*** Bay Lake Tower Owners Group***

I'm guessing it's now official. We put down our down payment and are awaiting the rest of the paper work, which our guide said should arrive sometime next week. We are new DVC members and now the proud owners of a piece of BLT. :woohoo:

So, our next step is to work through the paper work when it arrives and figure out how to make reservations for a trip in July using our developer's points at SSR. :yay: I already got an e-mail to use to get on the Web site once I have a member number.:surfweb:

Just got to see the model of BLT yesterday - my family fell in love with it, start to finish. I especially like the kitchen; it is larger than the kitchens in SSR, thankfully. As much as I like the setups of SSR/BCV . . .the kitchens can feel cramped if more than one person is in there. BLT's kitchen island reminds me a bit more of the OKW kitchens - and IMO feels roomier. :goodvibes

Addonitis hit me today! We are now proud owners of 50 BLT points!! We will be staying at our new home after our Disney Cruise in November.

I would really like to add some of the pictures to my signature. Is anyone willing to share their signature pics?

The "Groupie" pic is available as well as all the others. Whichever you choose, simply right click on the picture, click on "properties", copy the entire address, then go to "user cp", "edit signature" and enter
and you got it. Welcome new neighbors!!!:banana:

Welcome to all the new groupies :dance3:

We were planning to use some of our BLT points for a trip this October, but I managed to get one of the 40% off codes that they are talking about on the code board and booked 8 nights at CR in an MK view, so we're banking our points and using them for 5 nights in a 1 bed MK view next summer :yay:

I'll be hoping you guys who are staying there before us will keep me going with loads of lovely pictures :goodvibes

That's it! We're IN!!!! We purchased 199 pts and get the founder's tile!!! :cool1: Why 199? It allows us to go 2x in 3 yrs in magic in a 1bdrm lakeview room. It also allows us to use our AKV pts. every year during adventure.

Since we're using DP's this summer and AKV in Dec, our BLT stay won't be until July 2010 at this point!:sad1: I'll be reading every TR until then!

My guide said she was going to be off this week. I have tried to call various numbers, only to get recordings. I spoke with Member Administration, only to be sent back to the voice mail of my guide. Any other suggestions to speak with a live person to buy BLT? I did leave a voicemail with time, date, pt. amount to purchase, name, phone #'s. Hope I'm not too late.....:surfweb:

Just bought in at 300 points.... first trip will be late Sept/Early Oct 2009 (for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween) and DD and DS birthday. Never stayed on property so this should be great (esp with the little ones).

So - so excited :jumping1:

Proud new owner of 30 BLT points......I do hate myself for paying retail though! I don't even get a gift...no bag, no lithograph, nothing. I admit, I know nothing about the Contemporary, BLT or its surrounding areas (except for MK!). So now fellow owners, you need to fill me in!!!:banana:

We'll be signing our paperwork tonight! :cool1:
Oh man, I dread those phone lines on March 1st. We want to make our first stay at BLT the first week of December. :scared1: I would hate for our first waitlist experience to be at BLT.

Proud new owner of 30 BLT points......I do hate myself for paying retail though! I don't even get a gift...no bag, no lithograph, nothing. I admit, I know nothing about the Contemporary, BLT or its surrounding areas (except for MK!). So now fellow owners, you need to fill me in!!!:banana:

what do you wan to know.

first and best (my opinion) you can walk to the MK!!!!!

so no long waits at night to get to the buses, then wait to get to your resort, then on the bus going to your resort...

now the wait inside the park will still be there.

if you don't have a MK view and want to see the firework - right NOW - and only for right now - there is the Top of World lounge.

the mk views are going to be special - but expensive - maybe once every 5 years or so... otherwise standard...

look at the extra cost for MK
okw 8 points - bwv, bc, vwl, blt(standard) - 12, blt (mk) is 17.

so since the views will definitely be best so far - 17 for a studio is probably fair.

what do you wan to know.

first and best (my opinion) you can walk to the MK!!!!!

so no long waits at night to get to the buses, then wait to get to your resort, then on the bus going to your resort...

now the wait inside the park will still be there.

if you don't have a MK view and want to see the firework - right NOW - and only for right now - there is the Top of World lounge.

the mk views are going to be special - but expensive - maybe once every 5 years or so... otherwise standard...

look at the extra cost for MK
okw 8 points - bwv, bc, vwl, blt(standard) - 12, blt (mk) is 17.

so since the views will definitely be best so far - 17 for a studio is probably fair.
Thanks Pat! That is the best feature of all....being able to walk to MK!! Since I also own at BWV, that too was the big draw for me. Well, I have never stayed at the Contemporary. I know about the new Wave restaraunt. Don't know much about Cali Grill (its there at BLT?). My 30 pts will get us a studio for 5 nights every 3 years during 3 seasons. Right now I love the low MF's. Is the beach real accessible to BLT? Is there a marina there you can rent water mice?

Don't know much about Cali Grill (its there at BLT?). My 30 pts will get us a studio for 5 nights every 3 years during 3 seasons. Right now I love the low MF's. Is the beach real accessible to BLT? Is there a marina there you can rent water mice?

yes the Cali grill is at the top of CR. It is not my favorite...

yes the beach is accessible to BLT - the main pool will be in the curve on the beach.

disney is doing away with the water mice - in favor of that 2 seater that I can't remember the name. but you can rent just about anything from CR.

you can rent now if you want too - just go to any marina at WDW and say what you want to rent. l

the marina and the beach are in the back - along bay lake - not in the front with seven seas lagoon.

Addon-itis continues. :goodvibes We added on a small second add-on (does that make sense?) at BLT this evening, before the minimum goes up to 100 points. I think we're done for now, until Hawaii goes up for sale! :thumbsup2

Count us in!!! Happy owners 100 points as of today!! Now, how to decide when and which view, etc....:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter