AVOID Disney Springs

We are going in the morning to shop and have lunch at TREX on the day we have MVMCP tickets. Like PPs said, I would avoid the place on weekend nights when possible if you don't like crowds.

Like others have said, we rarely go at night. We did that once and it was crazy busy and that was well before the expansion. We usually go first thing in the morning, have breakfast at Earl of Sandwich and then shop until lunch time.

We've always found this area to be busy - even when it was Downtown Disney before the renovations. Early mornings seem to be best. On this last trip we went down there on a Thursday night and even that was on the break of madness as far as the crowd went. We went down there to do shopping at the World of Disney and make light sabers at Once Upon a Toy. The walk over to the Lego store was thick with people and hard to keep track of the little ones. Kids loved the living statues we stumbled upon and the dance party though.
We always make a trip down there but it's always for something specific not just to wander around.

We are not fans of Disney Springs as a destination site. We have booked many an ADR at the TS restaurants but our usual MO is to arrive, walk to whichever restaurant, have a nice dinner, then hightail it out of there as fast as possible. We used to enjoy Pleasure Island back in the day, but the emphasis on just shopping and eating doesn't appeal to us to spend anytime there beyond our dining ADR. After the parks close, we prefer spending the rest of the evening in our resort lounge rather than Disney Springs.

I wanted to do this one night just to see it lit up at night... would Sunday night be too crowded? Seems like the only day we could fit it in...

In our experience, Friday, Saturday AND Sunday nights are crazy! Way worse than trying to navigate Main Street during parade time! If you want to walk around, shop and sightsee, you're better off trying a weekday morning/very early afternoon. If you just want to have dinner on a weekend, plan on only going to and from the restaurant; trying to do anything else might be difficult!

But, as always, your mileage may vary!

In our experience, Friday, Saturday AND Sunday nights are crazy! Way worse than trying to navigate Main Street during parade time! If you want to walk around, shop and sightsee, you're better off trying a weekday morning/very early afternoon. If you just want to have dinner on a weekend, plan on only going to and from the restaurant; trying to do anything else might be difficult!

But, as always, your mileage may vary!
Thanks so much for the advise! Now to try to rearrange my plans... I initially had DS for Tuesday night...

We gave up trying to go there in the afternoons/evenings. We'll only go there now if we can get there first thing in the morning, a little bit before everything opens and before the late risers start flocking in.

Call me crazy, but I miss the good old days when you could leave a park in the afternoon and stop by Downtown Disney and actually escape the crowds for awhile.

For those that only go during the morning/early afternoon times remember you are missing a lot of entertainment. If you only want to go to shop and/or eat at a specific place then go early but if you want to experience everything they have to offer at DS night time is the time to go.

We went on a Saturday night last September, before all of the new stuff. Big mistake lol. We had an ADR for rainforest cafe and still had to wait an extra half hour. Plus, they were telling people walking up for a table that the wait was 3 hours! Too crowded everywhere to really enjoy anything. I won't make that mistake again. Gonna try to go during the day on a weekday on our next trip.

I do DS on a nonpark day. I get down there about 10AM or so, eat lunch at WGP Express, do some shopping, have dinner at Raglan Road, and then grab a treat from Goofy's on the way back to the hotel.

We went about a month ago in the afternoon, beautiful day. Yes lots of people, but nothing that was overly *crowded*

AKK

Well kind of. My girlfriend and I went to Disney Springs this past Saturday night, and it was absolute MAYHEM. You honestly could not navigate throughout the place without bumping into someone every 5 steps. Extremely crowded, and I know this is based on a few things. Saturday night, new attraction, free to locals and tourists, and busy season starting in Disney. It was more crowded than any park we attended during our stay. Anyone else have the same issue?
I was there with my family on Saturday night too and I agree, it was absolute MAYHEM! It was really gorgeous, but so packed. Plus, it was HOT and humid - not the best combination.

Just wanted to let you know that your thread made it to the DIS Daily Fix yesterday! :)

My family and I were there on Monday afternoon (1pm or so) and it seemed pretty slow, except for World of Disney -- which was hectic -- and a large line for the new cupcake joint.

I have only been there at night. The usual plan is maybe supper at Earl of Sandwich, a quick tour around World of Disney,and a couple other stores, and if I'm lucky something good from Ghiradelli. Then we are out and headed back to the resort. The times I have walked the length of DS (nee' DtD) I have regretted it because of all the people crammed in there.

Never go on the weekends. We usually stop by for a few hours mid-week. Weekends you're lucky if you can even park within a mile of the shops.

I pretty much only go there during the evenings. The plan is to head there June 18th with the family once we arrive at Disney instead of doing a park that evening - we are only going for 4 days so there isn't another good day to go unless we want to give up doing evenings in the parks.

I will just have to play it by ear. I'm a planner who prefers to travel to Disney solo so this may just be the first of many annoying things this trip or it could turn out to be a good thing. LOL

I bet that a lot of locals are checking it out. Hopefully it'll settle down because we enjoy a few of the restaurants there and hope to try a few more.

How many restaurants are there now? It seems like they open a half dozen new ones every week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter