Are MagicBands Already Charged?

DisneyFan32WI

Grumpy Cat
I have to purchase a MagicBand for my daughter to use this weekend. I'll be arriving the night before she comes in so I was planning to grab one at the AKL gift shop. Are the bands already fully charged? How long does the battery typically last before you have to recharge?

Last edited:
I have to purchase a MagicBand for my daughter to use this weekend. I'll be arriving the night before she comes in so I was planning to grab on at the AKL gift shop. Are the bands already fully charged? How long does the battery typically last before you have to recharge?
The new MagicBand+ will only be partially charged and comes with a charging cable which can be plugged into any USB port in the room. They will work without charging for any feature where you need to physically touch the band to a reader (park entry, room entry, room charging, etc.). The only features that require the band to be charged are interactive features (Fab 50 Statue interactions, Star Wars Bounty hunting in DHS and interactions with evening shows). Disney recommends charging them nightly during your stay.

The new MagicBand+ will only be partially charged and comes with a charging cable which can be plugged into any USB port in the room. They will work without charging for any feature where you need to physically touch the band to a reader (park entry, room entry, room charging, etc.). The only features that require the band to be charged are interactive features (Fab 50 Statue interactions, Star Wars Bounty hunting in DHS and interactions with evening shows). Disney recommends charging them nightly during your stay.
Thank you so much, Michael!

Ours would not fully charge until they were paired to our phones via bluetooth. I think they only charged a quarter of the way without doing this. Not sure if this is normal or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter