arm cast and rides...

smores

DIS Veteran
my 8 year old son has his left arm in a cast (extends above the elbow)....he was planning on trying out some new (new to him...he has been a chicken in the past) rides.....which rides should i say "NO" to?

I would probably ask his Orthopaedic doctor for advice. The only ride that really comes to mind for me is Rockin' Roller Coaster because it goes upside down, maybe Everest, too. You might want to put a plastic bag over it on Splash or Kali so it doesn't get too wet.

I would ask the doctor because he knows how th arm is healing. Also, is he able to hold on with that hand, or is the hand part of the cast?

My DD was also 8 at the time with a cast, two years ago when we went. We spoke to the ortho ahead of time and were lucky that she switched her to a water proof cast two days before we headed down. Once she had that on, she was able to go on all the rides including Rockin Roller Coaster.

With it being an over the elbow cast, I would invest in a waterproof cover. It slips over the cast, and my daughter was even able to go swimming in the pool with it on. Just becareful how you position him on the ride, have him sit with his cast next to the side of the ride, not a person, so they will not get hit if the cast does move around on the ride.

Our doctor said she could go on everything, that the cast would protect her. As an aside, get a great marker, because the characters will make a HUGE deal about signing his cast. My daughter actually kept hers when they cut it off. :rotfl: Have fun!

We went this past September and my 11 year old was in a full arm cast. No problems at all on any rides (this was her first time brave enough for the big thrill rides). Definitely ask about a gortex liner...it was our saving grace.

I agree, the characters made a huge deal out of her cast. She has kept it as a souvenier as she only allowed the characters (not friends) to sign it. Stitch was the most doting :O)

Wish I knew how to link a picture...very cute

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter