At what age do you stop making Easter baskets for your kids?

Our kids are 23 & 24 and my wife still makes up baskets for them. For the past 5 years she says she's going to stop, but I caught her looking at baskets last night.

My parents made one for me until I got married. After that, Mom made 2 baskets- one for DH and one for me. Our baskets stopped when DD was 1- then Mom became all about her and her basket!

I guess we never really did Easter Baskets by the definition here. We did Easter baskets that were part of the Easter Egg hunt when they believed in the Easter Bunny or were young enough that the hunt was still fun. After that, there were no baskets. Easter is our most important religious holiday, but we've never considered it a gift occasion.

My kids are 24 and 28. They will get Easter Baskets. That was my mom's favorite tradition with my kids, and she passed away almost 2 years ago and made my kids hunt for them in the backyard every year until 2013. She had a stroke 3 days after Easter 2012, last time my kids saw her healthy was that Easter, hunting for the baskets she had hidden. It is our little way of honoring their Grandmother's memory.

It gets expensive but I enjoy doing it, so in your opinion what age is just too old? I'm sure my kids would say do it forever lol.

my dad stopped using baskets and now just hides bags of candy. its much easier to hide them that way.
before i tell you my age and my sisters ages let me just say that my dad LOVES to do this and we are not forcing him to buy us candy and hide it.
we've told him several times now that we don't NEED candy and we can buy our own if he wants us to but he doesn't.

i'm soon to be 29, my one sister is 31, and my other sister is 35.

we always go to church on easter morning and then find out candy and have a big ham dinner.

its just a tradition for us.

I still do baskets for all & also plastic eggs that are hidden either in our house or yard... depending on weather. I have grown children & 2 grandchildren. It's fun for all.

my kids are older, but we still do baskets. I tend to give them 'fun' things that they'd need anyway: either a bathing suit or coverup, flip flops, swim goggles, sunglasses. Usually anything summery is just super fun up here at this time of year! :)

My sons are 16 and 24 and I still make an Easter basket...usually not a "basket". I make up a cellophane bag of candy and put a $20 in a plastic egg.

My DD is 27 and lives in Manhattan and still enjoys the box of Easter goodies sent from home! My DS is 20 and I send a box of Easter goodies to him in college!

I can't believe so many people keep going with the baskets!

I stop when they're in their teens. I play it by ear, but around driving age. Instead, there's usually a (very premium) chocolate rabbit or some such thing, plus we do an Easter breakfast, Easter dinner and a fancy cake. I'm not into baskets and look forward to not having to do them.

My kids (oldest will have just turned 19 and youngest 15), both still living at home. will still get a basket. They will get some jewelry to go with their Easter dresses, candy, usually a dvd or wii game(both want the wii zumba so they will get that to share.

My kids are married and still get a gift bag with kcups, quality chocolate and an easter bunny!

I am 47 and my mom still makes one for me. I suggested to her several years ago not to and she got upset. So I get my basket. Think she does it just to make sure I come by at Easter.

I still get a basket and I am in my mid 30s. The rule in my family is that you get a basket and santa until you are married. After that no easter and one gift for christmas. Now that we are grown we tend not to get baskets but things we could use like kitchen bowls, purses etc. In fact my Mom texted me the other day asking what candy she should put in the basket.

When they don't live at home any more and/or don't appreciate them anymore. I did one for my high school senior last year, as he still gets a huge kick out of getting one. Loves all the holiday. Chances are, though, if DS is non longer living at home, but visiting, I'd probably still do one for him. // My parents stopped getting me one when I graduated from college and moved four hours away (got my first real job).

Maybe once he moves out. We are always with my parents on Easter, so I make them baskets too.

Anyone who is here for dinner on Easter will get something - my four grown kids, their partners, my grandkids, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter