Back home to cold old England - 10 of the best photos!

AMAZING pictures! I love them :) Thank you for sharing!

He took LOADS of photographs of my tattoos and even managed to make them look 'classy' although my Ma would never agree!! LOL

Oh I am SO having the same thing with my Mom. She wants to buy tattoo cover-up kits, arm band jewellery etc to get me to cover my tattoo but I've refused. I have compromised and am getting curly hair extensions a veil to cover my back (I have a large back piece) to try and keep her quiet! I thought your tattoos looked lovely by the way :goodvibes

I absolutely love the phone of you standing on the beach with the moon behind you. It is amazing! You look so stunning!:goodvibes

Just stunning!!! I love ALL your photos so far! Especially the one of you in the moonlight! I remember your bouquet from your PJ! It was even more beautiful on your wedding day!!! Can't wait to see more!! :yay:

Welcome home and congratulations. Tell us all the details. Those photos are absolutley stunning. You look gorgeous in them all.

Welcome Back and Congratulations!

Your photos really are stunning, was your photographer for your Disney pics from Disney or an outside vendor? The colour of the sky in the beach photos is so so pretty :lovestruc and you're right, he managed to capture so many natural moments really really well. The lighting in the Chef's Domaine is a lovely colour too actually.

How was the Chef's Domaine? I think we are going to go for this location, provided our numbers stay small. Who did you contact to get the personalised menus? I would also love to see more of your table decorations, as your colours seem to be the same as ours and I didn't realise you could get Disney floral to decorate for you - sounds like a plan! Did you just contact the florist directly?

And the Grand 1 - would it be roomy enough for 11-14 of us? The photo of you all stood on the front of the yacht makes it seem like there is quite a bit of space outside, but my mum doesn't like boats and we may have just twisted her arm into actually coming to Florida (will find out on Friday, fingers crossed!) so I think we may stick with the Illuminations Morocco dessert party so my mum can keep her feet on solid ground - I can't expect her to brave the flight to Florida and then stick her on a boat once she gets there can I?! :rotfl: Would still be interested to know how many people you think would comfortably be able to watch the fireworks, just in case!

Sorry for all those questions - but I'm just dying to know it all!:goodvibes

Congratulations, I love all your photos. You look stunning and I love your dress it looks a little like mine.

Oh, sweetie! That special moment with the little girl being awestruck by you is just precious! You really did look gorgeous and I'm so glad that even objective third parties ;) made you know that! :goodvibes

Your photos are amazing and you look fab!!!

I am going to try and get some sunset pictures especially now i have seen yours :lovestruc

What a beautiful bride! Great pictures. You make a very handsome couple/family. Congrats!!

Kristen

Your pictures came out amazing!!

AMAZING pictures! I love them :) Thank you for sharing!

Thank you both :goodvibes

Oh I am SO having the same thing with my Mom. She wants to buy tattoo cover-up kits, arm band jewellery etc to get me to cover my tattoo but I've refused. I have compromised and am getting curly hair extensions a veil to cover my back (I have a large back piece) to try and keep her quiet! I thought your tattoos looked lovely by the way :goodvibes

Well... I had bought some dermablend to cover my back pieces but... urm... left it in England and then decided once we were in Orlando that I wasn't going to bother buying any more! My veil pretty much covered them, but our photographer kept pulling the veil back so he could photograph them and they came out pretty cool!

I absolutely love the phone of you standing on the beach with the moon behind you. It is amazing! You look so stunning!:goodvibes

The one your hubby loves is my favorite too!! :lovestruc :goodvibes :love:

Just stunning!!! I love ALL your photos so far! Especially the one of you in the moonlight! I remember your bouquet from your PJ! It was even more beautiful on your wedding day!!! Can't wait to see more!! :yay:

Thank you all! I love the beach shots the best too! We had tons of fun and methinks it shows on the photos!

Welcome home and congratulations. Tell us all the details. Those photos are absolutley stunning. You look gorgeous in them all.

Oh i'll be here forever with all the details! I'm not really one for trip reports... it takes me all my time to remember where I ate yesterday but hopefully over the next few days i'll go through the wedding day and some highlights (and lowlights because there were some!) of the trip!

Welcome Back and Congratulations!

Your photos really are stunning, was your photographer for your Disney pics from Disney or an outside vendor? The colour of the sky in the beach photos is so so pretty :lovestruc and you're right, he managed to capture so many natural moments really really well. The lighting in the Chef's Domaine is a lovely colour too actually.

How was the Chef's Domaine? I think we are going to go for this location, provided our numbers stay small. Who did you contact to get the personalised menus? I would also love to see more of your table decorations, as your colours seem to be the same as ours and I didn't realise you could get Disney floral to decorate for you - sounds like a plan! Did you just contact the florist directly?

And the Grand 1 - would it be roomy enough for 11-14 of us? The photo of you all stood on the front of the yacht makes it seem like there is quite a bit of space outside, but my mum doesn't like boats and we may have just twisted her arm into actually coming to Florida (will find out on Friday, fingers crossed!) so I think we may stick with the Illuminations Morocco dessert party so my mum can keep her feet on solid ground - I can't expect her to brave the flight to Florida and then stick her on a boat once she gets there can I?! :rotfl: Would still be interested to know how many people you think would comfortably be able to watch the fireworks, just in case!

Sorry for all those questions - but I'm just dying to know it all!:goodvibes

Hiya hun!

This reply could take some time!! Hahahaha!

Our Photographer was an outside vendor who I found after browsing the internet looking for someone. Originally I was just going to be happy with the photos taken during the day at our ceremony, but then decided I wanted some more taking during the evening. To be honest, I contacted Randy but he was booked and Robert (our photographer) was the one person who I really connected with as we emailed back and forwards. I loved his portfolio so we went with him.

Chefs Domaine was fantastic! I was SO pleased with our choice to eat here. Hubby is a Chef and we are both fond of our food and our meal here was outstanding! Our photographer was present right through our dinner and got some great shots. He just set up his lighting in the corner and snapped away whilst we ate and chatted. The atmosphere in Citricos was really lovely. We had a couple of drinks at the bar before we headed into The Chefs Domaine, and everyone was really friendly

web-9512.jpg

web-9540.jpg

web-9616.jpg

I contacted Laura Kidd directly at Disney floral regarding the table, told her what colours I wanted and what flowers I would like including, and she did a great job. I have absolutely NO idea what we are stretching our arms out for... but you can see in the mirror the double doors that lead into the room from the main resturant. The room was actually a wee bit bigger than I expected it to be and appears alot more spacious because of the windows in there.

I think the Grand 1 will be plenty big enough for all of you. I have a load of photos taken on the yacht from our own cameras which give a much better idea of the roominess, but my Mum has my memory stick right now. For the whole of the fireworks the rest of our party sat upstairs on the bridge, and it was just me and mark sat downstairs on the back of the boat. They won't let you ride on the front of the boat though... The pictures taken of us standing there were taken before the yacht set sail. Apparently there are not enough handrails on the new yacht for them to allow passengers to sail sitting there.

I think I answered everything! The laundry is calling me now! LOL

Congratulations, I love all your photos. You look stunning and I love your dress it looks a little like mine.

Thank you! :goodvibes

Oh, sweetie! That special moment with the little girl being awestruck by you is just precious! You really did look gorgeous and I'm so glad that even objective third parties ;) made you know that! :goodvibes

I can't even describe how much like a Princess I felt that day waltzing around the GF... everyone was incredible but that little girl was just priceless

Your photos are amazing and you look fab!!!

I am going to try and get some sunset pictures especially now i have seen yours :lovestruc

Oh you should get some for sure!! I can't wait to get ours printed out so I can oggle them some more! LOL

Glad that the Chef's Domain and Grand 1 were great as those are the bits i'm stealing from you! But now I think I might also steal your hair style as I really like that as well! Have you got any close up photos?

Thanks for answering all my questions there, you sound like you had an amazing time of it all!

I love the rose petals and candles, I'm thinking perhaps we could just have those and then set mine and the girl's bouquets down as centerpieces! There might not be room for any other centerpieces!
Although floral might not be happy to do such little work, I would have to check, but they would be making the bouquets still.

It's hard to see the full length of the table, would you think 14 was a squish if we end up with that many?

Also, did you feed your photographer? :lmao: Sorry, I hope that didn't sound too rude, it's just that if we have space for Randy then it would be nice for him to eat too - although I would like him to take photos if he was there too! :rotfl: I can sort this out nearer the time though, as we probably won't know our definite numbers for a little while yet....

It's good to know we can fit on the yacht if need be - as I said though I should be kind to my mum really.....

What a beautiful bride! Great pictures. You make a very handsome couple/family. Congrats!!

Kristen

Thank you muchly!! I was most impressed with DS who looked so handsome and grown up! A big change from his usual attire of soccer shirts!!!

Glad that the Chef's Domain and Grand 1 were great as those are the bits i'm stealing from you! But now I think I might also steal your hair style as I really like that as well! Have you got any close up photos?

I'll have a good look through for some close ups, and i'll also post a photo of my hair how it usually looks! I have really curly hair, and she basically pulled the straighteners through it all.... pinned up the back, and then made controlled curls pretty high up. It took forever to get all of the hair grips out when we got back that night, and I swear it would still be in place now if I had left it alone!

Thanks for answering all my questions there, you sound like you had an amazing time of it all!

I love the rose petals and candles, I'm thinking perhaps we could just have those and then set mine and the girl's bouquets down as centerpieces! There might not be room for any other centerpieces!
Although floral might not be happy to do such little work, I would have to check, but they would be making the bouquets still.

It's hard to see the full length of the table, would you think 14 was a squish if we end up with that many?

Also, did you feed your photographer? :lmao: Sorry, I hope that didn't sound too rude, it's just that if we have space for Randy then it would be nice for him to eat too - although I would like him to take photos if he was there too! :rotfl: I can sort this out nearer the time though, as we probably won't know our definite numbers for a little while yet....

It's good to know we can fit on the yacht if need be - as I said though I should be kind to my mum really.....

I'm sure Disney floral will be fine with whatever you want! Just to let you know that The Chefs Domaine comes with no table linen. The actual table is a lovely piece of wood, but I wanted an ivory table cloth and claret napkins so those were hired via Disney floral as well.

There were 7 of us around the table and there was HEAPS of room left. I'm not convinced though that 14 would be seated comfortably. I think 5 down each side and 1 at each end giving you 12 would work... But perhaps they put in extensions if you need to seat more. Melissa Brower is one of the managers at Citricos and she was amazing! It was her who answered my endless questions and arranged our menus for us and she was simply brilliant... and absolutely lovely!! If you want her email address then I'll be more than happy to pm you it

Lastly... Nope, we didn't feed our photographer. If we had had him ALL day, then we would have done for sure... but we only had him from the start of dinner and the reason we wanted him was to take photos during dinner. Citricos were absolutely fine about him being there... the only request they made was that he didn't get in the way of the servers during dinner... which he didn't!

Thanks again for all this really useful info :goodvibes
I wonder what the table would look like if we just had an ivory runner down the middle of it to lay the flowers and candles on, but then we'd still be able to see the wood partly too...
I would love the email address for Melissa if you don't mind, however, presumably we'd have to wait until the 180 day mark after we'd booked our reservation in before we can contact her, and she may not be there in a years time! Did you get her email address from the dining reservations call centre?

I've forgotten, who did your hair and makeup? Was thinking of using Beaute Speciale, but I believe it was them that Orangetiggs used for her trial and she felt her hair was falling down. Mine is really thick and heavy, so the lady you had that used a million grips sounds good to me! ;)

Just thought of another question! How did you get on with your dress box, and taking it on the plane?

Also how much did the photographer charge? If I can afford it then I might book him as well as your photos are so gorgeous.

Looking forward to hearing your list of highs and lows althought i'm sorry to hear you had some lows.

Thanks again for all this really useful info :goodvibes
I wonder what the table would look like if we just had an ivory runner down the middle of it to lay the flowers and candles on, but then we'd still be able to see the wood partly too...
I would love the email address for Melissa if you don't mind, however, presumably we'd have to wait until the 180 day mark after we'd booked our reservation in before we can contact her, and she may not be there in a years time! Did you get her email address from the dining reservations call centre?

I've forgotten, who did your hair and makeup? Was thinking of using Beaute Speciale, but I believe it was them that Orangetiggs used for her trial and she felt her hair was falling down. Mine is really thick and heavy, so the lady you had that used a million grips sounds good to me! ;)

It was less than 180 days out when I booked through the dining reservations number, but I believe you can book directly with Citricos. I think The Chefs Domaine is a little known secret as 2 cast members I spoke to in central reservations didn't have a clue what I was talking about! I then contacted Citricos directly with some questions I had, was put through to an answer phone and I left a message with my email address and it was Melissa who contacted me. I'll send you a pm with her email address... Tell her Christina sent you :goodvibes

Lisa Pena did my hair and make-up, and she was actually the first person I booked before I found these boards! I was dreading it a bit having read a few bad reviews, but I have to say... She was excellent!! REALLY friendly and did exactly what I wanted! She also did my Mums and MIL's hair and make-up and had SUCH a different range of cosmetics to suit all of our skin. I just can't stress enough how pleased I was with her!

Just thought of another question! How did you get on with your dress box, and taking it on the plane?

Also how much did the photographer charge? If I can afford it then I might book him as well as your photos are so gorgeous.

Looking forward to hearing your list of highs and lows althought i'm sorry to hear you had some lows.

We flew premium economy with Virgin and the dress box wouldn't fit in the overhead lockers despite it being the right dimensions. I think this is probably because once you have the dress IN the box, then it makes the box slightly wider than it is when it is empty. There was no problem though... Virgin staff were brilliant and just took both the dress box, and a big holdall I took as carry on which contained my hoop, veil, shoes etc, and put it in the wardrobe at the back of the cabin.

The photographer was just short of $1200 and was with us for around 5 hours. Certainly not the cheapest photographer out there, but i'm overjoyed with what we got! That $1200 was for all our images on a memory stick and a DVD, plus the rights to do with them what we want. This is his website http://www.weddingsbyrobert.com/ He is pretty speedy to reply and will give you a much more accurate idea of how much he would charge for a full day etc

The lows aren't really that low! We had a great time but travelling with family can get a little tiring. Suffice to say i'm not exactly best friends with my MIL right now!!! Oops!!!!! :scared1:

Your pictures are so beautiful, I especially love the ones on the Grand I. It sounds like everything was a wonderful experience for you and your guests. I think it is so creative how you were able to incorporate a portion of your wedding at Disney without actually going through DFTW :)

EST_9670.jpg

I'm shoving my lippy on in the mirror of the Chefs Domaine! You get to see the front and the back at the same time though!

DSCF0637.jpg

Thats what it looked like first thing

... and I have no recent photos of what my hair is like at the moment on the computer. As soon as my mum sends me the memory stick of our holiday photos, then I will post one so you can see what a transformation it was!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter