• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are there any testing locations near WDW that aren't drive thru?

AdamsMum

DIS Veteran
I won't have a car when I'm there in December. I suppose I could rent a car for a day, but are there any options for a test that isn't drive thru?

Is CVS drive thru? I am booked with CVS but it didnt mention drive thru on the booking, though that would be convenient?

I have a test planned for this coming Thursday my son who needs a PCR test for band camp (even though he's fully vaxxed!) right after our trip. It's at CVS and yes, it's drive-thru.

I did a ton of research and could not find anything that would be free (or under $150) that was NOT drive-thru. I'm a Costco member and found that I could rent a car from Avis through them at the Hilton Disney Springs for the day for $65 total. I figured a taxi or uber/lyft would be about that price as well when you add in the wait time. I also was hesitant because I didn't want the uber or taxi driver to refuse (which is a real possibility). All in all, I feel better with the rental! I'll report back with how it went!

Is CVS drive thru? I am booked with CVS but it didnt mention drive thru on the booking, though that would be convenient?

Every CVS, Walgreens, and Walmart that I could find in Orange County was drive-thru. The only walk-ins I could find were $150+.

I found the same thing. Only drive thru places were free. Fortunately I have a friend who lives in Orlando and drove me thru Walgreens.

We had (and still have) great service with Tony Hinds (look him up on Facebook). He (or one of his drivers) is absolutely willing to go to the Walgreens drive-through testing with us. I don’t know exactly how much it will cost to do just a back-and-forth drive-through as we did that while going somewhere else but I’m expecting something around 40-50$. Definitely worth it in my opinion!

We had (and still have) great service with Tony Hinds (look him up on Facebook). He (or one of his drivers) is absolutely willing to go to the Walgreens drive-through testing with us. I don’t know exactly how much it will cost to do just a back-and-forth drive-through as we did that while going somewhere else but I’m expecting something around 40-50$. Definitely worth it in my opinion!
Just messaged him. Thanks!!

From the CVS Website
  • Test performed in drive-thru lane.
Thanks! Thats for all types of tests (we have antigen booked for pre cruise)? This is what it says on my email booking so I assumed we would be "called in" somewhere, but drive thru is perfect!

No first hand experience with either but both of these are free testing options if you don't want or can't do a drive though.

Currative - Free testing. Locations near Disney. One location is across the street from the Sheraton Vistana resorts. Receive results digitally in 1-2 days. https://curative.com/?fbclid=IwAR2moXewZLiFykPopZ_-Rgc40gcvPartp0fY1dO-w3nML1vGkTbz_xF7dag

Beeper MD - Free testing. Will send a nurse to you at your location (including hotels). They will complete the test in your room and provide results in 24-48 hours. https://beepermd.com/?fbclid=IwAR2dwM6ZysNOR8zZAb6x3IjT_OtdXu5h7Ag2EmaJL7nxIkhnn3iyjjLO_U0#hero

I have a test planned for this coming Thursday my son who needs a PCR test for band camp (even though he's fully vaxxed!) right after our trip. It's at CVS and yes, it's drive-thru.

I did a ton of research and could not find anything that would be free (or under $150) that was NOT drive-thru. I'm a Costco member and found that I could rent a car from Avis through them at the Hilton Disney Springs for the day for $65 total. I figured a taxi or uber/lyft would be about that price as well when you add in the wait time. I also was hesitant because I didn't want the uber or taxi driver to refuse (which is a real possibility). All in all, I feel better with the rental! I'll report back with how it went!

So just thought I'd update. The car rental went well enough. I stayed at the Swan and took a Lyft to the Hilton at Disney Springs at about 7:30 in the morning this past Thursday. The Hilton is about 10 minutes from the Swan so I had time to spare. The desk was supposed to open at 8:00am but the agent wasn't there until about 8:10. I was on the road back to the Swan in 10 minutes. Picked up the fam and we went to AK (parking is free with Disney/Swan room key). Left with the park with my son and it took about 30 minutes to get to the CVS (the closest with available appointments--I booked a week in advance). Went to the drive up pharmacy window and the pharmacist handed us a test kit, he swabbed his nose, I put the kit in a collection bin and we were on the road back to MK. It was very easy and kind of nice to have a car for the day. I returned the car at about 10 pm--they are closed but they said to just drop the key with the Hilton front desk.

All in all it was easy. The benefit of renting through Costco was important and getting the appointment a week or so in advance was important too. Kind of a pain in the neck but way better than shelling out $150+.

Got a text with the results (negative!) at about 6pm on Friday.

So just thought I'd update. The car rental went well enough. I stayed at the Swan and took a Lyft to the Hilton at Disney Springs at about 7:30 in the morning this past Thursday. The Hilton is about 10 minutes from the Swan so I had time to spare. The desk was supposed to open at 8:00am but the agent wasn't there until about 8:10. I was on the road back to the Swan in 10 minutes. Picked up the fam and we went to AK (parking is free with Disney/Swan room key). Left with the park with my son and it took about 30 minutes to get to the CVS (the closest with available appointments--I booked a week in advance). Went to the drive up pharmacy window and the pharmacist handed us a test kit, he swabbed his nose, I put the kit in a collection bin and we were on the road back to MK. It was very easy and kind of nice to have a car for the day. I returned the car at about 10 pm--they are closed but they said to just drop the key with the Hilton front desk.

All in all it was easy. The benefit of renting through Costco was important and getting the appointment a week or so in advance was important too. Kind of a pain in the neck but way better than shelling out $150+.

Are you Canadian and did you register on line for an appointment/test? If so, did it cost you anything for the test? How did you handle the address and insurance plan questions? Thanks

Are you Canadian and did you register on line for an appointment/test? If so, did it cost you anything for the test? How did you handle the address and insurance plan questions? Thanks
I am NOT Canadian so I can't answer any of those questions! My son needed the PCR test for a camp he's attending. My point in posting is that the logistics of picking up a car, getting to CVS, and returning to WDW was easy. If you search these forums others have been able to answer your questions.

I'm interested in these things too. I went into Walgreen's website just to see how far I could get. There was no question about insurance. When it came to the address, I was stumped. I put in the address of the hotel I'm staying at and it accepted and gave me a list of available times. The list included the following 3 days and the first 2 days were completely booked. So I'm thinking you have to plan to book 3 days out and factor in the 72 hours after that.

Honestly, I'm a bit stressed about this and I'm considering just cancelling my December trip. This was to celebrate my retirement. :sad2: Boo hoo. With all the other changes (ME gone, G+, extra charges) I think I'll just cancel and hopefully there will be a time soon when testing isn't necessary. I'll lose some points, but at least I won't spend my vacation worrying about getting back on a plane to come home.

There are a LARGE number of testing threads in the Cdn forum that outline exactly how/when/where to do your tests in Orlando, and a few more that discuss Anaheim. Read those threads for tons of first hand experiences.

In general, use your hotel address, click no to insurance/vouchers, and use your Canadian id (or Nexus card if you have one) at the drive-thru window. Easy-peasy.

My long-delayed retirement trip is also scheduled for Dec timeframe and we are watching the situation anxiously. Thank you to everyone who is willing to share their experiences and tips about COVID testing options. It is was a big blow to think we could be looking at an extra $500/pp or so to complete the requirements. As the prices of everything seem to keep going up, up, and UP, this could have been the final straw for us at this time. I have been saving for this trip for a long time, and know we may have to reschedule (again) but I would hate to have to do so based on $ alone.

Just used beeper md. They are free and will come to your resort. Just be aware that they don’t confirm the appointment time until the day of, so it may be a little hard to plan out your day. IMO it’s worth it though since it’s free and you don’t have to Uber or taxi anywhere. Our nanny left earlier last week and she received her results in 48 hrs. There were no issues with customs/airline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter