Are we finally sailing? The Disney Difference Sep/Oct 2016 it's a wrap!

Hi Paula,

Sorry I have been absent. Glad you were able to pull a little pixie dust out of the whole room situation at the end.

Really enjoyed reading--love your humor and the spin you put on things.

Hope that medication kicks in and you feel better. Have a Merry Christmas!

--Karilynn

My arthritis decided to flare despite just having my monthly injection.

Sorry to hear that. I hope it passes soon.

Does Fran ever find sometimes the med doesn't seem to work sometimes?

This med that she's been on for almost two years now seems to work pretty well for her. The biggest problem she has is (well #1 she refuses to acknowledge that she is limited by her arthritis) when she over does it physically. Yesterday she helped clean out the garage and cut up hundreds of boxes, OK maybe 100. She filled all the bins to the brim, and claimed she would fill them again after they were picked up today. Instead she is having trouble getting out of bed from soreness.

What a lovely thank-you gift!

Sounds like your trip home was okay until the very end!!

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Hi Paula,

Sorry I have been absent. Glad you were able to pull a little pixie dust out of the whole room situation at the end.

Really enjoyed reading--love your humor and the spin you put on things.

Hope that medication kicks in and you feel better. Have a Merry Christmas!

--Karilynn

Thank you so much! I enjoyed your TR! Thank you for reading and have a lovely Christmas yourself Karilynn.

Sorry to hear that. I hope it passes soon.

This med that she's been on for almost two years now seems to work pretty well for her. The biggest problem she has is (well #1 she refuses to acknowledge that she is limited by her arthritis) when she over does it physically. Yesterday she helped clean out the garage and cut up hundreds of boxes, OK maybe 100. She filled all the bins to the brim, and claimed she would fill them again after they were picked up today. Instead she is having trouble getting out of bed from soreness.

Thank you for your reply. Oh my overdoing things this does sound familiar .. not knowing your limitations. I hope she recovers soon.

Jo helped me to the plane door. I gasped with horror when I saw my beloved Captain America chair. Let me remind you of it's beauty....

image.jpeg

The wheels were twisted and bent and the power unit did not work. This was an issue because after this long flight I could not walk with my rollator and Jo had the bags later to pick up. We informed the cabin staff who told Jo to push the wheelchair as it was to just off the plane and wait for assistance. Jo could push me in the wheelchair just about! We waited for ages but nobody came. So we had to move on. We were blocking the way.

We made our way through security and to where the bags were. Jo left me in the chair and went to the Virgin desk to get a claim form for my chair and also she noticed they had lost my cupholder of my rollator. We were told we would het disability assistance.

She then got our bags and still nobody assisted us. Disgraceful! Top London airport! So Jo said she would go put the bags in the car then come back and get me.

It took a while but we managed. Not a good experience though. Welcome back to the UK!

We started our drive home. Poor Jo the UK is 5 hours ahead so the jetlag is an issue. I don't think Jo slept much on the plane. Our house isn't far about 45 mins from the airport. The traffic was light. We stopped to get some groceries milk, bread , meat etc for lunch.

We did have our new flooring to look forward to when we got home and we were anxious to see Huey after his 2 operations.

Back home we were delighted with our new flooring...

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

We had some lunch and Jo picked up Huey. Giving Lisa the vouchers Jo had got in the grocery store as an extra thanks. He looked in pretty bad shape. But he was pleased to be home.

Nearly there!

Thank you so much for these photos these are fabulous! I love seeing Josie then and now. Isn't your Mom sweet! It is funny putting together a card and wrapping chocolate and then seeing her open it. Kate I did a silly thing I did not take a note of Josies address. I meant to put it in our book for next time. Can I have it again? She might like an Easter treat!

No problem with the address, it is: Josie Newman, 603 N Putnam, Williamston, MI 48895, USA

Mom is a bit of hoot. She keeps us laughing. She came to stay for a few months nineteen years ago while we looked for daycare and she never left. Luckily we have an apartment in the basement so we all have a bit of our own space. It has been great for our daughter to be able to grow up with an in-house Gamma.

Jo took this of me when I was catching 40 winks just before we landed.... Lol... I am in there!
image-jpeg.211199

Are you sure you are in there? Looks like someone from StarWars.

I'm finally caught up. Being on vacation is wonderful but makes keeping up on here tough.

Well done for informing the manager of the Sugar Loaf problems. They need to know that. Imagine paying hundreds of dollars for one night and being treated like that. Terrible.

And what is this? at the airport nobody helped despite being told they would??? Not good at all.

Good to be home though, loved the pictures from the plane :)

The flooring looks fabulous!

What a thoughtful gift. This is really beautiful.

Oh my Polly she says Virgin Atlantic have mangled your powerchair!

Oh no!

The wheels were twisted and bent and the power unit did not work.

I wonder what they did with it.

She then got our bags and still nobody assisted us.

What a pain. That is really unacceptable.

This looks very nice.

Corinna

No problem with the address, it is: Josie Newman, 603 N Putnam, Williamston, MI 48895, USA

Mom is a bit of hoot. She keeps us laughing. She came to stay for a few months nineteen years ago while we looked for daycare and she never left. Luckily we have an apartment in the basement so we all have a bit of our own space. It has been great for our daughter to be able to grow up with an in-house Gamma.

Thank you! I will make a note of it this time. How lovely she lives in your basement. Perfect. I loved having my Nan around when I was young I agree great for your daughter.

I'm finally caught up. Being on vacation is wonderful but makes keeping up on here tough.

Well done for informing the manager of the Sugar Loaf problems. They need to know that. Imagine paying hundreds of dollars for one night and being treated like that. Terrible.

And what is this? at the airport nobody helped despite being told they would??? Not good at all.

Good to be home though, loved the pictures from the plane :)

The flooring looks fabulous!

Thanks for reading Pam. I know it was awful re a top London airport we were cringing what must visitors think!

It was good to see Huey and be home!

What a thoughtful gift. This is really beautiful.

Oh no!

I wonder what they did with it.

What a pain. That is really unacceptable.

This looks very nice.

Corinna

Thanks Corinna. Turns out the chair was not secured and it fell on its side during the flight another chair crushed it. Very poor!

This should never have been allowed to happen. I hope that this has been resolved in an acceptable manner.

Corinna

It has thank you but it has shaken my confidence in them as an airline. What with thst and their new website which is appalling, changes to virgin flying miles for next years flights. We have booked with BA for next October. Already their disability assistance we are impressed with. See how they do.

Thank you! I will make a note of it this time. How lovely she lives in your basement. Perfect. I loved having my Nan around when I was young I agree great for your daughter.

Opps, I gave you her "old" last name. I must be tired, or drinking. The post man knows her by both so either name would work but this is the one she uses now in life: Josie Bonnell, 603 N Putnam, Williamston, MI 48895, USA

Kate

It has thank you but it has shaken my confidence in them as an airline. What with thst and their new website which is appalling, changes to virgin flying miles for next years flights. We have booked with BA for next October. Already their disability assistance we are impressed with. See how they do.

I hope that this will work out for you. I am glad that your first impressions have been positive. Although ultimately the carrier is liable for any damaged baggage, the damage is actually done by the ground handling agent. For Virgin Atlantic in Orlando, this is Swissport, who are normally very good. I could not find who does the baggage handling for BA, but it is most certainly not Swissport.

Corinna

I hope that this will work out for you. I am glad that your first impressions have been positive. Although ultimately the carrier is liable for any damaged baggage, the damage is actually done by the ground handling agent. For Virgin Atlantic in Orlando, this is Swissport, who are normally very good. I could not find who does the baggage handling for BA, but it is most certainly not Swissport.

Corinna

Thank you for the info. I think they might use their own staff but not 100% sure. I will be nervous to see Captain America arrive at the plane door! It looked like no super hero that is for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter