• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Area around Windsor Hills...questionable?

Mommy2K0507

Earning My Ears
Is the area surrounding Windsor Hills questionable? My parents usually stay near Old Town in Kissimee. How does the area compare?

We always stay in the WH / Formosa Gardens area and I would consider it to be much safer than the Old Town area. There are a few souvenir shops but the rest are chain restaurants, fastfood or hotels. The subdivisions are off 192 a quarter mile or so.

Once you leave the 192 it all appears residential.

Much quieter once you take the turn off 192.

We would feel safer at Windsor Hills than the Old Towne area. The resort itself is 24 hour manned gated and very secure. We love taking walks there. Never had any concerns. Never had any concerns on the 192 area for shopping, etc., lots of restaurants and Super Target, Walmart, etc. Of course you would need to drive to shopping, restaurants, etc. There is a small store in the resort that sells items, sandwiches, quick meals, wine and beer and a bar area right outside the pool where you can sit and have your meal/drink/etc. There are lots of posts on here about Windsor Hills, never heard of any saying area was not safe. You of course are tourists and should take precautions wherever you stay and in any shopping area.

Sandy

Agreed with other posters: the WH area is quiet/residential, with a few nice timeshare resorts scattered about. The Old Town area is much more "colorful."

I have never felt unsafe around the Formosa Area the many times I have been there. I was there recently and took my 2 kids to play Jungle mini golf and then crossed the street to Walgreens. Not an issue.

As others have mentioned, Old Town is a little more 'colorful'.

However, as with anywhere, you should still be aware of your surroundings at all times and not let your guard down.

Agree. We stay in Sunset Lakes and have never felt unsafe in the area, even when going out to eat late. Just be cautious like you would anywhere else.

Old Town is a little creepy to me. WH is probably safer than my own home since all the resorts in the area are gated.

Sheila

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter