August 15-24 trippers UNITE!

Gorechick

DIS Veteran
This thread is for all of us August trippers awaiting a public discount for August 15-24. Currently there are none and we are paying full rack rate for everything. Unfortunately, I can't change my dates to take advantage of either offer, so I have to wait it out with everyone else and see if some pixie dust comes our way. We can vent and offer each other support on this thread. :thumbsup2

august 10th-19th....as movies...no discount for me either on these dates..value resort ends 8/4..... lets keep hoping..:headache:

Aug 15 - 26th. On of the downsides to being a teacher is the limited time to take a family vacation.

Hopefully Disney has something special in store for those two weeks.

Same here. My husband is also a teacher. We are planning a big family trip 8/17-8/24. There is 16 in all going. Unfortunately, we can not change the date because my husband starts work the following week. We were really hoping that we would have had free dining, but now we are just hoping for any discount. However, we would like something better than 5%.

We cannot change our dates either, 8/17-8/24, so we are in the same boat with you all. I can't believe we are back to waiting and we will probably have to wait till after June 14th.:mad: Maybe they will start sending out pins for our dates now. I am going back to calling everyday until I get a some kind of discount.

p.s. hello NYS

Seems like all us teachers picked the unlucky week. I'm having surgery right after we get out of school and that gives me 8 weeks to recover and hit WDW right before I go back.

I am a Disney TA and I spoke to someone in central reservations about this and they are baffled as well - no real explanation as to why this timeframe is blocked out. We had already booked airline tickets for August 17th-24th so we are still going. I lucked out since my father is traveling with us and he did receive a pin for free quick service dining that covers our trip. Otherwise, we would have had to switch to a moderate. Disney needs to get the discounts rolling already, that week is considered value season!

We're doing a split stay with Universal 8/17-25. We were planning to do Disney for only 4 nights 8/21-25 Ft. Wilderness Cabins. Rack is $289 a night! Yikes! Even with a measly AAA discount, it's still a bit pricey. If no 30% pin, I guess I'll keep the ressie I made yesterday for Homewood Suites, LBV! Looks beautiful on website and for only $107 a night, can't beat it!! So there, Disney!!

Jumping aboard the train here....Im at a loss why our week has been skipped...Im not booking with Disney until an offer comes out..I know at this time offsite hotels have great deals so Im sure I will snag something if a Disney offer dosnt come up. I may be wrong in saying this...but going by past years...all the offers for August are generally out by now so Im not holding out much hope...sorry to be so negative guys, Im keeping my fingers crossed Im wrong.

We're doing a split stay with Universal 8/17-25. We were planning to do Disney for only 4 nights 8/21-25 Ft. Wilderness Cabins. Rack is $289 a night! Yikes! Even with a measly AAA discount, it's still a bit pricey. If no 30% pin, I guess I'll keep the ressie I made yesterday for Homewood Suites, LBV! Looks beautiful on website and for only $107 a night, can't beat it!! So there, Disney!!

:scared: $289 for the cabins!?!? Holy Moley!!

We're here with ya! Maybe we'll get the lowest crowds of the year in return for no discount!

It's kinda crazy. I think they intended to start free dining earlier and changed their mind!

I got 20% from AAA on a cabin. Same as the gp discount that ends on the 14th so I'm okay with it but we were actually considering free dining for this trip so it was a little disappointing.

Here is a theory:

Obviously discounts are released to spur on bookings for slower times. So, it would stand to reason that if everyone books rooms & packages in hopes of discounts, thus filling up rooms without any discounts, then Disney wouldn't release discounts for that week. As far as Disney sees that week is booking fine without any discounting needed.

Thanks for the info on the AAA discount on cabins. I thought it was only 10%.

I think it varies based on the time of year. I just checked to make sure I'm really getting 20% LOL - I am. The first few nights are priced at $300 a night, I'm paying $240, the weekend days are $315, I'm paying $252, and the last few days are $285, I'm paying $228. Whew! Too complicated but I"m glad I'm getting 20%.

I think 10% is the minimum for the values. In the past, the cabins got a discount just like the villas, so maybe that's the way it works for AAA. I'm glad it does!

For those of you who don't have a discount, I hope you get one soon! Or try calling for a AAA discount, it will cost you $55 to join but it's still better than nothing! You don't need the membership number when you reserve, but you'll have to call back with it and possibly show it at check-in.

Disney let AOA in on the free dining so isn't it about time they included Aug. 15-24 in on it too.

OK, so I priced out the same room only ressie for Aug. 10-18 online and it will save me about $250 if I can change from Aug. 17-24.

I called last week to speak to them about the discount rates and questioned why that week was skipped, we go down the same week every year and book 4 rooms. She said that they still had time to put out a discount for that week and it would probably come out in June. I agree with everyones frustration it just seems so strange and it really does impact your reservations. Is there someone we could write to about that week? We seem to all by loyal DisneyWorlders!!!

Hoping something comes out soon!!!

Im hoping that when this current free dining rate expires on May 18th that they issue another discount on May 19th that covers August 15th-29th. Here's hoping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter