As God is My Witness, I'll Never be Hungry Again - Finished w/lots of pics!!

Brenda, I had no idea my food report was still being read. It was not showing up on my User CP thingie. Thanks for the heads up! Friday night I think I have the house to myself. I plan on fixing a great cup of coffee and catching up on your trippie!

Oh my gosh, Brenda - You had me at hello. For real.

I'm having to stop and read sections to my DH and DD's.

Wonderful detail and descriptions.

And - I'm only on page 5!!! There's so much left to read!!!!!!

BTW - I lived in St. Peters from the time I was 13-20. Wanna know where I went to high school??? :lmao:

Thanks for sharing!

Leah

Oh my gosh, Brenda - You had me at hello. For real.

I'm having to stop and read sections to my DH and DD's.

Wonderful detail and descriptions.

And - I'm only on page 5!!! There's so much left to read!!!!!!

BTW - I lived in St. Peters from the time I was 13-20. Wanna know where I went to high school??? :lmao:

Thanks for sharing!

Leah

A local girl...sort of! Go on...tell me where you went to high school! I went to Oakville Senior High 'cause I grew up in South County...with all the mall rats! :lmao:

Thanks for reading and posting - happy to know you're enjoying what you've read so far. Keep an eye out for more reviews in June! :thumbsup2

We're going to be there Oct 12-16 on our own, then joined by 7 family members from the 16-28.

Mel

Have a lovely time and if you happen to see us be sure to say hello! We're harmless. ;)

I went to Francis Howell - back when there was only one Francis Howell ;) Graduated in 1985.

My dad used to work at a church on Old Hwy 40 in O'Fallon - Grace United Church of Christ (used to be called Grace Church United back then).

If you're from South County, you have to know all about muscacolli at weddings?? :)

Great to meet you! I'm having so much fun with your TR's. Will be forwarding link to this one to friends who are newbies and going during Food and Wine this year. This should get their appetites whetted!

Leah

I went to Francis Howell - back when there was only one Francis Howell ;) Graduated in 1985.

Class of 1988 here!

My dad used to work at a church on Old Hwy 40 in O'Fallon - Grace United Church of Christ (used to be called Grace Church United back then).

I know exactly where that's at - not too far from my house, actually.

If you're from South County, you have to know all about muscacolli at weddings?? :)

I've certainly eaten enough of it at receptions over the years...:eek:

The last few wedding receptions the hubby and I have attended there has been no mostaccioli served - there must be a pasta backlash in the current generation! :lmao:

Great to meet you! I'm having so much fun with your TR's. Will be forwarding link to this one to friends who are newbies and going during Food and Wine this year. This should get their appetites whetted! Leah

Happy to meet you, too! And I'm glad you're enjoying my vacation ramblings. Hopefully your friends don't run screaming from their computers when start reading some of this stuff. ;)

Great descriptions but i think I am more like Jason in taste.
1) Morocco Chicken Bastille - I am of the opinion that everything can be improved if it is a little sweet...It's like desert with the protein of a meal! I call that a win-win!

2) Maine Lobster rolls...they really make them like that in Maine.

3) "Thirdly, dessert: I did not and still do not know what a ligonberry is."

You must not have an Ikea near you...Swedish meatballs and lingonberries...yum!

Great descriptions but i think I am more like Jason in taste.

Thanks for reading! :goodvibes Everyone is probably more like Jason in terms of their food tastes than me ... :lmao:

1) Morocco Chicken Bastille - I am of the opinion that everything can be improved if it is a little sweet...It's like desert with the protein of a meal! I call that a win-win!

Just couldn't do it - I need the chicken to followed by dessert... no mixing! ;)

2) Maine Lobster rolls...they really make them like that in Maine.

I had no idea... they were good, but I'm not a huge fan of lobster. Now Jay on the other hand...he would eat lobster every night if he had the chance. ;)

3) "Thirdly, dessert: I did not and still do not know what a ligonberry is."

You must not have an Ikea near you...Swedish meatballs and lingonberries...yum!

I don't know what Ikea, is either. But...our local grocery store did have a jar of ligonberry jam for sale last week, so we must be moving up in the world! :lmao:

Thanks again for reading!

I just wanted to let you know that I finally "found" you, but I cannot look at anything else until I eat first! I'm about to jump through the screen! Bye

I don't know what Ikea, is either. But...our local grocery store did have a jar of ligonberry jam for sale last week, so we must be moving up in the world! :lmao:
[\QUOTE]

Ikea is a huge Swedish furniture chain store. They have a cafeteria where they serve the lingonberries!

What a great trip report!! I really enjoyed it (and I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning to finish it!!) It makes me want to rush right back to WDW. WHHAAaa, I want to go back!

Just one question - Does your mom read the DIS boards? :rotfl:

I just wanted to let you know that I finally "found" you, but I cannot look at anything else until I eat first! I'm about to jump through the screen! Bye

Glendamax! Thanks for stopping by. :goodvibes There are a lot of food pics so I wouldn't advise reading on an empty stomach. ;)

Ikea is a huge Swedish furniture chain store.

OK - they have a cafeteria. If I ever get to one I'll be sure to give it a try. :thumbsup2

What a great trip report!! I really enjoyed it (and I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning to finish it!!) It makes me want to rush right back to WDW. WHHAAaa, I want to go back!

Thanks so much for reading - I'm glad you liked it. :goodvibes

Just one question - Does your mom read the DIS boards? :rotfl:

I sure hope not or I'm going to be in a world of hurt! :rotfl2:

I just finished reading this whole thing and now I am absolutely, defintiely going to have to go and read all your trip reports - what a fantastic writing style you have. I wish my own trip reports could be as amusing (and well read ;) ). I know so many others have said it but everything you have described about your Mum is the whole reason why DH and I have so far resisted my Mother's gigantic hints about going to WDW with us - it ain't never gonna happen :sad2: The sad thing is I know she would probably love the place but, while you obviously have the patience of a saint, I do not and things would very quickly become not-so-magical. Anyhow, I digress - this dining report had kept me entertained for a few hours now - and also made me extremely hungry - and for one of those things at least I thank you :thumbsup2

Hey I'm up to day 7 and I still havent gained any weight! :banana:

You are a girl after my own heart :thumbsup2 I love me some port. DH and I were vacationing in Napa once and went to some snazzy restaurant. After one or a few bottles of wine DH and I order dessert - me, creme brulee and a glass of port (my favorite combo). The waiter says "May I suggest a 74 blah, blah, blah" Me, I'm like "Yeah sure, sounds good." Well, this port was the best thing I have ever put in my mouth! I mean seriously killer good. If I wasn't married to my DH, I would have married this port. Then the bill comes. $90 a glass. Yes, you heard me right - $90 A frickin' glass :eek: :faint:

This is seriously, the best dining review I've read yet! I'm glad I came across it. Thanks!
...did you get free refills for that price?

It's funny you say that - I was planning on wearing them, but between the headache and the fact that I had busted some vessels in my left eye on Tuesday I decided to play it safe and go with the specs.

Besides, Jason equates having my glasses with us at all times as something akin to survival gear. If we ever get lost in the wilderness he figures my prescription is so strong that we should be able to start a signal fire by shining the sun through them at just the right angle. :teeth:

Not that it's any of my business, but I think you look better with your glasses. They're more....you! BTW, really enjoy reading your thread here.

LOVED the reviews!!!:banana: We are going in about 2 weeks. When I have taken pics of the food before, I have been asked if I was a "reviewer". I always say No....but I am thinking this time I might say yes and see what happens...lol.:lmao:

I'm finally finished! This was a great report! I guess next year I need to get to the food and wine festival! I thought I loved to eat, but you two you've got me beat!

Again, this was alot of fun! Glad I found it! :wave:

I just finished reading this whole thing and now I am absolutely, defintiely going to have to go and read all your trip reports - what a fantastic writing style you have. I wish my own trip reports could be as amusing (and well read ;) ).

Wilma-bride, thank you very much. :flower3:

I guess I should warn you if you wade into my other trip reprorts that I really write too much - they're long but I hope some readers find them enjoyable and / or amusing.

I know so many others have said it but everything you have described about your Mum is the whole reason why DH and I have so far resisted my Mother's gigantic hints about going to WDW with us - it ain't never gonna happen :sad2: The sad thing is I know she would probably love the place but, while you obviously have the patience of a saint, I do not and things would very quickly become not-so-magical.

Believe me, I do not have the patience of a saint! ;) That's one of the reasons we ended up ditching my parents so much as the week moved along, otherwise I would exploded and that would have been bad for everyone.

Family vacations are just hard; seems like no matter what you try to do to make the other members of your group happy someone is determined to be unhappy.

Oh well - we tried.

Anyhow, I digress - this dining report had kept me entertained for a few hours now - and also made me extremely hungry - and for one of those things at least I thank you :thumbsup2

Thanks again for reading - I'm glad you enjoyed it and I hope to see you around! :goodvibes

Hey I'm up to day 7 and I still havent gained any weight! :banana:

See, that's why I like these threads...you can stuff yourself and never gain any weight at all! :rotfl2:

Not that it's any of my business, but I think you look better with your glasses. They're more....you! BTW, really enjoy reading your thread here.

Thanks for reading and thanks for the input about the specs - I'm so used to wearing them about 95% of the time now that I always feel a little odd when I put my contacts in any longer. And that's funny because 10 years ago no one ever saw me wearing my glasses in public unless I was deathly ill. :lmao:

LOVED the reviews!!!:banana: We are going in about 2 weeks. When I have taken pics of the food before, I have been asked if I was a "reviewer". I always say No....but I am thinking this time I might say yes and see what happens...lol.:lmao:

Thanks for reading and I hope you have a great trip. Be sure to share the food love with us when you get back. And next time answer "yes" to that question - you are a reviewer for a very select group of patrons! :thumbsup2

Subscribing.......

Thanks, although I don't think there's going to be much more to read on this thread. :goodvibes

I'm finally finished! This was a great report! I guess next year I need to get to the food and wine festival! I thought I loved to eat, but you two you've got me beat!

Again, this was alot of fun! Glad I found it! :wave:

Thanks for reading, Glendamax, I'm glad you enjoyed it! And if you haven't tried the Food and Wine Festival yet you must go...it's one of the primary reasons we head down to WDW in October.

Good Eats!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks again for reading everyone - so glad you've enjoyed the food love with us! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter