Bad Ticket from UCT?

Makes me a little leery about UCT.....hearing multiple people on the boards having issues with them.....

Must be a heck of a savings to go through this hassle...

Makes me a little leery about UCT.....hearing multiple people on the boards having issues with them.....

We just bought 4 4-day hopper tickets from UCT a few weeks ago. It was over $100 savings and we had no glitches at all. We have bought from them several times and never had a problem.
For me, whether I become a returning customer to a company is not just whether a problem occurred but it's all about how that problem is handled. No company is ever 100% problem-free.
If perhaps they have some glitch with 1 in a million tickets sold and they promise to replace your ticket on the spot if you truly can't get in the park, I would still used them. jmho.

I have used UCT had no issues.
IMHO it's not the "problem" that bothers me, but the Response by UCT tocall Disney. That sounds like wing blown off and not very customer friendly.
It's stressful enough prepping for a Disney trip... so having "potential" tix and/or fastpass issues just don't cut it.

Hope this works out for u OP!

This was one of two recent threads about UT, and UT posted on the other thread with clarification to that OP's concerns. The OP of this thread has had resolution and affirmation from Disney that the issue has been fixed. I have used UT several times over the years and never had an issue and I'm not leery about using them at all.
IMHO it's not the "problem" that bothers me, but the Response by UCT tocall Disney. That sounds like wing blown off and not very customer friendly.
It's stressful enough prepping for a Disney trip... so having "potential" tix and/or fastpass issues just don't cut it.

What I got from UT directing the OP to contact Disney directly was because it would be Disney that needed to fix or work on the issue since it was Disney's MDE that was giving her the error.

My understanding was that the reason for calling Disney was to verify that ticket was not used or linked or otherwise compromised. The UCT customer service rep said she couldn't see any issues with it but that obviously doesn't mean anything at the tapstiles so the direction to call Disney made sense. She said that if Disney said there was a problem to call them back so I assume they would have issued a new ticket if Disney said there was an issue.

I think someone said in the other UCT thread that it's not so much that a company has a problem (because they all will at times) but how they deal with it and I was ultimately happy with the customer service I was given.

Must be a heck of a savings to go through this hassle...

UCT, and Park Savers for that matter, are not fly-by-night companies. They are longstanding, respected resellers, and there have been many threads here singing their praises. Their discounts can be astounding. Some would suggest if you're visiting WDW with a room-only reservation and no existing ticket media, not to by your ticket media directly from Disney because of the discounts usually available via resellers like UCT and PS. This doesn't sound like much of a hassle to me. A problem in MDE, a call to Disney which says there's no problem, and a call to UCT which says there's no problem and if there turns out to be one they'll fix it on the spot.

If you're assuming that buying your ticket media directly from Disney ensures a hassle-free experience, don't. We spent an entire trip with Premier passes (the bicoastal ones) bought directly from Disney that malfunctioned in Disney's database and were reported as invalid every single time we attempted to enter a park or receive a dining or merchandise discount. Disney could not correct the issue during our trip because the single database manager who works on issues with Premiers was away from the office the whole time. We added up about three hours in total that we wasted waiting for Guest Services leads to show up and authorize every single park entrance and discount. And at the alarming full price for Premiers, it definitely wasn't a heck of a savings, either.

Could you not ask them if you could return the ticket now, and then send you a whole new one? Sounds like a better idea than trying to sort it on the gate, and getting in a mess with FP's etc

Then there you go.

Shocked, shocked I tell you! (not shocked)

If it had bene used by someone else it would not have been able to be linked.

I see you jined 2 years after the big AK/Guest Services/UCT nonsense that happened. January 2011 some CMs (including a manager, I believe) suddenly went rogue on a UCT ticket user, saying all sorts of crud about upgrading and blah blah blah. It was a more complicated situation (upgrading to a DVC AP renewal) but nothing that hadn't been done before. Because the GS people were so adamant about it, UCT got involved, helped with some retraining, got policies traightened out, etc. Disney absolutely worked with UCT and UCT worked with Disney.

(it was an epic thread here)

And as we can see from the OP's followup, Disney did NOT just tell her they couldn't help. They looked at the ticket info, said it was fine, said it was likely just a glitch, and the system let her link it.

Disney said it was fine and the system let her link it. That's all the confirmation I would need.
I don't know about you, but I don't put any stock in what phone agents say. They are notoriously unreliable and wrong more often than not.

I wasn't a member for then but doesn't mean I didn't lurk. What I am saying is that if Undercover Tourist did sell a faulty ticket even if by accident Disney is not going to suddenly honor that ticket. They will tell you to take it up with the third party. Just like if I buy tickets from plumbenefits, expedia, travelocity, wherever they will say sorry you need to contact the third party vendor.

Upgrading the tickets is an entirely different scenario than buy a partially used ticket.
A few years back my mom bought a ticket from UCT. She accidentally left it at home when we went on our trip. I don't remember the procedure but Disney did issue her a new ticket and did not tell her to deal with UCT. Not saying that wasn't a once in a lifetime deal, but just wanted to relay our experience.

I really do not think that could happen. I think that an error message could be in error (oh I remember the days of "you do not have any reservations" when people absolutely did), but I truly do not think someone could actually link it if it was already USED by someone else.

I was just going off of what the original post said. The OP said that it was a warning and they stopped short of linking it to look into the error. Disney then said it was fine and to proceed with linking it anyway. So that gave me the impression that it was allowed to be linked and it was just a note to remind people that the same person needs to use the ticket each time. It was just peculiar that it happened to the one, and not the others.

nothing to do with UT but several years ago we went on our trip and when we went to go into the park (multi-generational trip, so there were ten of us). Everyone's ticket worked but mine. CM with iPad asked if I had been there that summer. Nope, this was Thanksgiving.
Guest services went on to explain that there was an issue with the computers and somehow thousands of tickets had been mixed up. They literally could not resolve it. I had to carry a separate hard ticket for the next two trips.
Bottom line: computer glitches with Disney would not be shocking. And it's not just third party sellers. It's directly through Disney as well.

I haven't been able to properly and fully use my MDE for about 2 years now, no matter how many times I try to get it fixed, so I'm completely unsurprised by Disney tech problems with a ticket. I fully expect to get the "you must be using the wrong finger to scan" lecture yet again next week. :badpc:

I have a question about UCT. I thought they offered discounted tickets. But when I compared their prices for Universal Orlando tickets, the prices offered on Universal's site were about $20 cheaper for multi-day tickets, across the board. What's up with that?

Last edited:
I have a question about UCT. I thought they offered discounted tickets. But when I compared their prices for Universal Orlando tickets, the prices offered on Universal's site were about $20 cheaper for multi-day tickets, across the board. What's up with that?

Nothing unusual about that.
Each of the authorized ticket resellers/discounters (there are a LOT of 'em) operate independently and can set their own prices for any ticket.
Sometimes the deal on one kind of ticket will be better on one site than another... then a new, better deal will show up on another site.
All depends on your timing.

Ain't free enterprise great? ;)

What I got from UT directing the OP to contact Disney directly was because it would be Disney that needed to fix or work on the issue since it was Disney's MDE that was giving her the error.

And Disney's ticket. These tickets aren't just made up by uct. They are sold to them by Disney. Any issues with the ticket need to be resolved by Disney.

I don't know about you, but I don't put any stock in what phone agents say. They are notoriously unreliable and wrong more often than not.

When it comes to things they can't look up and check in, sure. But a tickets validity? That's not asking if room requests ar guaranteed. That's something solid.

Did you get to the point on UO where tax is added in?

Remember that purchasing ahead of time on UO does give you $20 off compared to buying at the parks.

But check on the tax anyway. Make sure you're comparing apples to apples.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter