• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Autograph and Signing Sessions

I have a CD boxed set (Mermaid/BATB/Aladdin) that came autographed by Alan Menken and Tim Rice. I wonder if she'll add her signature to that...oh, but then I'd need to hunt down Paige O'Hara too. :)

My daughter's friend LOVES Jodi Benson & has a lot of memorabilia about her, and was on the way to a concert to see her, when her boyfriend was rear-ended earlier this year, causing her to miss the concert (they were both okay). She cried.

I told Kelly to tell her friend I'll have Jodi Benson autograph something for her (instead of asking her to autograph something for me). I told Kelly to make a flattie of her friend & we'll hopefully take a picture of Jodi & the flattie friend. If we can't do that, we'll ask her if she can sign the flattie.

My daughter's friend LOVES Jodi Benson & has a lot of memorabilia about her, and was on the way to a concert to see her, when her boyfriend was rear-ended earlier this year, causing her to miss the concert (they were both okay). She cried.

I told Kelly to tell her friend I'll have Jodi Benson autograph something for her (instead of asking her to autograph something for me). I told Kelly to make a flattie of her friend & we'll hopefully take a picture of Jodi & the flattie friend. If we can't do that, we'll ask her if she can sign the flattie.

How nice of you to do that for Kelly's friend!

Both Charles Ridgeway and Lee Cockerell have books, which I may pick up at Amazon ahead of time (more $ for drinks onboard). I don't know what to do for Bob Gurr.

For Jodi Benson, I've been thinking about my OBC cd for Crazy for You, or a Jim Shore Ariel figurine, or a Little Mermaid cd or dvd, or.......

The mind wobbles..

Both Charles Ridgeway and Lee Cockerell have books, which I may pick up at Amazon ahead of time (more $ for drinks onboard). I don't know what to do for Bob Gurr.

For Jodi Benson, I've been thinking about my OBC cd for Crazy for You, or a Jim Shore Ariel figurine, or a Little Mermaid cd or dvd, or.......

The mind wobbles..

Lee autographed his book for me on PCC 1.0.

I am going to bring my photo from my graduation from the WDW College Program, where Lee was the keynote speaker. It is not the best photo of either of us, but its something.

Charles Ridgeway's book sounds like a good idea.

Now Bob Gurr.....:scratchin
I like Mike's idea about a monorail, but can you find a DL style one in WDW?

Lee autographed his book for me on PCC 1.0.

I am going to bring my photo from my graduation from the WDW College Program, where Lee was the keynote speaker. It is not the best photo of either of us, but its something.

Charles Ridgeway's book sounds like a good idea.

Now Bob Gurr.....:scratchin
I like Mike's idea about a monorail, but can you find a DL style one in WDW?

My guess is a Monorail would have to go as checked luggage on the plane. I am flying American. $20 for the first bag, $25 for the second...I wonder how much a monorail would be? Just might have to have that shipped to the ship....

SPOILER ALERT - DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT TO BE SURPRISED ABOUT STATEROOM GIFT!!

I know many of you are speculating what to bring to have our invited guests sign on the cruise. I wanted to give you a little information that may save some of you some money.

One of the stateroom gifts will be a copy of Charlie Ridgeway's book - Spinning Disney's World - courtesy of Dreams Unlimited Travel. You are welcome to bring this to the autograph session for him to sign. There will be one book per stateroom - not per person - and there will be additional copies for sale in the gift shops in case you want more than one.

I won't tell you what else will be in your stateroom gift because I don't want to spoiler the surprise any more than I have - plus I don't think anyone would think to buy these things and bring them on the cruise.

Last cruise we gave away Lee Cockerells's book but we won't be doing that this year. However, copies of Lee's book will also be available for sale onboard for those of you who want to get a signed copy during the autograph session.

SPOILER ALERT - DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT TO BE SURPRISED ABOUT STATEROOM GIFT!!

I know many of you are speculating what to bring to have our invited guests sign on the cruise. I wanted to give you a little information that may save some of you some money.

One of the stateroom gifts will be a copy of Charlie Ridgeway's book - Spinning Disney's World - courtesy of Dreams Unlimited Travel. You are welcome to bring this to the autograph session for him to sign. There will be one book per stateroom - not per person - and there will be additional copies for sale in the gift shops in case you want more than one.

I won't tell you what else will be in your stateroom gift because I don't want to spoiler the surprise any more than I have - plus I don't think anyone would think to buy these things and bring them on the cruise.

Last cruise we gave away Lee Cockerells's book but we won't be doing that this year. However, copies of Lee's book will also be available for sale onboard for those of you who want to get a signed copy during the autograph session.

What about in cases where two non-related diser's are sharing a stateroom as in the case like Lyn & Myself?

What about in cases where two non-related diser's are sharing a stateroom as in the case like Lyn & Myself?

For PCC 1.0 Chris and I each got a swag bag, and each got the book. I would hazard a guess that the same thing would happen this time?

Thanks John! I was just at Borders the other day looking to buy that book. They didn't have it in stock anyway, so it worked out that I wasn't able to get it.

Because of logistics we can only put one bag of goodies per stateroom. We will have extra's for non-related folks sharing a room. Just come and see us and we'll make sure you get one.

If you are fortunate to have any of the old E-Ticket Magazines, there are several articles on Bob Gurr in them. Unfortunately they are out of print, but are available on eBay.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_tr...w=e+ticket+magazine&_sacat=See-All-Categories

And BTW - don't call him Mr. Gurr. I got quite the scolding from him when I did that on our first meeting! :rotfl: He's BOB! ;)

His teasing was all charming and he really is a wonderful man. I may print out and bring the photo I have of him from the E-Ticket Magazine Farewell/Griffith Park Carousel party. You know, he has spent a lot of time refurbishing that inspirational piece of history! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter