Baby Yoda Show season 2

Agreed! Carl Weathers is also very cool. He even directed that last episode.
Of course we all know his best known role as Apollo Creed. However, he did a lot of little parts here and there. He voiced Combat Carl in a few Toy Story movies, although the first Combat Carl just got blown up.

Back in the mid-80s he worked on a short-lived private detective drama called "Fortune Dane". It was set in Oakland but got dropped rather quickly because of poor ratings. He specifically picked out Oakland as the setting since he had played for the Raiders for parts of a couple of seasons before he seriously got into acting. I remember a static shot of a house which I recognized as one near where I lived. I don't think they filmed anything there other than a quick exterior shot of the house.

So there's a chance.

I will say I thought there would be more with Boba Fett, though it could be they're just saving him for later. I'm presuming he was the figure who appeared over Ming-na Wen's corpse in the Gunslinger episode from Season One.

Your instincts were correct.

Of course we all know his best known role as Apollo Creed. However, he did a lot of little parts here and there. He voiced Combat Carl in a few Toy Story movies, although the first Combat Carl just got blown up.

Back in the mid-80s he worked on a short-lived private detective drama called "Fortune Dane". It was set in Oakland but got dropped rather quickly because of poor ratings. He specifically picked out Oakland as the setting since he had played for the Raiders for parts of a couple of seasons before he seriously got into acting. I remember a static shot of a house which I recognized as one near where I lived. I don't think they filmed anything there other than a quick exterior shot of the house.
Yep, I remember him as Apollo, Carl (TS 4 and that one "spooky" themed TS short), and Dillon in Predator. Actually, in the Toy Story short, I want to say Combat Carl being a solider with a missing hand seemed like a direct nod to Predator (if you recall, he got his arm ripped off). Combat Carl was underrated!

Oh Carl Weathers was also in Action Jackson, which was a fun, cheesy 80's action flick. The villain was another Pixar actor, the great Craig T Nelson. I have not seen Fortune Dane but it sounds interesting if he was involved.

I was shocked at the credits - Robert Rodriguez directed this episode! If you recall, he did Desperado, From Dusk Til Dawn, and loads more action films.

There was one surprise after another. Seeing Slave I descending from the sky (and Boba Fett being confirmed), Mulan was still alive, Mando's ship gets blown up, Grogu gets kidnapped, the Dark Troopers...

Side note: the Dark Troopers were very surprising as they were originally in the old Dark Forces PC game. Last episode featured HK-87 droids, which were a newer model in the same series as HK-47, the assassin droid from the Knights of the Old Republic game. BrianL may be familiar with these.

Yep, I remember him as Apollo, Carl (TS 4 and that one "spooky" themed TS short), and Dillon in Predator. Actually, in the Toy Story short, I want to say Combat Carl being a solider with a missing hand seemed like a direct nod to Predator (if you recall, he got his arm ripped off). Combat Carl was underrated!

Oh Carl Weathers was also in Action Jackson, which was a fun, cheesy 80's action flick. The villain was another Pixar actor, the great Craig T Nelson. I have not seen Fortune Dane but it sounds interesting if he was involved.

I only paid attention to Fortune Dane because it was set in the Bay Area. I saw an interview where he indicated that he chose the setting. It was literally 6 episodes where the series was cancelled because of pathetically bad ratings.

Giancarlo Esposito used to play good guys. Other than maybe his bit in Malcolm X.
He was pretty evil in Breaking Bad as well. Bill Burr who plays Mayfield in The Mandalorian was also on BB. Love the casting on this show.

I *love* the crew member in the latest episode right at around the 18:50ish minute mark! $15 million an episode and they leave that in! Keep hitting those home runs Disney!
BTW: I love the show!
Disney actually removed the "jeans guy" on the Thursday following that episode. Poor Jeans Guy.

Can't wait to say the new episode tonight!

He was pretty evil in Breaking Bad as well. Bill Burr who plays Mayfield in The Mandalorian was also on BB. Love the casting on this show.
There was this little noticed show on Fox called Bakersfield, P.D. I think he was a former FBI agent who left when it was discovered that his son conceived by IVF was actually parented by the fertility treatment doctor. The premise was that it might not be good if his kid ever had a relationship with a half-sibling so they needed to move.

This last episode was fantastic!
There seemed to be a subtle nod to Sorcerer, a great 1977 William Friedkin (also directed The Excorcist) film about some criminals hiding out in South America and take a job moving volatile dynamic in rickety old trucks. The movie that came out the same month/year as Star Wars, and therefore hardly anyone saw it.

The officer Mando and Mayfield meet was played by Richard Brake. Brake and Pedro Pascal both have been in Game of Thrones (Brake played one of the earlier White Walkers in the series) and they've both been in one Kingsman film each. I love the casting on this show.

I still can't get over seeing Boba Fett and Slave I in action. Boba Fett's sonic bomb used against the tie fighters was a throwback to those used by Jango against Obi Wan in Attack of the Clones- and probably the best part of that whole movie!

I know so much useless information, which will come through more and more as I continue to post here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter