At what age do you stop making Easter baskets for your kids?

Dakota731

DIS Veteran
It gets expensive but I enjoy doing it, so in your opinion what age is just too old? I'm sure my kids would say do it forever lol.

My daughter is 14 and she still gets one. Then again the Easter bunny leaves them for me and my husband, too. So I guess my answer is never.

My son is 8 and still believes in Easter bunny. My others are 6.5 years younger, so I imagine I will have to give the older one something for 6-7 more years at least.

I'm going to say probably once they get married. I still make them for myself and DH too. My in-laws and my mom don't make baskets for DH and me nor do I expect a basket from them (although they do make baskets for our kids).

My two girls still at home are 16 and 19. Last year I said NO MORE! All it is is candy and junk they throw away anyway. BUT, that being said, I may do a little something for them this year. Not sure what though. It's hard enough buying them Christmas and birthday presents let alone Easter ones :) Maybe I'll keep it spiritual this year, give them a Saint medal or prayer book.

When they move out? :-)

My freshman high school student will have a basket just like her siblings.

We never treated it like Christmas though. Just lots of candy, stuffed bunny or other spring animal, and a religious item.

We like to cruise over Easter. Our kids are 16 and 14. They get an itunes card before we go. I will buy them a small box of their favorite candy to Easter morning.

My son is 22 and still a student in college. We give him a small basket with either Amazon, I tunes, or Eddie bauer gift cards. He also gets a massive bag of skittles. My guess is you can quit when they get married or buy for both.

I stopped doing them when my oldest 2 had moved out and my youngest was a teen. I hated trying to find things for their baskets and moved on to just money in cards. I stopped doing the cards a year or two ago.

My kids are still little but I will stop when they graduate high school and move out. That is what my parents did. As teens they just gave us a little candy and a gift card for whatever we were into at the time. Not a lot of work for them but we appreciated it.

I still make a little basket for myself, DH and mom. I just use the same basket every year and get some candy to share and a small chocolate bunny for each of us.

Apparently not 23, lol, since I will still buy for my kids this year & both are early 20's. I usually get candy and a couple of things like books etc. I no longer buy baskets though. Usually just a gift bag with Easter grass filler.

I stopped when my kids moved out. Having said that they usually get candy and maybe a movie or something small.

When they have their own kids and I start making a basket for the grandchildren.

My grandmothers still get all of us a chocolate bunny for Easter and there's about 20 grandchildren plus great grandchildren.

Like a PP stated, Easter isn't like Christmas in my house. They get candy and things from the $1 spot at Target. A new toothbrush. Maybe some crayons and coloring books. DD got a piggy bank last year. So it's not a big deal to do them. We reuse the same personalized basket from Pottery Barn.

My boys will be 17 and 20 this easter and they will still get baskets :o I have no idea when I'll stop, probably like PP said, when I have grandkids

At 28, my daughter's basket looks more like a Vera Bradley bag than a basket, haha. Lighter on the candy and heavier on Bath and Body Works stuff at that age too.
Lynda

My mom stopped making them for the 7 of us when the youngest stopped believing. Then, she just made one community basket with candy for us to share. She never did big gifts or anything in our baskets, it was straight up candy, and not that much. I have followed suit and managed to keep Easter from being "Second Christmas", although it's difficult when I see all kinds of grand and amazing baskets on Facebook.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter