Are Amazon digital credits for delayed delivery kaput?

That 6% offer is something of a scam. It makes you think you might be saving 5% with your Amazon credit card (which you get off every purchase on Amazon) plus another 6% for selecting the delayed shipping. But of course it's only another 1% (added to the normal 5%). So that's 50 cents off a $50 order for delayed shipping? Away! Nothing like $1.50 off a $2 order.

In the past, I never saw the digital credit offer for purchases fewer than two items. But it turns out the offer now (at least that I see) is only for only *one* item - $1 credit. If you have two items in your cart, no offer. Never saw that before. So I just placed about 15 separate orders for 15 needed items. 😂

I keep a bookmark of the page that shows you your tally.

https://www.amazon.com/norushcredits?ref_=ya_d_l_payment_methods_norushcredit

…So I just placed about 15 separate orders for 15 needed items. 😂

I like having an Amazon account too much to risk ticking them off over such a tiny amount. They may not have a limit right now but someday they will- don’t wanna get swept away when they decide to implement that algo as they do shutdown accounts every once in a while.

That 6% offer is something of a scam. It makes you think you might be saving 5% with your Amazon credit card (which you get off every purchase on Amazon) plus another 6% for selecting the delayed shipping. But of course it's only another 1% (added to the normal 5%). So that's 50 cents off a $50 order for delayed shipping? Away! Nothing like $1.50 off a $2 order.

In the past, I never saw the digital credit offer for purchases fewer than two items. But it turns out the offer now (at least that I see) is only for only *one* item - $1 credit. If you have two items in your cart, no offer. Never saw that before. So I just placed about 15 separate orders for 15 needed items. 😂

Thanks for the link Scrap! Hope you are doing well:wave2:

Anyone still seeing the offer for digital credits for delayed delivery? I haven't seen them for a couple weeks.
Still there. I just got $3 for 2 things I ordered. It may be random or depending on the seller? I get it
90% of the time. I got $76 sitting in digital credits which I plan to use Black Friday movie and streaming
deals..

Last edited:
The delayed shipping deal I used to see was $1.50 digital credit per item maxing out at $2.25 for three items.

I'm still seeing the offer of $1 digital credit only when ordering just one item. Two items or more in the cart and the offer is 6% - which is of course only 1% more than the usual 5% discount for the Amazon credit card. You'd have to order only $100 items to get that to rival the previous deals.

Hmm they might have stopped it for the holidays. I usually always get the offer. I put
in 3 orders last week and 1 today and nothing. DH got offered $1. They recently hired
more seasonal drivers so need for delayed shipping has decreased

Hmm they might have stopped it for the holidays. I usually always get the offer. I put
in 3 orders last week and 1 today and nothing. DH got offered $1. They recently hired
more seasonal drivers so need for delayed shipping has decreased
I got it again yesterday (11/19) for one item. It was only $1, but the delayed delivery date worked out better since I wasn't going to be home on the day Prime would have delivered it.

I havent seen it for a bit. I have their CC. Those who are still seeing it, do you have amazon’s CC?

eta ..I do have the CC and I think only have seen the get 6% instead of 5, for a few weeks now. As someone noted, that could turn out to be an extra 30 cents or so. Not as good as a deal.

Next time I order something, I think I'll try to switch to another CC and see what happens.

Last edited:
I havent seen it for a bit. I have their CC. Those who are still seeing it, do you have amazon’s CC?
I don't have the credit card and usually 9 out of 10 orders I get offered it....up until last week.

eta ..I do have the CC and I think only have seen the get 6% instead of 5, for a few weeks now. As someone noted, that could turn out to be an extra 30 cents or so. Not as good as a deal.

Next time I order something, I think I'll try to switch to another CC and see what happens.
Seeing the option again but I do not have the Amazon cc. I've gotten $1 and $3 digital credit options the last couple days.

I suspect if it's cc related you might need to remove the Amazon cc completely from your account.

I'm sure it depends on exactly where you live and the general shipping from where what you bought is coming from and where you are. Some fancy algorithm.
I've gotten plenty of offers recently (I have $11 banked right now) but most of what I'm buying is for our upcoming Disney trip, and I didn't want to deal with stuff arriving so close to when we leave. Of course the suitcase and packing cubes I ordered for 60% off on eBags isn't getting here as fast as I'd hoped, so I can't actually start packing yet. There was LOTS of laundry to do, so it's fine. I'm fine.

It was back today and I got $4 for 2 items. I haven't seen 4 dollars offered in forever. Unfortunately
it would have been nice for all the black friday shopping i did. I have to admit though some things
I ordered on Thursday night at 7 was on my porch next day at 8 am. I haven't seen them deliver that
fast in a lonnnnnng time.

What can you use the digital credits for? I never pay attention to those. Now that I think about it, I usually get offers for digital music.

Last edited:
They are back in full force. I keep getting offers for $4 credits. Never had them that high before. Had one today, but needed it same day. I did take 2 $4 credits last week.

What can you use the digital credits for? I never pay attention to those. Now that I think about it, I usually get offers for digital music.
We used them for Kindle books but could have used them for music (or maybe movies) if we had bought any.

Movies here too - I usually wait (if I can) for their Black Friday or other special deals when some of their older digital movies go down to $5 and then with my $3 credit it becomes $2. That seems decent for a movie I will never actually own but view now online and hopefully in the future.

I just got a $3 credit for a order in the beginning of December so they are still coming up randomly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter