• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Autograph and Signing Sessions

It is a great book!!!! You will be fascinated by all his stories. I hated to see the book end. I can't wait to meet him in person.

I would love it if Jodi could sign an Ariel t-shirt I have :lovestruc Oh maybe the DVD too :idea:

If you have a fabric/laundry marker, bring it. It's helpful for that. I have a Little Mermaid tshirt Jodi signed for me YEARS ago. Never wore the shirt. :goodvibes The signature is still vivid.

Hi everyone,

I will be on this cruise with my DH. We've been trying to think of something special for Jodi to sign. What do you think of this - I have the Precious Moments DCL exclusive figurine of Ariel holding the Disney ship. Do you think it would be a good idea for Jodi to sign the bottom of the figurine?

SPOILER ALERT - DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT TO BE SURPRISED ABOUT STATEROOM GIFT!!

One of the stateroom gifts will be a copy of Charlie Ridgeway's book - Spinning Disney's World - courtesy of Dreams Unlimited Travel. You are welcome to bring this to the autograph session for him to sign. There will be one book per stateroom - not per person - and there will be additional copies for sale in the gift shops in case you want more than one.

Awesome !!!!!!!

Cool news about the book. Thanks to the DIS. Now for an idea about Jodie Benson. I will have to look and see what Little Mermaid stuff I have.

Kim

If you have a fabric/laundry marker, bring it. It's helpful for that. I have a Little Mermaid tshirt Jodi signed for me YEARS ago. Never wore the shirt. :goodvibes The signature is still vivid.

Do you think a sharpie would be ok? I wouldn't wash it or wear it once signed.

Yes, I think a Sharpie would be ok if you're not going to wear or wash it. I'd also bring the book to put between the shirt for the area being signed. For one thing, it gives a flat surface to write on, and second, it will prevent the marker from bleeding through to the other side of the shirt. :thumbsup2

Yes, I think a Sharpie would be ok if you're not going to wear or wash it. I'd also bring the book to put between the shirt for the area being signed. For one thing, it gives a flat surface to write on, and second, it will prevent the marker from bleeding through to the other side of the shirt. :thumbsup2

Funny... I ordered Sharpies today too. In four colors...

I found both books online at Amazon for Bob Gurr and Lee Cockerell.....would that be the best way to go, or wait and buy them on board the ship?

Thanks :thumbsup2 I will bring a large piece of card (which I can also use to keep the Little Mermaid DVD cover flat when travelling :goodvibes), that should work. I would guess she will have a table as Lee Cockerall did on the first PCC?

I found both books online at Amazon for Bob Gurr and Lee Cockerell.....would that be the best way to go, or wait and buy them on board the ship?

Depends. If you buy them now, you know how much they will cost and that you will have them before we sail. That said, you would need to lug them down with you.
If you buy them on the ship, they should in theory be the price on the cover, but you never know. And the shops are only open when we are in international waters.

Just went to the Disney Store in Times Square and I saw pics of the D23 event where Jodi signed boxes of the Ariel doll. The princess dolls they have in the store right now sing the songs from the movie with the original voices. My friend's daughter is currently obsessed with the Little Mermaid and an autographed Ariel is surely a great collectible! If not, there's always Toy Story Barbie, which a cast member told me she was surprised by! lol!

I'm just wondering how to do it logistically..the doll's box is slightly bigger than a standard barbie box...

Other ideas for me include cds or lithos...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter