AVOID Disney Springs

Disnerd6838

Mouseketeer
Well kind of. My girlfriend and I went to Disney Springs this past Saturday night, and it was absolute MAYHEM. You honestly could not navigate throughout the place without bumping into someone every 5 steps. Extremely crowded, and I know this is based on a few things. Saturday night, new attraction, free to locals and tourists, and busy season starting in Disney. It was more crowded than any park we attended during our stay. Anyone else have the same issue?

Yes, I have experienced a very crowded DS. Yes, more crowded than parks. But it wasn't a dangerous situation or anything to avoid per se.
I never go there to just walk around though, don't get the appeal of that. So if we are there it's for a purpose like to eat in something that is only there or to see a movie. I don't avoid it for that reason, I just do what we went for and leave.
For the record, pretty sure, even when it was DTD, the advice was never go on Saturday night. We never plan our things on Friday or Saturday nights.

We typically go early in the AM - have breakfast at EoS. Then lots of strolling around, window shopping, etc. We love Splitzville.

We have been there on a Friday/Saturday night during Spring Break and it was insanity. Way more crowded than any park I have been to...it was like trying to leave MK after Wishes, honestly..).

We just ride a bench/wall/whatever we can find until there seems to be a break in the crowd.

We will go at night - too many new restaurants to try for dinner, can't avoid it! We will attempt to make those reservations weeknights though.

Friday and Saturday nights have always been incredibly crowded there, even when it was Downtown Disney. Weeknights are much less crowded, and the ideal time to go is during the day, when it's almost wide-open and you can move freely and do what you want.

Last week we went DS before heading over to Epcot. Epcot was less crowded in the afternoon then DS.

I like DS better at night when all the acts come out and you can experience a lot of varied entertainment. It is more crowded though, but it ads to the party-like atmosphere.
Now if you just want to window shop, shop or eat then it's better during the daytime
I wanted to do this one night just to see it lit up at night... would Sunday night be too crowded? Seems like the only day we could fit it in...

I wanted to do this one night just to see it lit up at night... would Sunday night be too crowded? Seems like the only day we could fit it in...
Nights are just more crowded in general. Sunday night won't be as crowded as Saturday. A lot of locals visit on the weekends, plus people that go after the parks.

We went on a Thursday night in February. It was a low crowd time (no holiday or marathon weekend), and it wasn't all that bad. Crowded, but we could move easily. However, the bus wait was absolutely ridiculous. When we got in line it was already pretty big, and it just kept growing. We waited probably 40 minutes for a bus to All Stars. They just weren't coming, and the line was huge. They finally brought one bus, followed right behind by two at the same time. We just made it on the third one. They probably needed 4 more buses to get everyone back to the All Stars.

I was hoping the crowds on the weekends would be better with the new section open, but apparently not. I have been curious if this will be where the locals drop their teens off on a Friday or Saturday night. With it pretty much now being an outdoor shopping mall, it doesn't seem "tourists only" to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter