Aunty's Beach House and Hotel Room request

SprinkMM

Earning My Ears
We are coming in April and had originally booked Aulani because of Aunty's beach house and what it offered. Does anyone know if and when it will be opened?

We are booked in the Wailana tower because we have good a garden view room, are any rooms there better than others that we could request?

We are coming in April and had originally booked Aulani because of Aunty's beach house and what it offered. Does anyone know if and when it will be opened?

people have been hoping for some update, but there’s been no official word. Although other resorts have chosen to open their kids clubs, Aulani has provided no updates.

could be a COVID staffing issue, could be shifting Hawaii regulations, could be Disney wanting to take no chances of a kid activity related outbreak.

We’re traveling in August and will be really disappointed if it’s not open by then. Hope it open up for your trip, but it’s not looking good.

States seem to be relaxing their COVID restrictions so hopefully Aunty's Beach House will be open by then.

What didn't make sense not being opened is the lounge where you could shower and store luggage while you enjoy the resort. To me that was such an amazing feature to have.

States seem to be relaxing their COVID restrictions so hopefully Aunty's Beach House will be open by then.

What didn't make sense not being opened is the lounge where you could shower and store luggage while you enjoy the resort. To me that was such an amazing feature to have.

The Marriott's lounge hasn't reopened either and we definitely missed it as well. I don't know about the Aulani lounge, but the Marriott lounge is large enough for a few groups in at a time. Because of COVID restrictions, they would only be allowed one family in at a time and would have to clean after each group left the lounge as well as not allow another group in for an extended amount of time. The person said that basically the restrictions would only allow a few families in during the day and the logistics of reserving the lounge and everything else wasn't something that was high on their priority list when the resources could be used elsewhere.

You can still store your bags with bell services, but the lounge itself would have deep cleaning requirements in between parties that would make it unviable to operate right now. It would constantly be down for cleaning.

I would not plan a trip based on if they have child care. After raising 2 kids, I can tell you that they change their minds about what they like and want to do. I had one that loved the kids clubs on the cruise and one that hated them and refused to go and just wanted to do the other activities. Even if Aunty's is open, they are still limited on how many kids can get in and I remember many people complaining about how they could not get their kids in because it filled up. Do we not remember those huge lines in the morning of parents waiting to sign their kid's up? What if you get there and are unable to get your kids in, what then?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter