Asking for the last row on a ride (questions)

we say "Can we wait for the next train/flight to be in the front/back/middle row?" I think that once they know that you know that you have to wait, they usually are ok with it

I think if you're polite and ask like this, you'll be fine.

Look at it this way, if you ask, and they say no, you'll ride in a different seat and get over it quickly.

If you don't ask, you'll probably wonder for the rest of the day if you should have.

There are certain rides that I always ask for my favorite spot. CMs deal with this constantly, I'm sure. Just don't be a jerk about it (which of course you wouldn't!). I usually say "Can I wait for the front/back/whatnot" and no matter how fast or efficiently they're loading it barely seems to break their stride. They do a sweep & point with their arm, say "wait right there", and keep moving. Just know they'll load the current car and then start/finish with you so you might have to wait a couple more minutes.

We have asked for specific seats on many rides at Disney World and have rarely had any issue. Some of the CMs are super-great about it and some may seem a bit annoyed, but as others have said, it does slightly disrupt the flow of loading, which they are under a lot of pressure to do as efficiently as possible. I always watch carefully as we get near the front of the line and try to make eye contact with the CM as soon as possible and make my request before they are telling me where to go... that seems to help a bit. And don't skimp on the "thank you"s if they do accommodate you. Every polite guest gives the CMs that little bit of extra patience to deal with the not-so-polite people.

Im not sure but i was riding solo with a fp on sdd and when I asked the attendant if i could wait for the next car instead of riding uncomfortably close to 16ish yr old female (im male in my 30s) I was paired with the attendant became irate. I was shocked. She told me if I did not get in right then I would have to go to the back of the line. Not sure ill be making any such request again especially on busy rides. Kinda ruined my experience tbh

I truly don't understand why you wouldn't sit next to a 16 year old girl? It's just a ride.

We rarely ask, but we have. I don't see it as a burden or problem and I've never sensed the castmembers care. Likewise, it never bothers me if somebody else in line does it.

We rarely ask, but we have. I don't see it as a burden or problem and I've never sensed the castmembers care. Likewise, it never bothers me if somebody else in line does it.

Doesn't bother me either. It isn't like they are jumping the line. They will wait a few rides if necessary. I ask occasionally and I've never gotten any attitude or problem about it.

I truly don't understand why you wouldn't sit next to a 16 year old girl? It's just a ride.
I agree with both of you (can I do that?). There is no really good reason to not just sit next to the young girl. That said, some of the rides are bumpy and you get thrown around and bump into each other. As a 50+ year old man, I am overly cautious not to be put in a situation where anything could be misinterpreted. I would have jumped with the other guest, but I can't blame somebody for looking for another option.

I agree with both of you (can I do that?). There is no really good reason to not just sit next to the young girl. That said, some of the rides are bumpy and you get thrown around and bump into each other. As a 50+ year old man, I am overly cautious not to be put in a situation where anything could be misinterpreted. I would have jumped with the other guest, but I can't blame somebody for looking for another option.

Two reasons - The PP understood that the 16 year old girl might be uncomfortable sitting next to a man she does not know, or the PP is aware that issues arise in the possible situation and did not want to be put in that situation, perhaps of being falsely accused of something?

Im not sure but i was riding solo with a fp on sdd and when I asked the attendant if i could wait for the next car instead of riding uncomfortably close to 16ish yr old female (im male in my 30s) I was paired with the attendant became irate. I was shocked. She told me if I did not get in right then I would have to go to the back of the line. Not sure ill be making any such request again especially on busy rides. Kinda ruined my experience tbh
[OUOTE]
That's unfortunate that the CM got so upset. A simple "no" would have sufficed.

It is the policy for that ride, however. In the pre-ride video, they warn all the "toys" that there won't be any open seats, and if you're alone you'll have to ride with a stranger. Probably because it's the hot new ride and they want to keep the line going. We didn't have a problem with requesting the back, though.

I’ve never encountered an issue asking for a seat closer to the back of a ride. I feel you don’t get the full experience of EE, Big Thunder, or RnR unless your in the back. Every CM I’ve asked has always been very accommodating and pleasant.

I’ve requested to not sit in the front row for Pirates. Recently I had to ask not to sit in the last row, and the CM asked “What’s going on with the back?” I explained that I once got drenched sitting there, and he was okay with putting me elsewhere. Please & thank you! :)

I always ask for back row on BTMRR and only twice have been adamantly denied. I chalk it up to a bad day on the CMs part. It didn’t ruin the day, only the ride-as the one time he proceeded to sit me in the very front even though he had been seating the middle section :sad2: Whatever!
I do ask politely, follow through with the requests on where to wait (it changes on BTMRR, either at back or up by front depending on who is loading and the crowds) and ALWAYS smile and use Thank You 😊
Other rides I like to request front row are set up for it, EE and RNRC. But I am often solo and if I use the single rider line you cannot request front row. Keep that in mind. It is not posted but that is the rule and they will NOT break it. Also after park close time (even though they keep running until line clears) they will not accommodate requests on any ride, at least in my experience.
Just a side that I will be trying to request front in SDD in the future, so far I’ve always just been fortunate to be seated there except my very first ride in the back which wasn’t fun :laughing:

I've been to WDW enough that I shouldn't be afraid to ask for a seat on the last row of Big Thunder or 7 Dwarfs, but I am. I am afraid that they won't give it to me, or the cast member will be annoyed, or that it will cause some disruption with the seating process of all the other guests. I don't want to be "that" person, you know?

So I am wondering do the cast members even care? Will they give you the last row if you ask for it? Most of the time I don't care where I sit on the rides but at Big Thunder I hate the first few rows because it doesn't give me enough of that thrill!

Most Cast are pretty accommodating. If you ask nicely, unless there are reasons to decline, they will seat you where you want to be sat. You may have to wait a few trains if somebody else has already made the same request, but in general that is the only concern you would really have.

I always ask for front on 7DMT and never had a problem. The last time, the people ahead of us asked for the front. We just had to wait a little, no eye rolling either.

I was wondering, what's so great about the front row at 7DMT? The reason I ask is that on my last solo trip, the CM asked me if I'd like the front row. At the time I didn't care, but I said "Sure!" just because I figured that if she asked, it must be special. Well, I thought the ride was a little more intense, but that's all.

The only time I've asked is on KS, where back rows kill my back and make my teeth rattle. So I always ask for one of the first couple rows, and they've always been nice about granting my request.

We often will ask to wait a train or 2 for a seat closer to the back. have never had a problem with this.
On SDD, we asked and just had to wait one train. EE and RnRC have a line for the back car.

I ask for the back of the train all the time. I normally make my polite request when they ask how many in our party. I've only been denied at BTMRR once and that was because there was already a huge crowd waiting for the back row and there just wasn't space to wait.

We ask all the time for front for SM and splash...Why would you worry what the CM thinks? Who cares..Just ask. They will accommodate you in all likely hood. We like the back of Big thunder as its imho the best place. But, the last thing in the world i would ever worry about is asking a CM if i can sit somewhere on a ride. Folks do it all the time.

Agreed. Im a 48 year old male. I went solo to DL once. I sat by the above described a few times. Just said "hi" great day isn't it..We had fun and did a fist pump at end of Big Thunder. I probably rode with teens most of the day..lol Nice meeting new people...and yes, its just ride. I mean its great to be social and all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter