea, because it's not worth mentioning!

You know, I never noticed anyone on these boards having a problem with adults in BBB until the age restrictions changed. If everyone was so upset by seeing adults with their hair/make up done, why not mention it before?:confused3 Oh yea, because it's not worth mentioning!

Then you obviously haven't been reading here long. I used to see it pretty often, although I rarely read threads about the BBB these days (in fact I actively avoid them) so it may have slowed down.

I don't think anyone is upset by the sight of adults in BBB. I've never seen one myself, nor have I seen an adult in the parks sporting a princess makeover, and I'm there once a week! So no, the idea of the adults doesn't upset me. Like I said, I don't take issue with adults who want to do it. I'm not suddenly developing a problem because of the age restriction, either. It's just that, as with all restrictions, some take issue with being excluded, while some don't. I'm just hoping that an adult who is interested in BBB but finds out they're not eligible doesn't take offense and realizes the service would likely be much less fulfilling for them than it would a child anyway.

I don't think anyone is upset by the sight of adults in BBB. I've never seen one myself, nor have I seen an adult in the parks sporting a princess makeover, and I'm there once a week! So no, the idea of the adults doesn't upset me. Like I said, I don't take issue with adults who want to do it. I'm not suddenly developing a problem because of the age restriction, either. It's just that, as with all restrictions, some take issue with being excluded, while some don't. I'm just hoping that an adult who is interested in BBB but finds out they're not eligible doesn't take offense and realizes the service would likely be much less fulfilling for them than it would a child anyway.

But that's true of many things in Disney, including pretty much all of Fantasyland.
I see adults riding Dumbo all the time, when, really, what are they getting out of riding a fake elephant for 90 seconds ? Kids are thrilled though.

I'm sure that once Disney figures out a way to make kids pay extra to ride Dumbo, they'll keep adults from doing it, too.

But that's true of many things in Disney, including pretty much all of Fantasyland.
I see adults riding Dumbo all the time, when, really, what are they getting out of riding a fake elephant for 90 seconds ? Kids are thrilled though.

I'm sure that once Disney figures out a way to make kids pay extra to ride Dumbo, they'll keep adults from doing it, too.

I couldn't agree with you more.
I also never read negative comments here about adults who would do BBB or anyone saying how stupid they looked doing it until this age restriction was announced. All of a sudden so many are on the "oh those adults look ridiculous anyway" bandwagon.
I personally enjoy people watching while I'm at Disney World and I get a kick out of how kids and adults dress up and do their hair and makeup in the spirit of Disney. It never once crossed my mind that any of those adults we're being ridiculous. They were having fun.

I couldn't agree with you more.
I also never read negative comments here about adults who would do BBB or anyone saying how stupid they looked doing it until this age restriction was announced. All of a sudden so many are on the "oh those adults look ridiculous anyway" bandwagon.
I personally enjoy people watching while I'm at Disney World and I get a kick out of how kids and adults dress up and do their hair and makeup in the spirit of Disney. It never once crossed my mind that any of those adults we're being ridiculous. They were having fun.

True I never thought of it as stupid, goofy yes, stupid no.

But where else but WDW can you be Goofy. :goodvibes

You can still have fun at WDW. I don't mean to come across as snarky but is this really that big a deal? I guess that I'm as surprised to see that anyone cares as others are surprised to see that some think it's a silly activity for adults.

My sister took my 5yo Niece to the BBB this past summer. She played the video for DW, who wanted to see what it was all about since we have boys. My Niece was seated next to a couple of very loud adults. It was hard to focus on anything but the obnoxious adults, who were laughing loudly, and proclaiming themselves princesses, etc. I think the little girls should have their own place they can go to become a princess without an adult around to spoil the "magic" for them. I'm sure most of the adult visitors are not as obnoxious as the ones heard throughout my sister's video, but why an adult would want to sit beside a 5 year old who truly believes in Cinderella is beyond me. I applaud Disney for setting the age limit on this one.:thumbsup2

I must confess that I never really thought much about this issue until I read the post above. Just as when adults wear Mickey ears and Goofy ear hats, why should I care if adults are finding their inner child? I happen not to like how the BBB make-over looks on big girls, but that isn't enough of a reason to agree with the age limit.

I do, however, take issue with adults spoiling the fun for children. And, let's face it, there is no way to determine which adults have good intentions and which ones will act like idiots. :confused3

So good for Disney, let the little girls have their own special place. ;)

BTW Mouse Man, is that video on YouTube and would you consider sharing a link?

I've seen many older teenagers with BBB hair done. I to think BBB should be for the little ones only.
Disney should do something Princess like for the older people.

You can still have fun at WDW. I don't mean to come across as snarky but is this really that big a deal? I guess that I'm as surprised to see that anyone cares as others are surprised to see that some think it's a silly activity for adults.

It's the principle of the thing, I guess. Restricting adults from an activity solely because they can make more money out of little girls... that's just not very "magical". Then again, BBB has always been a money trap.
Like I said earlier I really have no desire to go to BBB. Why pay someone to put cheap kiddy makeup on me when I have a cosmetic bag full of Dior in my room ?? But I can understand why someone'd want to do it. My mom & I had fun getting our hair "pixie dusted" at the Barber Shop, maybe in a few months we won't be alllowed to do that either.

I do, however, take issue with adults spoiling the fun for children. And, let's face it, there is no way to determine which adults have good intentions and which ones will act like idiots. :confused3

So good for Disney, let the little girls have their own special place. ;)

I wish they'd give adults the same courtesy without having to shell out $160+tip per person. Last time we went to Cali Grill, and it was at 9PM, the place was filled with screaming toddlers who should have been in bed dreaming of Mickey and Cinderella.
I guess what I'm saying is that if adults can put up with tired, howling children at Signature restaurants, maybe the little princesses can deal with a couple of silly adults at BBB.

The great thing about Disney is (was?) that kids and adults could go everywhere. When I go to Disney I expect kids everywhere, even in places where I wish they weren't. It should be the same for adults. To be honest I don't give a hoot about BBB but I'm a bit worried about what might come next.

It's the principle of the thing, I guess. Restricting adults from an activity solely because they can make more money out of little girls... that's just not very "magical". Then again, BBB has always been a money trap.
Like I said earlier I really have no desire to go to BBB. Why pay someone to put cheap kiddy makeup on me when I have a cosmetic bag full of Dior in my room ?? But I can understand why someone'd want to do it. My mom & I had fun getting our hair "pixie dusted" at the Barber Shop, maybe in a few months we won't be alllowed to do that either.

I wish they'd give adults the same courtesy without having to shell out $160+tip per person. Last time we went to Cali Grill, and it was at 9PM, the place was filled with screaming toddlers who should have been in bed dreaming of Mickey and Cinderella.
I guess what I'm saying is that if adults can put up with tired, howling children at Signature restaurants, maybe the little princesses can deal with a couple of silly adults at BBB.

The great thing about Disney is (was?) that kids and adults could go everywhere. When I go to Disney I expect kids everywhere, even in places where I wish they weren't. It should be the same for adults. To be honest I don't give a hoot about BBB but I'm a bit worried about what might come next.

^ THIS! Xs 1,000,000 :thumbsup2

So what, in your opinion, should common sense be? When you hit a certain age, you can't have fun anymore? :rolleyes: Why should it bother so many people if an adult wants to "glittered up"? Is it really hurting you in any way?

Personally I think the entire thing is absolutely ridiculous, for an adult or child. We focus so much on looks these days, getting a princess make over, is totally sending the wrong message. I am so glad my mother taught me, it's what's on the inside that counts not how you look on the outside, be a good person with a kind heart, always stand up for what you believe in, and never let anyone make you feel bad about yourself. :flower3:

Really what message are we sending when we let our DDs get a princess makeover.... because I see the message(s) as Believe in yourself, Use your Imagination, You can be whoever you want to be, even a princess (Kate Middleton), You are always young at heart.

I've taught my daughter the same values.... it's what's on the inside that counts not how you look on the outside, be a good person with a kind heart, always stand up for what you believe in, and never let anyone make you feel bad about yourself. She has done the BBB several times and it's hasen't taken away from those values instilled in her.

My teen has had her hair done at 14 and 17 and loved it everytime. I think this policy is mean. Perhaps 18 would make sense but there are many teenage girls that want to get into the magic. I would bet that they want to save the chairs for customers small enough to fit into the $200 costumes. Why not make more BBB and more money? I hope Disney rethinks this policy!

I agree with this my DD13 would probably still like to get this done and I don't see anything wrong with it. Some of the people posting on this thread claiming that tween/teens shouldn't be doing the BBB are some of the same ones who grip about tweens/teens in the park acting to grown (clothing choices, make-up) so which one is it? Are they suppose to act young or like grown up? because there's really no in between.

I also believe it was done because of profit. I personally would never get it done, it's just not my thing. However I would never begrudge another from having the experience. :wizard: I do think that they should raise the age limit to 17 or 18.

:worship: you said it!

I've seen many older teenagers with BBB hair done. I to think BBB should be for the little ones only.
Disney should do something Princess like for the older people.

They use to it's called the BBB.

Once again what is wrong with the older tweens/teens getting the BBB experience? I don't get why we should tell little girls over 12 ok you're done you can't make believe any more because you're over 12! :confused3
So you mean to tell me that if a family can't afford to go to Disney for the first time until their DD is 13 that she shouldn't be able to experience the magic of the BBB because she is over the age limit. How's that fair?

I once sent DS off on a Disney pirate voyage which only allowed kids. I was a little jealous but I also knew that he was excited to be off on an adventure on his own. I just browsed around the Grand Floridian while he was gone and it was actually kind of refreshing. :)

People always worry about what could be next. Maybe nothing.

They use to it's called the BBB.

Once again what is wrong with the older tweens/teens getting the BBB experience? I don't get why we should tell little girls over 12 ok you're done you can't make believe any more because you're over 12! :confused3
So you mean to tell me that if a family can't afford to go to Disney for the first time until their DD is 13 that she shouldn't be able to experience the magic of the BBB because she is over the age limit. How's that fair?

I guess, I am. I don't mean to sound rude. But i think it's nice that the kids have something all for themselves. I'm suggesting ADDING a location maybe Downtown Disney.

Geez, you'd think Disney was putting a property-wide ban on glitter and fun for anyone over the age of 12. :confused:

You can still get your glitter on, your tiara on, your big poofy gown on. You can use six cans of aqua-net. Best part of all--it's cheaper than BBB! No one's saying you can channel your inner-princess if you've hit age 12. You just can't have the fairy godmothers transform you in the hallowed halls of the BBB. Aren't most adults capable of putting a bun in there hair and laquering on some makeup? Not trying to be rude, as I love the BBB for little kids, but I honestly think it should be an experience for little kids, much like sitting on Santa's lap at the mall.

Geez, you'd think Disney was putting a property-wide ban on glitter and fun for anyone over the age of 12. :confused:

You can still get your glitter on, your tiara on, your big poofy gown on. You can use six cans of aqua-net. Best part of all--it's cheaper than BBB! No one's saying you can channel your inner-princess if you've hit age 12. You just can't have the fairy godmothers transform you in the hallowed halls of the BBB. Aren't most adults capable of putting a bun in there hair and laquering on some makeup? Not trying to be rude, as I love the BBB for little kids, but I honestly think it should be an experience for little kids, much like sitting on Santa's lap at the mall.

Wait! What??? What do you mean I can't sit on Santa's lap at the mall??? How dare you imply that there's something wrong with channeling my inner child! I waited in line just as long as those little kids and I deserve it at least as much as they do - probably more. Christmas isn't just for little kids - it's for everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter