Back home to cold old England - 10 of the best photos!

It was less than 180 days out when I booked through the dining reservations number, but I believe you can book directly with Citricos. I think The Chefs Domaine is a little known secret as 2 cast members I spoke to in central reservations didn't have a clue what I was talking about! I then contacted Citricos directly with some questions I had, was put through to an answer phone and I left a message with my email address and it was Melissa who contacted me. I'll send you a pm with her email address... Tell her Christina sent you :goodvibes

That would be great if you could PM her email address to me at least I can enquire and she knows we're interested, even if we are very very early! :thumbsup2

Your pictures are so beautiful, I especially love the ones on the Grand I. It sounds like everything was a wonderful experience for you and your guests. I think it is so creative how you were able to incorporate a portion of your wedding at Disney without actually going through DFTW :)

I actually just wanted to thank Vanessa for this post. I would have LOVED to have gotten married at Disney... I would have LOVED to have been a Disney Bride, but alas.... the cost just went totally against us. Even booking the 4 night required onsite stay would have chomped into our budget. We already had our Florida vacation booked we logistically just couldn't change our accomodation. Our Escape wedding would have pretty much turned into an expensive affair as by the time we had had the Escape Ceremony, we still would have wanted dinner in the Chefs Domaine and our cruise on Grand 1, along with an additional photographer for the evening.... so it was just turning into silly prices for us really! To be honest, i've sometimes felt a little bit of a fraud posting here.... I'm not for one minute saying ANY of you lovely people on here made me felt like that.... just perhaps I felt like that myself! So it means alot to me that you posted about it. Disney apparently host alot of off-site wedding receptions for people who choose to get married in church etc.... So I guess you could say i'm kind of half a disney bride!

Thank you for your incredibly sweet post though :grouphug:

I actually just wanted to thank Vanessa for this post. I would have LOVED to have gotten married at Disney... I would have LOVED to have been a Disney Bride, but alas.... the cost just went totally against us.

To be honest, i've sometimes felt a little bit of a fraud posting here.... I'm not for one minute saying ANY of you lovely people on here made me felt like that.... just perhaps I felt like that myself! So it means alot to me that you posted about it. Disney apparently host alot of off-site wedding receptions for people who choose to get married in church etc.... So I guess you could say i'm kind of half a disney bride!

Thank you for your incredibly sweet post though :grouphug:

Believe me, I completely understand where you're coming from with the cost. We actually looked at several off-property sites before we ended up going with Disney. If my parents weren't such a big help pitching in towards the costs, there is no way that we could have afforded it.

You are definitely not a fraud for posting here, there are many brides who have Disney weddings at home that have just as magical events as each of us. I'm so glad that you have been able to share your beautiful Disney Fairytale with us princess:

Do you have any pictures from your ceremony site yet?

Believe me, I completely understand where you're coming from with the cost. We actually looked at several off-property sites before we ended up going with Disney. If my parents weren't such a big help pitching in towards the costs, there is no way that we could have afforded it.

You are definitely not a fraud for posting here, there are many brides who have Disney weddings at home that have just as magical events as each of us. I'm so glad that you have been able to share your beautiful Disney Fairytale with us princess:

Do you have any pictures from your ceremony site yet?

AH.... ceremony photos!! We were supposed to go and pick the disc up with the ceremony photos before we flew home but we just ran out of time! We did swing by the chapel on the last day of the holiday to see if anyone was about but the place was shut, and instead of collecting wedding photos, Hubby ended up riding the slingshot on I-Drive.... Twice! (FOOL). There are some photos of us in an online album though via the Chapels website. I just haven't bothered saving them to my own computer as the resolution isn't brilliant so I'll wait until the disc arrives via the mail. You are more than welcome to take a peek though....

http://www.royalchapel.com/

Theres a list of newlyweds... scroll down until you see Christina and Mark and click on the link and the album should open up

xxx

Christiana,

Your photos are just lovely! :yay: Your family just looks so happy to be sharing the day with you!! I especially love the photo of your DS in the limo/car. What a cutie pie!! :)

Your pictures are excellent! It looks like everyone had a great time. I am also for having candid shots and not all stuffy formal pictures. I am getting married for the second time as well and all my first pictures were posed. I am off to look at your ceremony pictures now. :goodvibes

Christiana,

Your photos are just lovely! :yay: Your family just looks so happy to be sharing the day with you!! I especially love the photo of your DS in the limo/car. What a cutie pie!! :)

You all make a beautiful family:goodvibes: Your son looks very proud!

The pictures are wonderful:)

Thank you both! :grouphug:

With regards to my Son.... Well, I don't even know where to start! He was just TOO brilliant the whole day long!! He loves Mark to death, and they get on fantastically well and are great mates.... but like every Mum who is marrying someone else, I was a little worried. Joe has a brilliant relationship with his Dad (we actually share custody of Joe, live 5 minutes apart and still do all 'parenty' things together.... Strange.... but I class my ex-husband perhaps not as one of my best friends.... but I know if I were ever in trouble I wouldn't hesitate in asking him for help! Hes a great guy, we just weren't meant to stay married!). Anyhow, I know Joe was kinda fretting over various things.... he didn't want my name to be different to his for a start. He's a sensitive kid and i'm sure he worried about a few things. On the day, he stole the show!!! I mean, he was brilliant! He cracked jokes and just beamed from the start of the day right through until the end! He even went back into Basin White by himself to buy us some goodies to take back to the apartment with us (We still have 1 bath bomb left... and i'm sure he still owes my Ma 15 bucks!) He was just wonderful and we were all so proud of him on the day!!! The only hiccup we had was during the meal when he spilled a glass of water over the table linen and these big old tears started forming in his eyes because he thought he had ruined everything! Bless his heart!

I mean... hes a kid... he drives me to distraction sometimes! But hes the light of my life! :love:

Your photos make me even more excited about my wedding!!! You were gorgeous! Your photographer did a great job!!!

Thank you for sharing the pictures. I love the ladies' hats at the wedding :goodvibes Your crystal bouquet was really pretty too, I have seen a few of these done before and they always turn out so cool!

Your pictures are excellent! It looks like everyone had a great time. I am also for having candid shots and not all stuffy formal pictures. I am getting married for the second time as well and all my first pictures were posed. I am off to look at your ceremony pictures now. :goodvibes

I THINK we all had a great time.... Even MIL who spent the rest of the vacation complaining about everything... but p'ah!! I love the candid shots... Having them taken was loads of fun!

Is this a photographer through Disney???? I love your pictures!

Hiya and Thanks! :goodvibes Our photographer wasn't through Disney. Google Robert McClory photography... and thats the guy! He was fantastic!

Thank you for sharing the pictures. I love the ladies' hats at the wedding :goodvibes Your crystal bouquet was really pretty too, I have seen a few of these done before and they always turn out so cool!

I was really pleased with how the bouquet looked in the photos! We never bothered with a wedding cake whilst we were in Florida but we are having one next Saturday at our reception over here. What i'm really excited about is that my bouquet is being turned into our cake topper... I'll have to post some photos of it (If it doesn't look absolutely stupid! LOL)

Your pictures are gorgeous! I have to tell you that your story is the one that has reinspired me to figure out a way to have some sort of Disney wedding. We've been back and forth about what we want to do. We are not looking to spend a fortune and would like to keep it simple but special and beautiful - from your photos it looks like you did just that. Thank you so much for sharing.

Looking forward to reading about your at home reception.

Congratulations!

OMG!! How can I have missed this thread - Im such a muppet!! :sick:

How are you? How was it? who what where why when!!! :hug: :hug:

Im sitting here wondering what to type with regards to your photos, they have literally left me speachless, the one at the GF upstairs infront of the chandelier is the most beautiful wedding photo I have EVER seen!! It truly is a spectacular shot!! And check you out with your sexy leg moves, you'll be in FHM next month ;) I'm so glad everything went well and you both look so happy!! :hug:

Your photos are gorgeous!!!
I understand why it was so difficult to post only ten!!!!:rotfl:

Your pictures are gorgeous! I have to tell you that your story is the one that has reinspired me to figure out a way to have some sort of Disney wedding. We've been back and forth about what we want to do. We are not looking to spend a fortune and would like to keep it simple but special and beautiful - from your photos it looks like you did just that. Thank you so much for sharing.

Looking forward to reading about your at home reception.

Congratulations!

Aww, thank you! :grouphug: I really hope that you figure something out! Our day was perfect for us, it didn't cost us the earth, and I guess only once you have lived the day you dreamed of can you actually go back and say 'We really wouldn't have done it any differently'... But we really wouldn't!

OMG!! How can I have missed this thread - Im such a muppet!! :sick:

How are you? How was it? who what where why when!!! :hug: :hug:

Im sitting here wondering what to type with regards to your photos, they have literally left me speachless, the one at the GF upstairs infront of the chandelier is the most beautiful wedding photo I have EVER seen!! It truly is a spectacular shot!! And check you out with your sexy leg moves, you'll be in FHM next month ;) I'm so glad everything went well and you both look so happy!! :hug:

FHM? I don't think so! If I don't get myself back to the gym then i'll be in Weight Watchers Weekly! My healthy lifestyle has taken a serious turn for the worse since we got back... but p'ah!

I keep trying to write a detailed report of the day but I just can't manage it without ending up way too tearful to continue. I think I have a serious case of post wedding blues! Silly really as I just married my very best friend and should be overjoyed and I am... really I am. I just feel a bit 'empty' now all the planning has finished etc. Its been worse since I went back to work a few days ago... and it certainly doesn't help that i'm currently working nights and just spend the whole night wanting to be back at home with Mark... I'm way too slushy for my own good!! I mean... i've always worked nights and its never bothered me! I have always LIKED working nights.... but now I just can't stand to be away from home (read be away from HIM). Who knew this wedding business would turn me into an emotional needy wreck!! Ah well, I only have tonight to work and then i'm off for 10 days! Huzzah!!!! Hopefully I WILL get around to reporting the day... in every boring detail!! Right now i'm really looking forward to getting our ceremony DVD and photos back from the chapel so that should cheer my miserable self up!! LOL

Your photos are gorgeous!!!
I understand why it was so difficult to post only ten!!!!:rotfl:

You are all incredibly lucky! There are HUNDREDS of the things... not to mention the shots our guests got! Oh... and don't even go there when it comes to the rest of our vacation photos.... There are thousands of them!!

Hold on... I just have to post these though...

DSCF1364.jpg

DSCF1366.jpg

The chapel photos are lovely, love the stain glass window in the background.

Did you make you Bouquet? It is lovely...Well all of your pictures are great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter