Are ticket prices increasing this month? Last year it was 2/22....

mamapenguin

DIS Veteran
I looked back and confirmation came only one day before on 2/21. It seems Disney keeps their exact timing a well guarded secret. I asked yesterday at AAA, and they said that they do not get any advance warning.

Speculation always rises when it's been close to year since an increase. There is also increased expectations as Universal already announced their increase for the year and introduced tier pricing (meaning you pay more if you want to visit during specified busier times of the year). I think many are expecting Disney to introduce something similar to DLR - where coming at Christmas/Easter Break etc. would cost more. That would align with their annual pass changes made in the fall.

This is interesting. I've got a trip coming up in May...do you suggest I buy my tickets now? Or if they implement the new pricing do you think the Price for tickets in non peak (1st week of May) would actually come down? (lol I doubt it right)

Also, has anyone had experience with aRes travel? I know some of you have mentioned mousesavers and they mention aRes travel for a bit of a discount on Universal/Disneyland tickets

This is interesting. I've got a trip coming up in May...do you suggest I buy my tickets now? Or if they implement the new pricing do you think the Price for tickets in non peak (1st week of May) would actually come down? (lol I doubt it right)

Also, has anyone had experience with aRes travel? I know some of you have mentioned mousesavers and they mention aRes travel for a bit of a discount on Universal/Disneyland tickets
I have purchased DL parkhoppers from aRes and they worked out great. We stayed at Paradise Pier that trip, and they exchanged the vouchers for tickets at check in. I have no idea what the new pricing will do, so I bought my hoppers from my local AAA office.

Yes, I'd buy your tickets today if I was going by the end of the year.
May I ask what you think is the best/safest way to buy tickets from Disney? E-ticket or hard tickets through the mail? I worry a little about them getting lost or stolen electronically somehow. I'm sure that sounds silly but because they are so expensive I have hesitated in buying them... When they send an e-ticket is it just a matter of printing the email or do you happen to know if my Disney password would be required to print the tickets? Thanks!

Actual hard tickets in the mail are easier to lose than an email that you can save on your computer or smart phone - then you have it regardless if you print it off and lose it. When they send them to you - you just print them - you don't need to log into your account. This is how many things are sold today, including tickets to many attractions and events.

I did eticket. They emailed it to me. I use target gift cards for a discount. See the other thread currently getting responses. :)

Yes, I'd buy your tickets today if I was going by the end of the year.
Historically.... If they go up tonight.... Will AAA offices go up immediately? I'm planning on sending DH tomorrow first thing, but my spidey sense tells me it's tonight....

Historically.... If they go up tonight.... Will AAA offices go up immediately? I'm planning on sending DH tomorrow first thing, but my spidey sense tells me it's tonight....
Don't prices always increase on Sunday mornings? Did they increase on a Monday last year?

I just realized it'd be a great time to increase prices after tonight's 60th special on TV :sad2:

I'd say they will go up by months end.. They are currently in the process of replacing all the price boards at the ticket booths with LCD screens. So not only is a price increase imminent, but I see them restructuring the tickets to a demand (dynamic) price model. Buy now.

We are going at the end of May and I bought our tickets a few weeks ago....in case an increase came

Someone in another thread mentioned a price increase on churros. Usually a price increase for food precedes a ticket prike hike.

How would setting the price based on how busy it is work with tickets that are good for up to a year? For example, if a tiered system were in place right now and I bought today (low season) and use them in July (busy season), would I have to pay a difference at the gate? I guess I'm asking how they would handle advanced sales with a tiered system. Maybe advanced sales would end. Seems very complicated because sometimes there is a peak week right in the middle of a non-peak time.

Maybe I should look up how Universal does it.

I'd say they will go up by months end.. They are currently in the process of replacing all the price boards at the ticket booths with LCD screens. So not only is a price increase imminent, but I see them restructuring the tickets to a demand (dynamic) price model. Buy now.

That is expected I guess - I mean where do you go today where the signs are not digital? But there was something kind
How would setting the price based on how busy it is work with tickets that are good for up to a year? For example, if a tiered system were in place right now and I bought today (low season) and use them in July (busy season), would I have to pay a difference at the gate? I guess I'm asking how they would handle advanced sales with a tiered system. Maybe advanced sales would end. Seems very complicated because sometimes there is a peak week right in the middle of a non-peak time.

I would think that tickets bought today would be one category and tickets purchased after the changes are announced would have a distinction attached.

Just like the premium annual pass - if you purchased it before the annual pass changes then you would still be good for full access 365 years at the old price - but like anything, eventually the time runs out and you have to buy into the new pricing.

Universal charges full price for all tickets unless you buy a dated ticket for a discounted day. The date specific tickets can't be used on any other day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter