BBB age limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping my DD who will be 13 will do it. I wanna get it done for her bday-its a whole surprise trip- but I thought she would like Pop princess better than the one with the tiara and bun

All that yucky hair gell would never give me a princess feeling! Take me to a professional hair salon any day!

I am hoping my DD who will be 13 will do it. I wanna get it done for her bday-its a whole surprise trip- but I thought she would like Pop princess better than the one with the tiara and bun

The new maximum age will be 12.

This is OUTRAGEOUS! How dare they tell me I can't get bippidi boppidi booed even at 42. Don't they know WDW ISN'T just for kids? It is for the KID IN ALL of us. Don't even get me started on you trying to stand your 3' tall kid in front of my 5"10" husband at a parade or show. He won't be able to enjoy it to the fullest, much less see over your giant child's head...

Just kidding. Really? They had to make this a rule? People are so weird. :confused:

Can't say I am surprised..My last trip down I was getting my then 5 yr old done and a WHOLE family..Mom, Aunt, Grandma etc was all getting made up.I saw more adults that morning then kids.

How old is she now? because I have a 13 yr old DS and know a lot of 13 yr old girls and my best friend has a 13 yr old DD and there is no way in he double hockey sticks they would be caught dead in a get up from BBB!!!

13 is not an age to act like a baby! Older you might get away with it, and they may play along, but not at that 13-14 age bracket, they are very sensitive.

I wouldn't force a kid to do something she didn't want to do on her birthday. I feel bad for the girl.

I wonder if enough adults were doing this that people were having trouble finding slots for their little girls? I always had the impression that this was really meant for little girls to begin with.

Most likely not that they were not finding slots for little girls, but that they cannot have adults do the more costly packages.

It's about the almighty buck. They can sell your little princess a $80+ dollar outfit with accessories but mom can only get the cheap hair and make-up package. So they have a much beter increase in sales if they limit it to 3-12 range as they can try and sell them the outfits and accessories.

Denise in MI

This is OUTRAGEOUS! How dare they tell me I can't get bippidi boppidi booed even at 42. Don't they know WDW ISN'T just for kids? It if for the KID IN ALL of us. Don't even get me started on you trying to stand your 3' tall kid in front of my 5"10" husband at a parade or show. He won't be able to enjoy it to the fullest, much less see over your giant child's head...

Just kidding. Really? They had to make this a rule? People are so weird. :confused:

There is an entire thread on here dedicated to adult women who have gone to the BBB. I found it when looking for pictures of hairstyles for little girls. Not my cup of tea but whatever.

I also wanted to add that my 10 year old no longer wants any part of BBB so I can't see a 13 year old wanting to do this. Maybe take her to the Disney Couture( not sure if that is teh correct name) for a shopping spree. They have some super cute stuff that is perfect for her age and while still Disney it is not to childish for a girl her age.

I know there are adults that have gone to BBB, but I have to say that the plastered styles they do at BBB, IMHO, are only appropriate for young children. To me, even 12 is too old. If I made the rules, it would be age 3 to 7. But, that's just me. :rolleyes1

Setting the age at 12 just keeps it preteen. I think you would have a hard time finding a middle school aged girl who wants to look like that. It's a lot less cute when you are not a little girl. Don't even get me started on what the grown women look like...

I don't really see why they need to change the policy...Disney is all about having FUN, and if an adult is going to have fun doing BBB on their special vacation, then all the power to them.

Eh, I wouldn't be caught dead in the BBB nor would I have dared step one foot in the place when I was 13. Still, I wouldn't belittle a teen who would enjoy the experience. Like a previous poster stated, I think it all comes down to the almighty dollar. Those princess dresses/shoes can total up to a small fortune.

There is an entire thread on here dedicated to adult women who have gone to the BBB. I found it when looking for pictures of hairstyles for little girls. Not my cup of tea but whatever.

I also wanted to add that my 10 year old no longer wants any part of BBB so I can't see a 13 year old wanting to do this. Maybe take her to the Disney Couture( not sure if that is teh correct name) for a shopping spree. They have some super cute stuff that is perfect for her age and while still Disney it is not to childish for a girl her age.

My 10 year old wouldn't be caught dead doing it either. Glad we did it when she was 6.

My 10 year old wouldn't be caught dead doing it either. Glad we did it when she was 6.
Ours either.

I am 100% positive that she would deem the make-up "cheap" and the hairstyles "stupid".

I don't remember being that...decisive when I was 10 years old.

How old is she now? because I have a 13 yr old DS and know a lot of 13 yr old girls and my best friend has a 13 yr old DD and there is no way in he double hockey sticks they would be caught dead in a get up from BBB!!!

13 is not an age to act like a baby! Older you might get away with it, and they may play along, but not at that 13-14 age bracket, they are very sensitive.

Um right now she is 11 and YES my DD would do it...maybe just the colored extentions but she would. Maybe YOUR friends DD wouldnt but mine would. And thats all Im gonna say about that :rolleyes1

BUT after all you are in DISNEY!!! I didnt say the whole outfit, just the hair do. I would never get the whole outfit, its not worth it. But as a fun experience I would. It doesnt matter anyway, if they change the max age

This rule seems strange to me. Outside of brides (and one young woman with down syndrome), I have never seen an adult with any of the hair styles in the parks. Is there really that much of an adult "infestation" of BBB that they need to limit the ages? Besides in the end money from a child's hairdo is the same as the money for an adults. Heck, adults have more hair, so they could charge more!

But you are paying for the experience. Maybe some bratty teen misbehaved in there and ruined it for the kids? I can see that being an issue.

Strange because every time we go to WDW, my sis (37), SIL (31), and SIL's sister (20), go to BBB. The only thing they don't have is the costumes for adults, but they get the full package. Even the sash, which they wear around the parks. And they are not the only adults in there. They will be very upset to find this age restriction in place. Seems rather silly to me. Why limit it to only kids? A paying customer is still a paying customer, no matter the age.

I suspect that many kids couldn't get in because adults took too many of the slots.

I don't really see why they need to change the policy...Disney is all about having FUN, and if an adult is going to have fun doing BBB on their special vacation, then all the power to them.

I must totally agree with you. Although, I have never gone to BBB and have no desire to, I know alot of adults who like it. If Disney is not just for kids, why change something to make it just for kids? Sorry if you can't find a slot for your child, but, first come, first served.

The Contemporary, Yacht/Beach Clubs and Coronado all have hair salons, as well.

I know there are adults that have gone to BBB, but I have to say that the plastered styles they do at BBB, IMHO, are only appropriate for young children. To me, even 12 is too old. If I made the rules, it would be age 3 to 7. But, that's just me. :rolleyes1

lol I have to agree I was just playing devils advocate when I said they needed a salon. When I took my nieces to bbb last year I actually felt bad for them while they were having their hair done and no I would never subject myself to such things nor want for such fashion myself. But there were two grown women sitting in chairs getting the super mini tight buns put in. So obviously they have a customer base for such things.

Though I have to say as a grown woman I think if I wanted to get princessed out I would do a better job then the fairy godmothers at the castle. Cindy needs to send them back to cosmetology school.

I suspect that many kids couldn't get in because adults took too many of the slots.

I suspect the same, and I do think that Disney was right to see that as a problem and fix it. It's a service that is clearly geared more toward children, so I don't see a problem with making it one of very few kids-only activities in the World. We grown-ups have a couple nice adults-only activities too, after all.

My personal view may be colored by the fact that I would much rather go to the Grand Floridian or Yacht Club for a blowout than go to BBB for their Spackle 'n Glitter special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter