Average price of adult beverages on DCL?

jpeka65844

DIS Veteran
DH and I are putting together our spending money for PCC 3.0 and were wondering about the typical cost of alcohol.

What can we expect to pay for a fruity drink or beer?

We were estimating in the $7-10 range......

That's the right range for drinks.

I noticed the OP mentioned "spending money" though. You do not pay cash for drinks at the bars (or anywhere) while on board or on Castaway Cay. You charge them to your cabin.

That's the right range for drinks.

I noticed the OP mentioned "spending money" though. You do not pay cash for drinks at the bars (or anywhere) while on board or on Castaway Cay. You charge them to your cabin.

Oh I know.....let's just say we're "setting limits". :lmao:

Thanks for posting this - the drink prices aren't all that bad. Generally about what a hotel would charge and a little bit under airport prices.

There are jars for cash tips, though, aren't there?

Never saw tip jars on board. You typically add tips to the bill when you sign.

About the only time you may want cash for tips on board is if you order room service but even then you can just add it to the slip.

Are the virgin prices about the same for piña colada, etc? Not nearly as fun, but a must when one is expecting! ;) We won't be on this cruise, but will be on the Fantasy in August.

I believe they automatically add a tip (can't remember if it's 15% or 18%) to the bar tabs.

Are the virgin prices about the same for piña colada, etc? Not nearly as fun, but a must when one is expecting! ;) We won't be on this cruise, but will be on the Fantasy in August.

Congrats Cynthia! :cloud9: Mike and I will be on 3.0, and I'll ask and report back. :goodvibes

Haven't bought one in a while, but the virgin prices have been significantly lower than the alcoholic versions. A virgin Konk Kooler is still delicious.

Congratulations!

Kathy

Here's a question for those that were on 3.0 and can help those of us going on 4.0 to plan. I also am setting my budget so I can start putting money to pay off the credit card charges when I return.

Do the prices on the menu include tax? I saw in a post above that they will automatically include a tip of around 18% but I should I also include a tax amount in my budget?

TIA! Hope you guys all had a great time. I am really looking forward to PCC 4.0.

stitchlover said:
Here's a question for those that were on 3.0 and can help those of us going on 4.0 to plan. I also am setting my budget so I can start putting money to pay off the credit card charges when I return.

Do the prices on the menu include tax? I saw in a post above that they will automatically include a tip of around 18% but I should I also include a tax amount in my budget?

TIA! Hope you guys all had a great time. I am really looking forward to PCC 4.0.

Here's some info for you-

The drink of the day is $3.95. Adding in the charges, the receipt they bring you to sign is $4.89. I always add in 11 cents and round it up to $5.

One day, on the pool deck, Mai Tais were 2-for-1, at $5.50 (not the drink of the day). I can't remember exact amounts, but the receipt was for $6.6something and I remember adding 30some cents to even it out to $7. Not bad for 2 Mai Tais!!

Also, on CC day, drinks were 2-for-1 from 2:15-3:15 & it was any drink!!! This was a great deal, as we got 2 drinks of the day (Bahama Mama) for $5 total!!!

Hope this helps!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks! That helps me have an idea of what I need to be budgeting for the credit card bill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter