AVOID Disney Springs

We were there just recently on a Saturday (during the day), a Thursday (evening/night) and a Tuesday (afternoon). Every single day was pretty crowded, but Thursday night was super, super crowded. It was the Thursday before memorial day and the Tuesday after memorial day, so that may have affected the crowds. I haven't been to DS since May 2014 so I don't know for sure, but I do know that it was way more crowded this time around then back then.

We go one night during the week and some times on a afternoon for Earl and my new favorite Morimoto's.

Yes, we're thinking of going there to a restaurant on a Sunday night (arrival day). Interested in how crowded it is, too.
Someone mentioned it is still bad (not as bad as Friday and Saturday but still crowded) and I guess I can see that being Xmas season...? I switched my plans to go on a Tuesday night instead :)

If you are planning on going in the evening, I would definitely suggest taking the bus if you are on property. It is crowded, but parking is still the more difficult issue. I was there on Thursday night and all of the garages were full except for one, and it only have 100 something spaces left. I usually like to drive at Disney, but I was glad I decided to take the bus after I got a look at the parking situation.

Wasn't busy when I went with the kids this week, but it was boring. Only appeal is if you like to shop at high end stores. Outside of that, there's a Lego store, a bowling alley, restaurants and a theatre. Some people go on vacation to shop. Not me. :D Would like to see many more entertainment options to make it more worth visiting.

Wasn't busy when I went with the kids this week, but it was boring. Only appeal is if you like to shop at high end stores. Outside of that, there's a Lego store, a bowling alley, restaurants and a theatre. Some people go on vacation to shop. Not me. :D Would like to see many more entertainment options to make it more worth visiting.
the bulk of entertainment acts come out after 7pm, if you go before then you will miss them all. There are a lot of different acts and styles of entertainment

Well kind of. My girlfriend and I went to Disney Springs this past Saturday night, and it was absolute MAYHEM. You honestly could not navigate throughout the place without bumping into someone every 5 steps. Extremely crowded, and I know this is based on a few things. Saturday night, new attraction, free to locals and tourists, and busy season starting in Disney. It was more crowded than any park we attended during our stay. Anyone else have the same issue?

That's cause it's free to go there. Locals will come just hang out. Summer, spring break and Christmas always busy. Lots of people have free time then.

As a shopper:
I liked two stores. Everything else was like boutique stuff. Not Disney. I wasn't interested in it at all.

As a foodie:
They had yummy stuff to try.

As an adventure seeker:
The ballon ride was down when we were there cause of the weather. But other than that, there not much adventure in springs.

That's why we either go early or in the afternoon and leave by evening. Then it is still ok. But, I agree at night it is a nut house. Oh, we also do not go on weekends.

There are a few stores I love to go to and also we like the restaurants they have, especially the new ones are nice to try. So, we don't stay too long.

Here's a little stroll-around peek at how packed Disney Springs was a little bit ago...

We went on a Saturday Night and the following Thursday night in Mid-March (Spring Break). Both times it was super crowded. This was before Town Center opened up. We weren't expecting the kinds of crowds we experienced. It was indeed more crowded than any park during the week. We also went during the morning one day during the week, ate lunch, and felt like we had the place to ourselves. I agree with the poster who mentioned going with a purpose. We went to La Nouba and even with the crazy crowds, we felt like getting around was doable because we had a purpose...not just wandering around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter