Are we finally sailing? The Disney Difference Sep/Oct 2016 it's a wrap!

I see thank you. Darn I was hoping for the freestyle! I like to mix fanta and coke...

I like this, too. They had Fanta at the solarium bar and I also so it on the menu for Johnny Rocket's (we never made it there). I am sure if you asked to have half and half, the bar tender would be happy to oblige. Mainly the offerings are Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Sprite and Ginger Ale. I am looking forward to having the Freestyle machines again on the Explorer in April. I am quite partial the the raspberry Coke and peach Fanta.

Corinna

I like this, too. They had Fanta at the solarium bar and I also so it on the menu for Johnny Rocket's (we never made it there). I am sure if you asked to have half and half, the bar tender would be happy to oblige. Mainly the offerings are Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Sprite and Ginger Ale. I am looking forward to having the Freestyle machines again on the Explorer in April. I am quite partial the the raspberry Coke and peach Fanta.

Corinna

Good idea I will ask! Oh nice re Explorer! That will be cool. I enjoyed the peach at DVC lounge in EPCOT. Win the lottery I am getting one of those machines with a soft serve ice cream machine make my own floats!

Greetings! I happened upon your TR and read all 25 pages in a couple days. I'm glad you didn't give up and were able to make this trip happen. A b2b - how nice! It was fun reading about your adventure - hope you do TR's for your upcoming trips!

Greetings! I happened upon your TR and read all 25 pages in a couple days. I'm glad you didn't give up and were able to make this trip happen. A b2b - how nice! It was fun reading about your adventure - hope you do TR's for your upcoming trips!

How lucky for me you found my TR! Thank you for your lovely comments and for reading all my wittering on! Oh yes def TR to come on next 2 trips! Thank you again for your time.

Wow, 16 years old. Do you have a trip report written for that trip?

Kate

No sadly I do not. I do know it was the first year we stayed on a Disney resort. I use to work in IT before being medically retired. Well it was about to turn from 1999 to 2000 remember the millenium bug scare? I worked so much overtime it paid for our trip!

It's a wrap!

So we were now home. Picked up a very frail dog after his two operations. He then went on to make a splendid full recovery after a third operation. He is doing very well.

Jo later unpacked and placed new items purchased in pride of place.

Then to all those marathon phone calls to family! We both had picked up the usual end of vacation virus , add a pinch of jet lag, lack of sleep we were good for nothing than mindless shows on TV. There was some snoring from the couch... Although Jo denies it..

Jo later filled out complaints form to Virgin Atlantic and took photos of the mangled wheelchair. There was no issue or question they would pay to replace it. They dud also apologise. I ordered the same chair and a replacement cup holder for my rollator they lost. Jo moved over my Captain America wheels onto the new chair when it arrived. They were in ok shape. It is running smoothly.

Since then we have booked our flights for October 2017 for 2 weeks at DVC at WDW. We went to book our 2 nights at VGF with the refunded points only to discover only one night worth of points was there! What!

After Jo had a long phone call with DVC it appears Michael the manager at the Grand credited us all the 2 nights by request to DVC but DVC admin took it upon themselves to only refund one night saying that was the policy. They only credit one night. So Jo booked one night and came off the phone saying never mind better than nothing.

Now what did you think Polly did? Did the TR writer you have come to know who was promised 2 nights refund accept this? Oh no no no. Jo did an Elsa impression telling me to let it go. I grabbed my ipad mini saying I jolly will not Jo you know me better than that.

I wrote war and peace to DVC. Citing the experience we had. I was careful not to ne rude. It wasn't all bad. Staff at VGF were lovely. But we are owners and I expressed we should be able to stay at our own resort.

1 day later I was called by a manager at DVC. Cha ching she refunded 2 nights. She did give me the 'as a one off' speech. I booked an extra night at VGF and told Jo who laughed. I wasn't going to be denied something I was told I was going to get.

So next October we have 2 nights VGF studio... 5 nights studio SSR and then 7 nights one bed SSR ( because Jo has seen the light lol )

But I want to see if BLT or Boulder Creek is available at 7 month window for the 5 night in the studio. Love VWL or Boulder Creek as it is now called and never stayed at BLT yet.

Plus we have 6 night Royal Caribbean France/Spain in August! So see you then!

Thank you so much for all your nice comments and reading my TR. Expect A Pre TR soon...

In the meantime I may make the odd post feel free to do the same.

image.jpeg

Paula,
I Am a lurker but have to tell you how much I enjoyed your trip report. You have a great attitude towards life and No sounds amazing as well. So glad your chair was replaced and you got your 2 nights as promised. Happy New Year.

Paula,
I Am a lurker but have to tell you how much I enjoyed your trip report. You have a great attitude towards life and No sounds amazing as well. So glad your chair was replaced and you got your 2 nights as promised. Happy New Year.

Welcome! How lovely of you to read and join us. Thank you for replying it is a joy to me to know people enjoy it. You never know! You fear people roll their eyes like what is she on lol.

Happy new year to you also!

Nice wrap up - all's well that ends well! Glad you got the 2 nights and a new chair - woohoo! You have a lot to look forward to - looking forward to following along.

Nice wrap up - all's well that ends well! Glad you got the 2 nights and a new chair - woohoo! You have a lot to look forward to - looking forward to following along.

Thank you! It was kind of you to read. We also have a night booked in April at The Ritz in London for Jo's birthday. This is special to us we got married there. Looking forward to that!

I'd love to read about your non-Disney trips. Do you post TR's somewhere else or have a blog?

No I will oost it all here! I will put it in my next PT report. Thank you for your interest. I am hoping for Wimbledon tickets also! That is a nice day out. I enter the ticket lottery every year. The tickets are limited and rather than them go for silly prices the prices remain low but you have to enter a lottery to win. If you do win you get the chance to buy them.

Well I'm glad you got it all worked out. I've received one of those "one off" speeches as well. I thought the new DVC at WL was called Copper Creek, although I have not been paying much attention. Being that I can't book any more trips to WDW while we have not vacated the old house. I hope to get right on that after the New Year!

Polly, I loved your trip report! I was rather silent the past weeks with travelling and the getting into the Christmas hectic directly after... But I read along and loved every bit of it!

What are your dates for October? We might be there in October, too. I ended up exchanging my 14-day ticket for an AP because it was only 68$ and now the AP is burning a hole into my pocket...

And since we just stayed there: the old VWL are now called Boulder Ridge Villas at the Wilderness Lodge (I actually own there), the new DVC that will open there some time in 2017 will be called Copper Creek Villas and Cabins at the Wilderness Lodge. Quite a bit confusing...

He is doing very well.

I am glad that he is OK now.

We both had picked up the usual end of vacation virus

I am glad that I am not the only one who consistently does this.

There was no issue or question they would pay to replace it. They dud also apologise.

I am glad that this has been such a smooth process.

We went to book our 2 nights at VGF with the refunded points only to discover only one night worth of points was there!

How annoying.

After Jo had a long phone call with DVC it appears Michael the manager at the Grand credited us all the 2 nights by request to DVC but DVC admin took it upon themselves to only refund one night saying that was the policy.

That is really not on. if a manager made a promise, this should be honoured.

I wrote war and peace to DVC. Citing the experience we had. I was careful not to ne rude. It wasn't all bad. Staff at VGF were lovely. But we are owners and I expressed we should be able to stay at our own resort.

I am glad you managed to get your point across.

Cha ching she refunded 2 nights.

Result!

So next October we have 2 nights VGF studio... 5 nights studio SSR and then 7 nights one bed SSR ( because Jo has seen the light lol )

This sounds great.

But I want to see if BLT or Boulder Creek is available at 7 month window for the 5 night in the studio. Love VWL or Boulder Creek as it is now called and never stayed at BLT yet.

I keep my fingers crossed for you.

Plus we have 6 night Royal Caribbean France/Spain in August! So see you then!

I am looking forward to reading about this. I am just about ready to start my trip report for our Navigator of the Seas cruise.

Thank you so much for all your nice comments and reading my TR.

Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed reading along.

Expect A Pre TR soon...

I am looking forward to it.

Corinna

Well I'm glad you got it all worked out. I've received one of those "one off" speeches as well. I thought the new DVC at WL was called Copper Creek, although I have not been paying much attention. Being that I can't book any more trips to WDW while we have not vacated the old house. I hope to get right on that after the New Year!

The one off speech and the as an expection annoys me. No just apologise and admit you promised something now deliver!

Copper Creek is the new WL DVC offering not yet open. Boulder Creek is the current DVC VWL that you have.

Good luck to booking in the NE thanks for reading.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter