• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 10, 2012 Disney Dream

We are going to venture over to the dark side pre cruise.......we want to check out the Wizarding World of Harry Potter

We are trying to do a quick trip to Universal this month. The kids have a long weekend between semesters, and we got some inexpensive airline tickets. We have never been to Universal, and we have never flown to Florida (we have only driven the 13-14 hour trek), so this will be a fun treat, assuming there isn't any big east coast snow storm that squelches our plans!

Yes !!! We finally found reasonable rates for our flights to the States and booked them immediately !! :cool1:
So it's final: we will join this double dip sailing on the Disney Dream !!
Now we still need to pick a hotel for our stay at WDW, but we guess we still have some time for that ...

Yes !!! We finally found reasonable rates for our flights to the States and booked them immediately !! :cool1:
So it's final: we will join this double dip sailing on the Disney Dream !!
Now we still need to pick a hotel for our stay at WDW, but we guess we still have some time for that ...

Yay! Which other cruise will you be on...the one before, or the one after this one?

So it's more like a "double Cay" then? :lmao: I keep hearing such great things about Castaway Cay. Apparently, they have added a lot more to do over the past year, and re-modeled the waterpark area. I have never been, but those who have keep telling me how lucky we are to go there twice!:cool1:

So it's more like a "double Cay" then? :lmao: I keep hearing such great things about Castaway Cay. Apparently, they have added a lot more to do over the past year, and re-modeled the waterpark area. I have never been, but those who have keep telling me how lucky we are to go there twice!:cool1:

Yes, we're also very curious for the changes on CC; for us it's been since 2000 that we were there. It was then already extraordinary, but I guess there's still much more to do and see now. We chose this cruise for two reasons: to sail finally the Dream (witch we saw building in Papenburg, Germany) and to be twice on Castaway Cay !!

Hello Camping Griswalds! I assume you will be will you be joining us on the cruise as well? Whoo hoo...another Marylander! Looks like we will be well represented on this cruise!

How many of you will be joining us?

Glad to see there has been some traffic here. We are getting very excited about the trip now that we are less than seven months out. Got hotel booked pre-cruise, have airline tickets, now we need to book cars and/or transportation from Orlando. Any suggestions on how best to move 27 people from Orlando to the port?

We're getting all organized with final plans as well. :thumbsup2 We're spending three nights at Disneyworld before the cruise and will drive to the port. Since we have 14 in our group, we're all doing different things. One group will be going to Universal area for 5 pre-cruise nights - flying down and renting a car and will return car at port. Second family group will fly down and spend one pre-cruise night at Disney - not sure yet how we will get them to the port. Other family group will also drive down and spend three pre-cruise nights at Disneyworld.

I would like to be able to have all 14 of us board together, but don't know how to work that. I guess we could just meet at the port and try to sign in together??

Gail

More questions _

How do they work large families eating dinner together? I doubt they will have a table for 14. Will they just give us two tables next to each other?

Do you all buy insurance for this cruise? We've always bought travel insurance for our cruises, but we've never gone on one this short. Will have to make a decision before final payment in May.

I also plan to pre-pay for tips - do any of you do that?

We are also interested in doing the FE. We have never done one before. I guess we should start getting one organized, huh? Anyone out there experienced at this want to head that up?

Gail, our AAA travel agent said that when she went on the dream last June, there were 16 of them and they usually put them at 2 tables of 8 which were next to each other. Yes, we bought trip insurance. Better safe than sorry, especially when traveling out of the country/on a cruise. If an emergency happens where you have to fly home or be helicoptered off of the ship, I would want insurance to handle that rather than have to pay that out of pocket! As for transportation to the cruise port from Disney, they do have a bus from the resort. You do have to pay a fee for it, and book it ahead of time.

I am really getting excited! We did a long weekend trip to Orlando this past weekend. It was beautiful, warm, sunny all 4 days! We went to Universal and Disney. We saw several Disney cruise line buses when we were down there, and I was surprised how much just seeing those buses got us excited for the cruise!:yay:

We are also interested in doing the FE. We have never done one before. I guess we should start getting one organized, huh? Anyone out there experienced at this want to head that up?

Gail, our AAA travel agent said that when she went on the dream last June, there were 16 of them and they usually put them at 2 tables of 8 which were next to each other. Yes, we bought trip insurance. Better safe than sorry, especially when traveling out of the country/on a cruise. If an emergency happens where you have to fly home or be helicoptered off of the ship, I would want insurance to handle that rather than have to pay that out of pocket! As for transportation to the cruise port from Disney, they do have a bus from the resort. You do have to pay a fee for it, and book it ahead of time.

I am really getting excited! We did a long weekend trip to Orlando this past weekend. It was beautiful, warm, sunny all 4 days! We went to Universal and Disney. We saw several Disney cruise line buses when we were down there, and I was surprised how much just seeing those buses got us excited for the cruise!:yay:

Thanks - I will add Travel Guard to ours when we make final payment. My one daughter and I thought about doing the FE (and she is very crafty/creative) - but now we think it would be too much work.

How dressed up will you all be for the one dress up night? I know it's not formal like we're used to on Princess. Would the guys wear just a nice shirt and tie or not? What about the pirate night?pirate:

Gail

I've never organized a FE before, but I've led a photopass share and a Wishes cruise share.....so if no one else volunteers I'll do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter