August 10, 2012 Disney Dream

Hello

I thought we were going to be the only ones on the ship!

I am so excited!

Hi Pixie Pop! How many of you are going on the cruise? We have my crew (DH and myself), my DD (14 now, she will be 16 on the cruise), and 2 DSs, (now 12) who will both be 14 on the cruise. My sister is going as well, with her 2 DDs. If I'm doing my math correctly, one will be 6 and one will be 4.

It will just be myself, DH and my son who will be 12 when we go.

We have been on a three day Disney Cruise about 6 years ago. My husband and I didn't think we would like cruising, but we fell in love with it. We wanted to cruise earlier but something just kept getting in the way. We are so thrilled to be going again. How about you?

Nope, we have never been on a Disney cruise before. My kids have never cruised before at all. I am so excited, I don't think I can wait another year and a half!

Hi everybody!!
Add four more to the list of DISers on this cruise :yay:
I guess i should introduce myself and the rest of the family, My name is Dan(age:19), along with me will be my DSis(now 16, will be 18 at cruise time) and our parents.
This will be DCL trip number 5 for us, and we cannot wait to be on the dream for the first time!

Hi Dan! Since you are a seasoned Disney cruiser, can you tell me about the types of activities they have for the teens on board? Were any of your cruises taken during the years you would have bee in the "Vibe" club group? My teens are dying to know about what to expect!

Hello everyone.

Count us in. We are a family of four with two DDs, 18 and 16 at time of cruise. This is our second Disney cruise, third cruise overall. The Dream looks, well, Dreamy and we can`t wait (but we have too)!

We are heading down this March break and for a teaser might take a drive to Port Canavale to take at look at her sailing out and waive her on. Anyone know where we can go to see her sail out without parking at the port (and it costing anything):surfweb:

Hi Dan! Since you are a seasoned Disney cruiser, can you tell me about the types of activities they have for the teens on board? Were any of your cruises taken during the years you would have bee in the "Vibe" club group? My teens are dying to know about what to expect!
yes and no.

My last trip was in august of 2007, so i was in the right age group, just it was called aloft on the Wonder, and The Stack on the Magic. As far as the activities go, i had an absolute blast, the first night the counsulers had a get together in the club and layed out ground rules, then did some basic "breaking the ice" type things...i was a shy teenager so this helped me get to know alot of the kids. During the day, the teen club is open to come and go as you please,(as i said its been a few years some things might have changed), the club always had something going on, video games on the big screens, music playing, ect.ect... the counsulers would run some fun games and tournements in pingpong or stuff on the sports deck. Every night there is a dance party until i believe it was 2 am. At Castaway Cay I did the Wild Side Excursion, which is a teen only activity including biking, snorkling and kayaking. Teens have their own section of beach.One thing to stress to your teens is to pace themselves...by the end of the trip i was EXAUSTED lol. I had an amazing time on that cruise, disney really knows what they are doing. I made a TON of friends, i keep up in touch with some even now, almost 4 years later=]

Thanks for the info Dan! My kids can't wait!

Cnddisneyer, you have a daughter the same age as mine. She will also be 16 on the cruise. Does she post on this site's teen blog? There is a thread there where the teens are talking about the Dream cruise ship. My daughter is hoping to "meet" some other teens online who will be on same cruise.

Also, I see you are from Ontario. I lived in Ontario for a short time while in college. I did a clinical internship at Chedoke-McMaster. I really enjoyed my time living there!

:goodvibesHi all! We are joining this cruise too and CAN'T WAIT! :thumbsup2 It will be me, Amy, my DH, our DD who will be almost 13, our other DD who will be 11, and our DS, who will be 6! We have done 3 other Disney cruises...just got back from the Eastern on the Magic in January...which was FABULOUS!!! :cheer2:

Looking forward to counting down to this cruise and hopefully we will be able to have a fish exchange...just did our first one and it was incredibly fun!!!

Have a great one!
Amy:flower3:

Hi Amy! Wow, looks like I'm the only "newbie" DCL cruiser so far. I've read all about the "fish exchanges", but of course, have never done one. Sounds like fun!

Hi all

It is nice to see some more faces. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Hi Moobear 67: No, my DD14 (then 16) does not go on the Disboards now - might closer to but for now thinks the cruise is another lifetime away but she will be there in the teen club on the first night for sure.

Glad to hear you have good memories of Ontario. I on the other hand have never been to Maryland. If its not on the drive to WDW, we haven`t been through the state yet (lol).

I count 19 of us so far. Imagine if the ship was all ours. But I know there`s more of you out there - don`t be shy - join in - we have a lot of time to kill :thumbsup2

Cheers everyone.

Hey CdnDisneyer...well, if you drive to WDW from Ontario, then you have probably driven through Maryland, but driving on 95, you go through the state pretty quickly. Since we don't have Mickey here, it's not as much fun to be here ;). However, we are getting our own Disney Resort hotel here (at National Harbor, near Washington DC) within the next few years :cool1:, so maybe after that's built, you'll come check out our state!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter