• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 5, 2012 Dream 5 Night Double Dip

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :thumbsup2

Have a great cruise!

My DH and I are booked, along with our DD (6). It'll be our third Disney cruise (Wonder in 2010, Magic in 2011) and are looking forward to checking out the Dream.

I just got an update for this thread. I'm glad others have joined it!

I'm Danielle and I'll be sailing with my husband Derek, then ds15 Keegan and then ds11 Brennan. It will be our 16th DCL cruise. We really love DCL, especially double dips and the Dream.

I just booked our pre-cruise stay for our August cruise this morning. We are DVC owners and booked at Jambo House. We have a 1 bedroom villa right now for 2 days and a studio in concierge one night. We are wait listed for concierge for the other 2 days. I can book the 2 days post cruise on the 10th when my 11 month booking window opens. We will try for club level that time too and Jambo or Kidani if it's not available. We really love staying concierge if we have the chance, as it's not many more points than other rooms there.

I am booked on the August 1st cruise but am thinking of changing to this one or the December cruise out of LA. I've been on the Dream 2 times and absolutely love this ship. DW and I are letting our niece decide which trip she'd like to take. I hope to join you all for this cruise...take care
Deepirate:

My folks will be celebrating their 50th and my sister's family and my own will be along for the adventure. EVERYONE's first cruise so we're working diligently to get our cruising ducks in a row. We have done The World together, but this is a whole other deal. I'm eager to have the experience, but feel a bit clueless. Birth Certifs came a week or so ago and I hope to get the ball rolling on passports during the Christmas holiday ! Ye-ha... :woohoo:

Just booked and traveling with DS (7). We did a Double Dip on the Dream in June and have a wonderful time.

So please excuse the 'cruising newb' question... but, besides relaxing at poolside. How do you fill your days on the boat ? I imagine DS9 and his cousins will enjoy some time in the kids club. But what do we bigger kids do ?

TIA to those who have taken to the high seas with The Mouse previously. :worship:

So please excuse the 'cruising newb' question... but, besides relaxing at poolside. How do you fill your days on the boat ? I imagine DS9 and his cousins will enjoy some time in the kids club. But what do we bigger kids do ?

TIA to those who have taken to the high seas with The Mouse previously. :worship:
If you look under the sticky FAQ you will find a link to previous Navigators. That will give you a good idea of the activities offered for kids, adults and families to do. Personally, my favorite sea day past time is a spa appointment, followed by a nap. I do not want to over stress myself on vacation :goodvibes

We booked this cruise last week. We did our first ever cruise last November and got hooked.

We had a tough time deciding whether to do the pre-booking onboard because we weren't sure when we'd be able to do another cruise, so we left without taking advantage of the discount. However, luck was on our side, because when we decided to book this cruise, we received a package in the mail from DCL which contained the same discount we would have received while booking onboard. YAYYYY DCL!!!!! Perfect timing.

It was also coincidental that we booked this cruise and our last cruise on the exact same day.... January 4th.

We will be celebrating our 23rd wedding anniversary on this cruise.

We had two sea days on our last cruise and had no problem finding things to keep us occupied. There are lots of seminars, games, trivia, classes, etc throughout the day in various parts of the ship, both for families, or adults only. We had classes on how to draw characters, how to make some of the desserts, how to fold the napkins into animals/tuxedos/flowers, etc. And of course there is the big screen theater running movies all day long.

DS10 and I hope to do some pin trading with cast members and any other passengers who might be interested. Anyone planning on bringing their pins this August ? I know there's the officer night and the book or board that's in the shopping area. Would be nice if DCL set up a venue for cruisers to swap if they were so inclined.

We just cancelled this cruise.

We ended up deciding to head out to the West coast. We are doing Disneyland for the 1st time, along with 2 weeks traveling between Las Vegas, San Francisco, LA and San Diego this August. We also booked the Eastern Med for July 2013. I hope you all have a great cruise!

My son has sailed on 2 other Disney Cruises and we also will be on this cruise, he will be 17 yo when we sail and is very excited. Trust me your son will have a blast and you will barely see your kids. :) By the way, we are from MD also!

Adding a second cabin and now husband and 16 year old son will be coming too. I'm a little worried about him and the idea of s Disney cruise.

My son has sailed on 2 other Disney Cruises and we also will be on this cruise, he will be 17 yo when we sail and is very excited. Trust me your son will have a blast and you will barely see your kids. By the way, we are from MD also!

My DF and I will be on this cruise! We are getting married on the ship followed by a week in the World :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter