Are you booked with a Free Dining Offer? Poll: Have you been contacted and what offer given?

Contacted with new offer?

• Yes, received a new offer - 35% current stay

Votes: 130 53.7%
  • Yes, received a new offer - 35% off later stay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, only generic email

Votes: 38 15.7%
  • No email and no offer yet

Votes: 74 30.6%

• Total voters
OK, I have news.

My package was changed from Free Dining to: Recovery20 Disney Resort Hotel Package.

The 35% has been applied to the room portion.

Still unsure if those of us with APs that expired during the closing will be able to be extended and whether they will cover the initial reopening and if we will be able to remove the tickets, or at least reduce them.

Edit to add: I have a 9-day PH Plus per person, so fairly expensive tickets. If I can at least reduce them to 2-day base, that will be a huge savings...

Booked the fd bounceback offer for 9/12-9/19. Has anyone booked in September under the fd bb been offered anything? I have had no e-mails sent and though all my dining reservations have finally been cancelled, my reservation still shows the fd bounceback. Also, I'm assuming that if you paid to upgrade your dining plan that you will get reimbursed the difference?

My March trip was cancelled so I had a FD recovery offer booked in June. My email said they’d update my reservation and send a new invoice for my reservation to reflect 35% off. Since the reservation falls during the closure, that’s not going to work. I have a room only November trip already booked that I’d like to use the 35% offer on. Have they started doing that or should I wait to call and ask?

My March trip was cancelled so I had a FD recovery offer booked in June. My email said they’d update my reservation and send a new invoice for my reservation to reflect 35% off. Since the reservation falls during the closure, that’s not going to work. I have a room only November trip already booked that I’d like to use the 35% offer on. Have they started doing that or should I wait to call and ask?
We are in the same boat for our early July trip. From what I understand, trip modifications cannot be made at this time, only cancellations. I am going to give them a call in the next week or so and see what our options are. We have a November trip booked as well that we are hoping to apply the discount to.

My husband got the email a few days ago. We were booked Dec 13-19 with BB free dining. Email said our dining would be removed but 35% off would be automatically applied instead.

MDE currently still says "FreeDineBB Disney Resort Hotel" next to our reservation and no price change yet.

July 7 - 14 POP
Surname "G"
Free Dining promotion offered in January (upgraded to Regular DDP)
First ADR was for 7/09 not show anymore in my plans.
No emails or offers

My husband got the email a few days ago. We were booked Dec 13-19 with BB free dining. Email said our dining would be removed but 35% off would be automatically applied instead.

MDE currently still says "FreeDineBB Disney Resort Hotel" next to our reservation and no price change yet.
We just got a 2nd email today and our 35% was applied and on MDE on package is now called something like Disney hotel 2020 package. Dining was removed.
the email said I go make new experience Reservations, but the app/link don’t seem to be working yet.
id really like more info about exactly which resorts, pools, restaurants are going to be opening BEFORE having to pay my balance...

Never received an email about canceled ADRs or the heads up on the 35% dining plan... but did just receive a new confirmation email from WDW showing the adjusted 35% rate. Impressed they turned that around so quickly.

Last edited:
Same here. I called yesterday day and the CM told me to sit tight and DO NOT CANCEL anything, that I would be prioritized for the reservation system when it opened up. She also told me I was smart for making a backup trip in November (I have tix attached though). She mentioned I would be getting different sets of emails for both trips, which might be confusing, and to just call if I needed clarification- the 35% will be applied to whichever dates I choose to replace the June trip, just can’t choose them yet.

I noticed that my email made no mention of magical express. It listed the resort, tickets, magical experiences and luggage tags, but gone was the dining plan & mugs (obviously) AND magical express...?!?

Just checked my account.
My trip: 8/15 -8/22 8 day ph plus
Free dining BB booked last August
Got the 35% recover email.

The 35% discount was applied to my account but now my park tickets are gone.

Same here. I called yesterday day and the CM told me to sit tight and DO NOT CANCEL anything, that I would be prioritized for the reservation system when it opened up. She also told me I was smart for making a backup trip in November (I have tix attached though). She mentioned I would be getting different sets of emails for both trips, which might be confusing, and to just call if I needed clarification- the 35% will be applied to whichever dates I choose to replace the June trip, just can’t choose them yet.
Thanks. That’s great news!
ETA: I have park tickets for November linked as well.

I noticed that my email made no mention of magical express. It listed the resort, tickets, magical experiences and luggage tags, but gone was the dining plan & mugs (obviously) AND magical express...?!?
Mine didn't list any of that either. It was headed at "A payment has been made toward your vacation.." with nothing listed but our dates, conf #, names and payments run down with a price change and credit. 🤷‍♀️

new package is called: Recovery20 Disney Resort Hotel Package

No change in my MDE, still shows free QS dining, no package name change and my ADR is still there. Booked through a TA so maybe she will get my updated invoice cuz I haven’t seen one.

We have a free dining bounceback for July 18-27 with 7 day park hopper, booked back in August. Got the 35% email for current stay on Friday May 29. This morning my package was changed to the 20recovery and price was reduced to account for 35% off and dining removed (no email on this change), 7 day park hoppers are still there. Hoping to be able to move this package, to a later date, and maintain 35% discount once modifications are allowed.

Also have a backup with summer room only discount with 7 day base tickets booked. No email or changes have been made to that package.

Our package hasn't changed yet. One ADR is disappearing every few hours. We are down to 4 out of 9 left. I wonder what process they are using to cancel everything.

I received the 35% off email yesterday and it's already been applied in MDE. I'm at POP mid-August. The tickets are still PH so no refund for that.

Here's how the numbers worked out for those interested: I had calculated it out last night that I would get $899 back with the refund of my dining upgrade from QS to regular DP ($385) and the 35% off ($514), which is the amount Disney took off in MDE (accounting for taxes they took off $930). The value of the dining plan for us was $1134 (2 adults 2 kids for 7 nights). I figure we'll probably come out even since we will order less food without the plan.

I received the 35% off email yesterday and it's already been applied in MDE. I'm at POP mid-August. The tickets are still PH so no refund for that.

Here's how the numbers worked out for those interested: I had calculated it out last night that I would get $899 back with the refund of my dining upgrade from QS to regular DP ($385) and the 35% off ($514), which is the amount Disney took off in MDE (accounting for taxes they took off $930). The value of the dining plan for us was $1134 (2 adults 2 kids for 7 nights). I figure we'll probably come out even since we will order less food without the plan.
Nice to see math. I got pop with FD and upgraded it. Five nights for two adults. So I'm getting a decent chunk off. If the park hoppers were removed even better. August 30 thru Sept 4. I'm ok with the changes this far. I do hope I can add a night and day to ticket and resort. More so if the reservation system limits one park per day. We say see soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter