• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Back from 1st Trip to DL- Thoughts

I'm in the travel industry, too, so I know what deal you got. I'm glad someone could take advantage of it, because it's such a great deal! They've had it before. I think they maybe have it every year at the same time, so keep your eyes open. ::yes::

I've been the last two Septembers because I've (luckily) had weddings to go to in the L.A. area ;) , and I really do love the park. DL's Fantasyland and Toontown are way better than WDW's, as well as POTC and Space Mountain. There's not even a comparison! I read that a lot of WDW execs went there and were ashamed at how much better a lot of the DL attractions were than theirs, and they were going to work on rehabbing WDW's. Maybe that's why HM is going down for 3 1/2 months? Hope so!!!

Oh, and try Taste Pilot in DCA over by Soarin'. Pretty good burgers! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the great review!

Our family has always had wonderful vacations at DL/DCA - WE LOVE IT THERE!

However, DH and I went for our first trip to WDW in January, and WE LOVED WDW TOO!

The great thing is that now we know we have TWO wonderful places to go for our family vacations. The bad thing is that it's going to be a hard decision every year on which Disney park (Disneyland or WDW) we want to visit.....if you can call that a BAD thing!:rotfl:

What a wonderful review! I'm so glad you liked DL! I know it sometimes gets a bad reputation from WDW regulars. So glad you didn't feel that way. DH & I grew up in SoCal so we've always been fortunate enough to frequent DL, but we've never been to WDW. Some day when our DD's are a little older we'll go.

We were just at DL on Friday to renew our AP's after having been without them for way over a year. I can't tell you how nice it is to have our AP's back. We're talking about going back next week. My mom asked, "Don't you guys ever get tired of DL?" I thought, how can we possibly get tired of it? I feel the "magic" each and every time I walk through the gates. I knew as a kid that I would always love DL, but I had no idea I would love it even more once I became a mom. To see DL through my DD's eyes is the absolute best!

Thank you for your wonderful review. It makes me feel grateful that we live so close to such a magical place. Hope you can come back soon!

Sasha :)
DD2, DD4 (Disney Fans In Training)

Summer of 2005 found my daughter, granddaughter (then 7) and myself at Disneyland before we boarded the Magic :goodvibes Disneyland put us in the mood for the Magic and it was a magical vacation :cool1: So everyone save you pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters and visit DLR before you board the Magic :wizard:

I read that a lot of WDW execs went there and were ashamed at how much better a lot of the DL attractions were than theirs, and they were going to work on rehabbing WDW's. Maybe that's why HM is going down for 3 1/2 months? Hope so!!!

WDW's hm was in some serious need of TLC. The soundtrack was garbled and out of synch. And it simply needs to be redone all the way through. We want faux dusty cobwebs not REAL dusty cobwebs.

COP, Sounds Dangerous, and Country bears in particular are in need of some serious TLC as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter